Modding tools

omega21
Sergeant Major

Re: Modding tools

Postby omega21 » Mon 15 Apr 2013 15:05

Modern Warfare Mod players represent, yo. I'm glad that blahdy et al are still working on it.

But I agree with torrisco's logic here. I do hope for a limited map editor (only map) for W:EE or W:ALB at some point, though I definitely want to see a sequel.

Eugen has been good to us so far. :D Which is why I will have no qualms preordering ALB, even though I hate preorders usually.
Image Image

Lapatun
Private

Postby Lapatun » Sun 2 Jun 2013 16:18

Good day!
Are there any tools for modding? How to extract files DAT?

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:05

Lapatun wrote:Are there any tools for modding? How to extract files DAT?

No.

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:24

Torrisco wrote:if i want to choose between give money to devs to make a new wargame or give the money to make mod tools, i will always choose the first option, as the "serious modders" finally get bored developing a mod

I guess we should just give up then? Without even trying, just quit.
RLTW

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:27

Apocalypse31 wrote:
Torrisco wrote:if i want to choose between give money to devs to make a new wargame or give the money to make mod tools, i will always choose the first option, as the "serious modders" finally get bored developing a mod

Well what does "trying" entail? Anything new or just more of the same post that have already been answered by Eugen?

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:33

OpusTheFowl wrote:
Apocalypse31 wrote:

Well what does "trying" entail? Anything new or just more of the same post that have already been answered by Eugen?

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
RLTW

OpusTheFowl
General

Postby OpusTheFowl » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:35

[quote="Apocalypse31"The squeaky wheel gets the grease.[/quote]

Translation: "No, nothing new. We'll just ignore what Eugen has said and keep pestling them..."

Why haven't you guys done created the tools on your own? You've have over a year now...

Apocalypse31
First Sergeant

Postby Apocalypse31 » Sun 2 Jun 2013 18:39

OpusTheFowl wrote:
Apocalypse31 wrote:The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Translation: "No, nothing new. We'll just ignore what Eugen has said and keep pestling them..."

Why haven't you guys done created the tools on your own? You've have over a year now...

Eugen has obviously said NO to mod tools, but where is the harm in continuing to try?
RLTW

Whistler118
Sergeant Major

Postby Whistler118 » Sun 9 Jun 2013 17:23

I can image that handing over serious modding tools to the community will affect the sales of future Wargame games. Just look, WALB is essentially the same as WEE but with smoke, planes and betters sound. If the game engine can be expanded to allow another full title release then im sure they will want to keep for future ones.

Its a real shame and I hope with Wargame 3 (touch wood) they change the game engine so much they can release modding tools for WEE because I think what can be achived would be incredible.

Bremer
Private

Postby Bremer » Sat 29 Jun 2013 14:09

Or it should be possible that they sell a modding tool, like Eversim in GPS3. But than, all a crying about to pay for it. Unfortunately you can not satisfy everyone. But only a dat unpacker to edit the texts and graphics is all I want. Many other companies have done the same and its not bad for business...

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”