Why is the ASU85 here?

Orange
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Why is the ASU85 here?

Postby Orange » Sat 26 May 2012 02:13

Hold on. ASU got AP 2 HE 3. IS-122 got AP 2 HE 4. The HMG rate of fire is a bit higher overlooked that sry but still everything else than size and HMG ROF is worse and its stats are the most red'ish I think. Other units in same cost range IS-122, T-34 render it useless.

But please do use ASU, I like to win.
Hey Ya
Mighty-I-dee-I-dee-I (Mighty-I-dee-I-dee-I)
Odee odee odee oooo (Ode odee odee oooo)
Odee odee odee oooooo (Ode odee odee oooo)

Mighty ighty ighty ighty ighty ighty O

ow592
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ow592 » Sat 26 May 2012 02:17

solvens wrote:
Orange wrote:Still, even with that I have heavy doubts towards its usefulness as every other aspect apart from Size is worse

Let's see : Better acuracy, better RoF for the HMG, better optics (I think), less fuel consumption, and AP rounds instead of HEAT (which is a big advantage). In some extreme cases, I think it can even be slightly better than a T-34 or a T-55, but the lack of versatility comdemns the ASU.

t-34/t-55 do fit in the same roll as ASU85, but one thing that is an advantage of ASU85 over the tanks is the usage of slots. maybe some of you need all their tank slots for other tanks (for example T-64, T-72, T-80 because they have heavy tanks, T-62 for their cheap long range ATGM and BMP685 for fast flanking) and you still have slots in vehicle section. I know, that it is not a very common deck, but it is possible ...

BTW: on PACT side I don´t use much vehicle slots (no good autocannons, no need for inf-carrier without inf, ...)

Orange wrote:Hold on. ASU got AP 2 HE 3. IS-122 got AP 2 HE 4. The HMG rate of fire is a bit higher overlooked that sry but still everything else than size and HMG ROF is worse and its stats are the most red'ish I think. Other units in same cost range IS-122, T-34 render it useless.

SU-122 is only HEAT and that is a much bigger difference then 1 point in HE. ASU85 has one point more accuracy. I see ASU85 fielded in game, but I don´t see the SU-122.

solvens wrote:But please do use ASU, I like to win.

Learn what unit size means for ambushes and for getting hit. Learn about what accuracy means in the game. Learn what crap 3 AP HEAT is against the most used NATO-Tanks. Then think about your last sentence.

Orange
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Orange » Sat 26 May 2012 02:43

SU-122 is only HEAT and that is a much bigger difference then 1 point in HE. ASU85 has one point more accuracy. I see ASU85 fielded in game, but I don´t see the SU-122.

Wut? Does the name of the gun matter? They both have AP 2 but is there still a difference in AP power or AP performance? What is only HEAT, it got AP 2 shouldn't a "only HEAT" weapon have AP 0 or am I missing something?

Also, I use recoilless rifle to ambush tanks with AP 6 unlike the AP 2 of an ASU, using an AP 2 weapon against tanks, wanting to get close with a short ranged 45kmh slow unit for the AP bonus, good luck.

And BTW how about you think about using ASU against most used NATO tanks which would be, oh yea Leos and Pattons.
Hey Ya

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Sat 26 May 2012 04:20

Orange wrote:Wut? Does the name of the gun matter? They both have AP 2 but is there still a difference in AP power or AP performance? What is only HEAT, it got AP 2 shouldn't a "only HEAT" weapon have AP 0 or am I missing something?

HEAT = High Explosive Anti Tank. i.e. AT missiles are all HEAT, as are all the infantry LAW's. It's a shaped charge that blasts a hole into an object. The difference is that the SU-122-54 doesn't get an AP boost the closer to a target it gets, but the ASU-85 does.
That said, the point you make is quite valid; the vehicle's slow speed rather precludes it from really making use of the fact it's using a kinetic penetrator.
Last edited by Xeno426 on Sat 26 May 2012 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

ikalugin
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby ikalugin » Sat 26 May 2012 04:37

Xeno426 wrote:
Orange wrote:Wut? Does the name of the gun matter? They both have AP 2 but is there still a difference in AP power or AP performance? What is only HEAT, it got AP 2 shouldn't a "only HEAT" weapon have AP 0 or am I missing something?

HEAT = High Explosive Anti Tank. i.e. AT missiles are all HEAT, as are all the infantry LAW's. It's a shaped charge that blasts a whole into an object. The difference is that the SU-122-54 doesn't get an AP boost the closer to a target it gets, but the ASU-85 does.
That said, the point you make is quite valid; the vehicle's slow speed rather precludes it from really making use of the fact it's using a kinetic penetrator.

I think there is a need for the paradrops of certain equipment such as BMD and ASU 85.
Spoiler : :
We need more missilez code for the missilez god.
Praslovan:
"Tactical Ikalugin inbound on this position in 10... 9..."

Orange
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Orange » Sat 26 May 2012 05:19

Xeno426 wrote:

HEAT = High Explosive Anti Tank. i.e. AT missiles are all HEAT, as are all the infantry LAW's. It's a shaped charge that blasts a hole into an object. The difference is that the SU-122-54 doesn't get an AP boost the closer to a target it gets, but the ASU-85 does.

Thanks for explaining that, I was thinking all weapons which have an AP value would get that close range boost. Well I learned something new which is nice :)
Hey Ya

Return to “Wargame : European Escalation”