One Deck to fight them all

Gonztah
Sergeant

Re: One Deck to fight them all

Postby Gonztah » Tue 10 Apr 2018 12:15

Could probably replace the UH-1C with a cheaper Cobra, maybe ditch the cav. scouts in favor of an LAV and possibly get more CVs instead of two FOBs but I've had fun using this deck. And I guess the M901 is kinda redundant with how many Bradleys are in this deck :D
Attachments
20180408193205_1.jpg
20180408193205_1.jpg (466.06 KiB) Viewed 191 times

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Tue 10 Apr 2018 16:36

Gonztah wrote:Could probably replace the UH-1C with a cheaper Cobra, maybe ditch the cav. scouts in favor of an LAV and possibly get more CVs instead of two FOBs but I've had fun using this deck. And I guess the M901 is kinda redundant with how many Bradleys are in this deck :D

heres my suggestions
Ditch mM90a1, remember that your m2a2 bradley can be veteran and are cheaper.
use those AP to get riflemen in cheap 5pt transport in forest cannon fodders
drop that riflemen in m2a1 bradley to also another riflemen 90 in 5pt transport, vetted.
drop a card of m1IP, you want to play your advantages, so get more infantry/ifv, not tanks.
do ditch cav scout for LAV transport, you need cheap fast recon.
ditch m3a1 bradley, for something else, try to get an anti tank plane or bomber
you don't need that much supply. You aren't a heavy artillery deck, drop the fob or even the chinook too for a CV tank.
Drop one stinger C inf to 5pt transport, i doubt you ALWAYS need bradley.
take delta force elite, and if possible(i doubt it) in cheaper transport. you aren't going to use a lot of them when they are that costly, might as well make them better.

for the m110a2, iirc, you can take it 3 per card, right? Do it, you rather have more quantity than quality in this case. You want it to be more burst damage, not a bit more accurate.
I suggest you drop the Pivads for more chaparral and hardened them, so 3x2, you have a lot of stinger C for short range AA anyways.

Comvat- take more CEV vetted. I find comvat super niche, and a lot of time, your bradley can do just as well and can bust tanks while at it.

I am not sure if USA/Norad Mech is good anymore, sicne it relies tow 2 a lot and people are smoking a lot nowadays...
Of Salt

Booster
Corporal

Postby Booster » Mon 16 Apr 2018 16:53

20180416173524_1.jpg
20180416173524_1.jpg (225.43 KiB) Viewed 103 times

I know this is cancerous deck but I don't using planes and helos because often it's a one way units and not so cost effective as artillary.
This deck is oriented to killing infantry mostly but can deal with heavy tanks.
The weak point of this deck is: no units for helos interception at the long range (only expensive Su-25T) and there a few Buks which easily can be jammed by a SEAD planes.
For the recon I using infantry because of its price, optic, stealth == survivability and lack of infantry with good AT.

Can you give me some advices?

James-Bond
Master Sergeant

Postby James-Bond » Tue 17 Apr 2018 00:42

@Booster
How have your games been when you have been using that deck?
Just noting my russian deck looks completely different ( doesn't mean im right, just a different playstyle)

I'm just going to guess Good Air players can be annoying? And helicopters prevent you from pushing.

1st think I think you could do is drop the BMP-685 from your tank tab as you have similar units on the vehicle tab
This would also free up 3 points for you deck, so you could select 2 cards of helicopters

2nd support tab swap the zu-23 for thr mtlb IR AA unit. For an effective yet cheap AA

3rd is both MRLS needed? Which ever one you find less useful Id swap it with a Tungska so you can have a long Range anti-heli unit.

4th. Although the MiG is cool. You already have a deadly anti-armour. Think Air supority is more important. Think you can get 2x Yak at veteran experience will be more effective at air engagments.

5th BMPT is great unit surprised its not in yoour vehcile tab. Anti infantry monster.

6th. Tank tab? Think 3 very expensive is excessive. A compromise would be swap the T-80U for a T-80A still get the 2800m atgm, cheaper and more availability.

7th. 2 cards of spetsnaz seems like overkill especially since you have a large focus on anti inf vehicles too. I would swap it out for some MANPADS preferably and IGLA of some kind.

8th. Recon Inf change the transports. Would like one in a helicopter. Only one in that 5pt transport. Amy remaining to be in wheeled amphibious transports of your choice.

