Starting Deck

fldash
Sergeant First-Class

Starting Deck

Postby fldash » Thu 17 May 2012 19:35

Just purchased this game yesterday, I've done the first 3 single missions and decided to jump in multi-. First of all, no one wants to play with a newbie. Is your ranking that important? Secondly, I need help building decks, is there a topic somewhere that lists what's ideal to take as a new player?

I looked thru this forum and didn't see anything definitive...

walkyre
Master Sergeant

Re: Starting Deck

Postby walkyre » Thu 17 May 2012 20:15

Riisto
Sergeant

Postby Riisto » Thu 17 May 2012 20:17

Salute fellow commander /_0

If you need basic help I recommed checking out my first 1 1/2 weeks of multiplayer games from my 'Quest to top 100':
http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=6456

It has lots of games and deck composition discussion. I'm currently starting same kind of set with PACT. You can follow that and me live from the forum topic I posted above.

Most of all - don't get depressed at start. The game has some basic things you need to get hold of to manage yourself against another human opponent. After that the learning gets more stable and you can increase your skill and deck performance by making small tweaks.

-Comrade Riisto

Generic_Guy13
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Generic_Guy13 » Fri 18 May 2012 09:09

Hey dude, welcome to the game. IMHO it is best to play a few games at the beginning using units that you think are cool. See how they work out for you. If they don't, move on to something else. The objective is to get a feel for a wide variety of units in your first games. Don't get upset if people shout at you, you're allowed to be less than perfect when you start playing. When you realise what units are good for you, use them and you will be fine.

I'm available for a game if you want one, to give you a 'helping hand' as it were. Just PM me if you want and we'll set something up.

Will
<3
"A good compromise is one where nobody is happy."

More Challengers will solve any issue.

Oliver
Colonel

Postby Oliver » Fri 18 May 2012 09:48

There are many people out there giving good advice. Just start a conversation ingame and ask your teammates for advice.

The advice I can give is to read some beginner's guides as linked in the sticky on top of the "Armies&Strategies" board.

I also recommend to spend your first stars on the following things: One piece of good AA (2nd Tunguska/Marder Roland), one high end tank (Leo 2/T80) and a land recon. This should get you through your first matches without loosing too much.

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Fri 18 May 2012 12:11

Watch my commentaries as well, some nice tips for newbies. :)

http://www.youtube.com/fanetv

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Fri 18 May 2012 13:09

fldash wrote:Just purchased this game yesterday, I've done the first 3 single missions and decided to jump in multi-. First of all, no one wants to play with a newbie. Is your ranking that important? Secondly, I need help building decks, is there a topic somewhere that lists what's ideal to take as a new player?

Lots of people don't want to play with a teammate who doesn't know what he is doing, and roughly level = experience. There's a LOT to learn before you can hold your own in multiplayer. Try finding a "noobs only"/max level 10 game, or somebody without an attitude.

If you play against/team with level 50+ players, you will shoot up in levels even if you get owned totally, so your apparent level will soon be a non-issue.

Check what's available in youtube or wargamereplays.org, this will give you ideas what kind of tactics to use and which units are worthwhile and for what.

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Fri 18 May 2012 16:46

If you ever want to play and cannot get a place because of this.. give me a call and I play with you (usually low level players are less frequently obnoxious than some super ego 80+ level). In game name Urza

fldash
Sergeant First-Class

Postby fldash » Sun 20 May 2012 16:09

Thanks guys, I wasn't wondering about which units to deploy first... I was wondering about which units to unlock for my multiplayer deck. I found a post for NATO, but I cannot find one for Pact... Any tips on which units I need to unlock, I can't play multi- with the starting deck...

tiago
Captain

Postby tiago » Sun 20 May 2012 17:35

For pact. Unlock DANA, unlcok a high tier tank ( as much of t80 line as possible) and unlock 1 of the SAm tunguskas or other as your desire.

troops get the mostreski and get som recon infantary as well.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”