Proposed Balancing changes.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Proposed Balancing changes.

Postby ikalugin » Sun 13 May 2012 09:19

- Increase accuracy and range of all ground based SACLOS/SALH ATGM/TGM weapons.
- Increase range of those weapons by 300ish meters.
- Decrease price of ATGM weapons (TOW, D2 ect) for NATO.
- Improve (slightly) stabilizers on WP tanks.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Arnie
Sergeant Major

Re: Proposed Balancing changes.

Postby Arnie » Sun 13 May 2012 09:40

Yeah lol, nobody is ever going to use tanks anymore then.. gg :shock:

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sun 13 May 2012 09:52

Arnie wrote:Yeah lol, nobody is ever going to use tanks anymore then.. gg :shock:

No, you would be able to, provided you suppress non mobile ATGM with artillery (or rocket artillery or mortars or infantry), just like in real life.

The idea of this change is to create a need to use heavy support measures for tanks, when breaking through anti tank defense (which should by definition be effective against tanks and isnt now).
You would still have mobility advantage over ATGM/TGM weapons, ability to suppress them (morale and fire affect their accuracy in a more profound way) with your tanks. But in duel situation ATGM in cover vs tank ATGM must win.
Praslovan:

derpcannon BG
Sergeant Major

Postby derpcannon BG » Sun 13 May 2012 09:56

Why not increase accuracy of helicopter borne ATGM missiles also? Since many people will start bitching that tanks wont have large impact on gameplay theyre supposed to have I suggest modeling jamming devices on tanks like the shtora and these sort of things but I doubt the game engine with its limited capabilities will make it possible to have this feature implemented.

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Sun 13 May 2012 10:00

Kinda agree with ATGMs, these things need a buff. The accuracy should be increased depending of missile type (MCLOS/SACLOS/SALH)

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sun 13 May 2012 10:04

derpcannon BG wrote:Why not increase accuracy of helicopter borne ATGM missiles also? Since many people will start bitching that tanks wont have large impact on gameplay theyre supposed to have I suggest modeling jamming devices on tanks like the shtora and these sort of things but I doubt the game engine with its limited capabilities will make it possible to have this feature implemented.

Shtora was not there in 1985. Personally I have no problem with helicopters that use SACLOS/SALH missiles, I think they tend to be fine (accuracy wise).
The ground situation I think got unbalanced due to increase in range of tank weapons (it is ok if heavy tanks are better than medium ones, but the whole ATGM picture went wrong).

Also I would propose a slight decrease in AP values of buffed tanks, so they have same effective value on old range (it appears to me that their effective AP is buffed as well)
Praslovan:

derpcannon BG
Sergeant Major

Postby derpcannon BG » Sun 13 May 2012 10:12

ikalugin wrote:
derpcannon BG wrote:Why not increase accuracy of helicopter borne ATGM missiles also? Since many people will start bitching that tanks wont have large impact on gameplay theyre supposed to have I suggest modeling jamming devices on tanks like the shtora and these sort of things but I doubt the game engine with its limited capabilities will make it possible to have this feature implemented.

Shtora was not there in 1985. Personally I have no problem with helicopters that use SACLOS/SALH missiles, I think they tend to be fine (accuracy wise).
The ground situation I think got unbalanced due to increase in range of tank weapons (it is ok if heavy tanks are better than medium ones, but the whole ATGM picture went wrong).

Also I would propose a slight decrease in AP values of buffed tanks, so they have same effective value on old range (it appears to me that their effective AP is buffed as well)

Are you saying the kokon on the Mi-24s is accurate?

ikalugin

Postby ikalugin » Sun 13 May 2012 11:07

derpcannon BG wrote:
ikalugin wrote:

Are you saying the kokon on the Mi-24s is accurate?

I had no problem with helicopters, but then I mostly use Mi17 and Mi28
Praslovan:

johnsushant
Sergeant Major

Postby johnsushant » Sun 13 May 2012 11:11

They need to increase the range and accuracy of almost all ATGMs(Apaches and Havoks could do with range only). To balance ATGMs just mess with the reload times so cheap ATGMs fire much lesser than the higher end ATGMs(this is similar to how Reload times of Buratino & Smerch was increased so that one can't keep continuously spam it even when they have the supplies).

Arnie
Sergeant Major

Postby Arnie » Sun 13 May 2012 12:08

ikalugin wrote:
Arnie wrote:Yeah lol, nobody is ever going to use tanks anymore then.. gg :shock:

No, you would be able to, provided you suppress non mobile ATGM with artillery (or rocket artillery or mortars or infantry), just like in real life.

The idea of this change is to create a need to use heavy support measures for tanks, when breaking through anti tank defense (which should by definition be effective against tanks and isnt now).
You would still have mobility advantage over ATGM/TGM weapons, ability to suppress them (morale and fire affect their accuracy in a more profound way) with your tanks. But in duel situation ATGM in cover vs tank ATGM must win.

I disagree. If you spread out your ATGM units (most of which are really cheap so you can get a lot) you can already block an entire area for tanks. If you need to blast all those units with artillery before you can use tanks its never going to happen. You will sit there all day long to try and hit all of them with artillery.
You already need artillery as support for your tanks if you want to advance through an ATGM screen.

Ran into a guy who did this yesterday, I couldnt go anywhere with a tank or vehicle without getting 3 missiles pop out from a few different places.

If you want to have this as realistic as possible, we'll also have to start calling in realistic numbers of artillery. And please, help us when that is a necessity.

I think the current state of the game is a good mix between some reality but most importantly fun gameplay.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”