Hope some of this is helpful without changing your playstyle much.

Booster
Corporal

Postby Booster » Tue 17 Apr 2018 02:06

James-Bond wrote:How have your games been when you have been using that deck?

Not so well but I'm a new player, just learning, so for now I'm trying to realize what types of units I can use to deal with a various threats and not to overpay because I loose my units very often.
James-Bond wrote:I'm just going to guess Good Air players can be annoying? And helicopters prevent you from pushing.

Yes. If an opponent is using 2 SEAD planes with ATGM planes it's very problematic to deal with it and not to loose Buks. About helos - it's pretty good AA defense in a forest/city maps but in the open maps like Mud Fight helos can be a problem.
James-Bond wrote:1st think I think you could do is drop the BMP-685 from your tank tab as you have similar units on the vehicle tab
This would also free up 3 points for you deck, so you could select 2 cards of helicopters.

My helos are dying quickly so I trying not to use them as bombers. The BMP-685 is a good unit at its maximum range. It can deal with Marder 2 and the other low armored units... Don't know, maybe I'll try something else.
James-Bond wrote:2nd support tab swap the zu-23 for thr mtlb IR AA unit. For an effective yet cheap AA

Why I chose ZU-23 is because of its price, quantity, it can deal with infantry, has no radar and I can cover the whole map with it to deal with helo-rushes. And when I lost one of them I didn't care :D Paired with Buk is the good combination because Buk hits a target by 9 and ZU-23/Skrezhet need to hit only once to kill the plane.
James-Bond wrote:3rd is both MRLS needed? Which ever one you find less useful Id swap it with a Tungska so you can have a long Range anti-heli unit.

I use it both (Smerch and Uragan) to deal with tanks and infantry (Mig-29M is a last resort). I just aside of expensive Tunguska because I need to throw it close to the enemy and i can be killed easily.
James-Bond wrote:5th BMPT is great unit surprised its not in yoour vehcile tab. Anti infantry monster.
BMPT is good, but it often used in forest fight and it have a 15 armor and its cost is 60 against 4 (15pts) Su-122 with 4 HE and 1/1 machinegun. I have tried to use BTR-T- there are 2 of them with 2 squads of flamethrowers by 80pts but flamethrowers can't fight well and dying fast. BTR-T is good and can stand a 26 HEAT but cant fight in a city maps and dying fast against 2 squads of a good AT infantry so I replaced it with the Spetsnaz.
James-Bond wrote:6th. Tank tab? Think 3 very expensive is excessive. A compromise would be swap the T-80U for a T-80A still get the 2800m atgm, cheaper and more availability.
I thought about it. The reason I'm using an expensive tanks is they are exceed the low-price tanks at the distance. When you buying a medium-price tank you can encounter a high-price tank and can't deal with it or it can be destroyed by a few low-price tanks. So I decide to not to use medium tanks. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
James-Bond wrote:8th. Recon Inf change the transports. Would like one in a helicopter. Only one in that 5pt transport. Amy remaining to be in wheeled amphibious transports of your choice.
I'm using a MT-LB instead of BTRs because BTRs dying too fast under my control. :? And I thought to use Mi-8MTV as a transport for a Spetsnas if it needed. The overall purpose of Spetsnaz-GRU is to fight in the forest/city at the start of the game. The recon task of them is the last objective. For the long-range reconnaissance I using Spetsnaz-WMF. I tried to use a vehicles but they can be spotted and killed fast.

Maybe I'll try to use an alternative combination of units to make my deck work well. Thank you for the advices!

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby XanderTuron » Tue 17 Apr 2018 04:30

Booster wrote:...

Here are my two cents on a USSR general deck (take everything I say with a grain of salt). As well, you need to consider what you want to do with the deck and what size of game you want to use it in.

Logistics Tab: Your commands and the FOB are fine (you might want to take the Command Infantry in something like a Mi-8MTV or a Ka-29TB); for the logistics though, I would recommend swapping both cards for the 20 point supply truck. The MTP-LB just does not carry enough and supply helicopters are usually too awkward to use (though they can be useful depending on how far your FOB is away from the front line). Typically supply helicopters are easily spotted and cannot be hidden in forests so they often wind up getting sniped by artillery.

