Delta Force are AMAZING!!!

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Delta Force are AMAZING!!!

Postby ikalugin » Thu 24 May 2012 22:25

REDDQ wrote:
contrail wrote:Apparently the Delta Force motto is, "Liberate the Oppressed".

LOL :lol:

By a bullet to the head no doubt.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Thu 24 May 2012 22:38

contrail wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Dares_Wins

Apparently the Delta Force motto is, "Liberate the Oppressed".

Funny considering they spend most of their time propping up oppressive regimes.

Best wishes,
Daniel.
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

Hidden Gunman
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Hidden Gunman » Fri 25 May 2012 01:15

I've actually wondered why Delta was included in the game...the tasks that they are used for tend to be more applicable to Rangers or half-decent infantry. I think they tend to be more of a strategic asset, rather than an operational one.

That said, though, my experience is with the Australian Army and we have a strong emphasis on multi-role and capability line infantry, which doctrine provides as being able to fulfill functions that other nations spec ops trooops do.
A Firefly killed Wittman...

It's a 17lbr, not a 76.2mm.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Fri 25 May 2012 01:37

Hidden Gunman wrote:I've actually wondered why Delta was included in the game...the tasks that they are used for tend to be more applicable to Rangers or half-decent infantry. I think they tend to be more of a strategic asset, rather than an operational one.

Agreed, you're totally right. Its been discussed amongst players a few times.

Bastables
Warrant Officer

Postby Bastables » Wed 30 May 2012 03:05

Hidden Gunman wrote:I've actually wondered why Delta was included in the game...the tasks that they are used for tend to be more applicable to Rangers or half-decent infantry. I think they tend to be more of a strategic asset, rather than an operational one.

That said, though, my experience is with the Australian Army and we have a strong emphasis on multi-role and capability line infantry, which doctrine provides as being able to fulfill functions that other nations spec ops trooops do.

ANZAC Infantry come from armies that are much smaller and can afford to spend time and money "over" training the Infantry battalions.

You'll see the difference when reading that Indonesians are surprised at a basic thing like battalion infantry rappelling from Black Hawks and Iroquois initially misidentifying them as A/NZ SAS. Because their battalion infantry don't even ride in helos never mind rappel off them.

Like the US the more "complicated" infantry skills are the preserve of the multitude of special force units. I'm pretty sure things like Indonesian KOSTRAD units and Russian Spetz are actually larger or similar in size compared with entire NZ army or all the Aussie Infantry battalions.
Last edited by Bastables on Wed 30 May 2012 03:23, edited 1 time in total.

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Wed 30 May 2012 03:20

I feel like it should be green berets or navy SEALS instead of delta force... deltas typically do more covert op type work, as far as I know.

derpcannon BG
Sergeant Major

Postby derpcannon BG » Wed 30 May 2012 13:18

Too bad VDV has crappy anti infantry ability, spetsnaz are helpless against tanks and VPZU are no way near delta force :( Thats why when playing NATO you have more infiltration options.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Wed 30 May 2012 13:37

derpcannon BG wrote:Too bad VDV has crappy anti infantry ability, spetsnaz are helpless against tanks and VPZU are no way near delta force :( Thats why when playing NATO you have more infiltration options.

They can kill light vehicles and even tanks (if lucky)
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Azaz3l
Brigadier

Postby Azaz3l » Wed 30 May 2012 14:11

derpcannon BG wrote:Too bad VDV has crappy anti infantry ability, spetsnaz are helpless against tanks and VPZU are no way near delta force :( Thats why when playing NATO you have more infiltration options.

No way near? 4 VPZU have almost same stats as the delta force, they are less accurate by 1 points and the RoF is a little slower too. 4 VPZU have better optics than delta force though.

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”