Starting Deck

trotskygrad
General

Re: Starting Deck

Postby trotskygrad » Mon 3 Dec 2012 22:32

T64 series is a good investment, along with M60 patton since the heavy tank meta is passed

Auf. 1 and DANA are good arty pieces to start with.

can't go wrong with some cheap T55s too

if you're looking into more pricey units, buk/buk-m1/mi-28/apache are all great.

the better hind variants are the Mi-24P and A.

as for infantry I'd get some SF and some chausseurs FAMAS and motostrelki as base... vyads are more expensive.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Alicuza
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Alicuza » Mon 3 Dec 2012 22:46

elmoking wrote:
Alicuza wrote:
elmoking wrote:Best AA is buk and tung and igla

And then you have 3 units that do the same damned thing, with no other cost efficient use.
nope not true

igla is cheap and can cheaply block flanks, and also spam control
buk is long range sniping of recces and apache
tung is all purpose use because it is mobile and has high ammo and good range/acc

igla vs strop, for instance:
60 pts for 3*5 missiles in 3 different locations
50 pts for 1*4 missiles in 1 location
same range same acc same dmg
???

I didn't say they are useless, I just think blocking 3 slots with AA is redundant.

elmoking
Lieutenant

Postby elmoking » Mon 3 Dec 2012 23:24

well yeah, its a bit burdening but it completely secures me from air.

Also, "apache/havoc are great" LLLLLLLL

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Mon 3 Dec 2012 23:47

elmoking wrote:well yeah, its a bit burdening but it completely secures me from air.

Also, "apache/havoc are great" LLLLLLLL

they are if you can micro them well.

what's your point?
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

elmoking
Lieutenant

Postby elmoking » Tue 4 Dec 2012 09:27

the point is quite clearly that they are not

BlackLabel
Sergeant First-Class

Postby BlackLabel » Tue 4 Dec 2012 10:03

I found myself disregarding the Tunguska completely. Reasons being: I can have 2 Strop 2 being as fast as my CV at the start, thus making them able to drive in front of it to the first zone, followed by a BUK.

Never used the OSA much, maybe i should try. Afghanskys are cool just to have them at times. Plus they only take a vehicle instead of a support slot ( as mentioned earlier in the thread ).

Its funny to have your enemy trying to hunt the BUK with arty while you can leasurly drive it out of harms way.

Never used AA inf, maybe should try them but i struggle to get rid of any other infantry choice i have which consists
of Speznatz in hinds, valamasakrariwhatevers in cheap transports and MI´s, east german troops in bmp´1s and the obligatory rocket inf. I was thinking about getting rid of the valamasakrariwhatevers in transports and replace them with the motos.

elmoking
Lieutenant

Postby elmoking » Tue 4 Dec 2012 11:58

2 strop-2s are the same points as a tung for an equal number of inferior missiles. however you do get the advantage of two fast platforms over a single slower one, but this can be made good with btr igla.

Joskip
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Joskip » Tue 4 Dec 2012 16:09

Somebody please study the Mi-24P and Mi-28 Havoc and then explain to me why for god's sake I would ever want to spend an additional 80 points at something at best equally good. After that I'll in turn explain why your explanation is wrong.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Tue 4 Dec 2012 16:20

Shoot on the move, twice as many ATGMs.

Enough for you?
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Tue 4 Dec 2012 16:34

And let us not forget the top speed, maneuverability, and the nice, nice 122 mm rockets.
Croche et Tient

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”