Infantry Tab: You are a little short on cheap grinding infantry (something that the USSR does not do particularly well to be fair). I would recommend dropping one card of Spetsnaz for either VDV '75 in a five pointer or maybe Motostelki in a five point transport or maybe even a BMP-3. I would also suggest dropping the other card of Spetsnaz for a Konkurs-M team in a BTR-70; Gornos '90 are fun, but they are expensive no matter what you bring them in and their ATGM lacks range which leaves them vulnerable to tanks and other such forms of fire support. As well, Spetsnaz (along with Li Jian '90) are a very awkward unit to use as while they wreck infantry, they are pretty much hard countered by a five point armoured box thanks to the fact that they have no AT weapon. That and elite infantry in general are fairly card inefficient as they have low availability.

Support Tab: The ZSU truck is pretty awful, the Strela-10M is an acceptable (if pretty mediocre) non radar AA piece. The Nona mortars are fairly over priced for what they are (especially with their low ammo counts) but are still decent choices, the vasilek mortar is a decent alternative. Running both the Smerch and the Uragan is going to be expensive both points wise and supply wise so you may want to drop one (probably the smerch, but it comes down to what you feel needs to be done) and either save the three AP for something else or take another AA piece such as the Tunguska (base Tunguska probably as the Tunguska-M is very expensive) that way you can get >2800 metre nonradar anti helicopter AA.

Tank Tab: Your tab is fairly top heavy so you may want to drop either one of the super heavies (The BU and UM) or the T-80U. In exchange you should probably take a ~100 point tank such as the T-80A, T-72B Obr. 1987 or even the T-72B1. Also, drop the BMP-685 as it is redundant.

Recon Tab: For the GRU, I would recommend getting one card in BTR-90s and one card in a Ural truck. VMF, like all 2-man sniper teams, are very situational so you may want to drop them, especially if you are already bringing a 5-man team. You should definitely bring a card of BRDM-3s are they are a very useful autocannon recon unit that is very effective at combat recon and flank security. As for recon helos, you may want to consider bringing the Ka-52, though it does tank a bit of effort to use it to its full capabilities and it is very expensive. While some people might find running less than a full Recon tab to be heresy, you might want to drop the Razvedka to free of the AP for something else.

Vehicle Tab: Drop the TO-55, flame vehicles are pretty meh; replace it with the BMPT. The SU-122-54 is a unit that I want to like, but its heydays are long over (If I recall correctly, it used to be ten points and I think that at some point it also had 5 HE) and it is probably not worth it anymore, so you are better off saving the AP for something else.

Helicopter Tab: What you do here depends on what you need; Ka-50 brings ATGMs (bad stabs though) and decent IR missiles, Mi-28 has better anti infantry with its okayish loadout of rockets and a more flexible AC. There is also the Mi-24VP which has a okayish ATGM load and a good rocket load with a decent auto cannon. Take one or two of your choice I guess, I am not too big into helicopters to be honest.

Plane Tab: Su-25T can be very powerful in the right circumstances, though you should drop the MiG-29M as it is just not very good at anything. You should bring a card of (upvetted) ASFs, the Yak-141 being a good choice; the Su-27PU is very powerful, though if you want to bring one, you should back it up with another card of fighters. For SEAD, for smaller games, the Su-24 is sufficient, in larger games, the MiG-25BM should be considered. The Su-24M is a decent carpet bomber that you may want to bring and after that, any planes that you might want to bring comes down to any other role you might need filled.

Remember, these are not hard and fast rules for USSR, just suggestions and preference.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

Booster
Corporal

Postby Booster » Tue 17 Apr 2018 08:03

XanderTuron wrote:...

Thank you! I'll think what I can do with it.

Sigirdiwarth
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Tue 17 Apr 2018 08:33

Why must ASU-85's cost 15 points :c
Attachments
20180417083109_1.jpg
20180417083109_1.jpg (405.27 KiB) Viewed 46 times

Markenzwieback
Captain

Postby Markenzwieback » Tue 17 Apr 2018 08:49

XanderTuron wrote:
Booster wrote:...

While some people might find running less than a full Recon tab to be heresy, you might want to drop the Razvedka to free of the AP for something else.

Don't forget Razvedka in Mi-8MTVs! 5-man recon infantry and a very good support chopper in a fairly well price package.

Sigirdiwarth
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Sigirdiwarth » Tue 17 Apr 2018 08:56

Why would you take razvedka when you already have a thousand spetsnaz and no recon vehicle though.