Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby Nerdfish » Tue 15 May 2018 06:19

As title says. Can we replace the Gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 if we ever get another patch for RD ?
- Change name to Super Lynx, moved to recon tab
- Optics to exceptional, Stealth, HP and speed unchanged.
- Categories unchanged, year changed to 1991
- ATGM payload changed to Tow-2 and MANPAD payload unchanged
- Cost changed to 100

The reasons:
1. Gazelle is French :lol:
2. The sneb is also French and have trouble killing a single infantry squad. very rarely does anyone use this variant.
2. The super lynx can be equipped with a surveillance radar
3. Commonwealth needs a prototype combat recon helicopter like everyone else.
This one does not have a gun or rockets, because flavour.
4. It won't be a longbow tier murder machine, because of the payload change it'd be similar to a tiger.
Only without stealth, have no Autocannon and cost less.

That's it.

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby captaincarnage » Tue 15 May 2018 22:35

Nerdfish wrote:As title says. Can we replace the Gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 if we ever get another patch for RD ?
- Change name to Super Lynx, moved to recon tab
- Optics to exceptional, Stealth, HP and speed unchanged.
- Categories unchanged, year changed to 1991
- ATGM payload changed to Tow-2 and MANPAD payload unchanged
- Cost changed to 100

The reasons:
1. Gazelle is French :lol:
2. The sneb is also French and have trouble killing a single infantry squad. very rarely does anyone use this variant.
2. The super lynx can be equipped with a surveillance radar
3. Commonwealth needs a prototype combat recon helicopter like everyone else.
This one does not have a gun or rockets, because flavour.
4. It won't be a longbow tier murder machine, because of the payload change it'd be similar to a tiger.
Only without stealth, have no Autocannon and cost less.

That's it.

1. Gazelle has been used by the British army for years so your point is irrelevant.
2. The issue is not the sneb but the number of snebs carried and again just because its French doesn't mean it wasn't used by the Brits ffs.
2. Exceptional optics combat recon is always bad value for money unless its a longbow
3. It really doesn't and there are plenty of coalitions/nations which also do not have this, it also doesn't solve any of the problems commonwealth actually has.
4. It would be completely pointless then.

If you want to make a sensible suggestion, here's one; change the 75 pt British Gazelle with exceptional optics into a 30 point Gazelle with good optics, boom the single largest hole in commonwealth is filled in the form of a cheap and fast recon helo for flank security and accompanying the existing Lynx 3 in spotting targets.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

XanderTuron
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu 10 Mar 2016 23:17
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby XanderTuron » Wed 16 May 2018 16:17

captaincarnage wrote:If you want to make a sensible suggestion, here's one; change the 75 pt British Gazelle with exceptional optics into a 30 point Gazelle with good optics, boom the single largest hole in commonwealth is filled in the form of a cheap and fast recon helo for flank security and accompanying the existing Lynx 3 in spotting targets.


I have always been fond of the idea of rerolling the Lynx AH7 20mm into a good optics recon helicopter myself.
My mouth is moving, but nothing relevant is coming out. Also I cannot guarantee that my research is perfect or even remotely accurate.

I have low quality Wargame Red Dragon casts on my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/XanderTuron

captaincarnage
Major
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:50
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby captaincarnage » Wed 16 May 2018 17:15

XanderTuron wrote:
I have always been fond of the idea of rerolling the Lynx AH7 20mm into a good optics recon helicopter myself.


That too would be a good change my only reluctance in suggesting it is on the grounds that it would probably incur a price nerf and the unit itself has its uses in the helo tab as it is, whereas the Commonwealth recon tab is awash with bad and or redundant units which to my mind makes it the first port of call when looking for re-rolls.
I hope your buratino's die screaming.

Fodder
Sergeant Major
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri 7 Oct 2016 20:15
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby Fodder » Wed 16 May 2018 17:53

+1
Need a Cat A recon helicopter

User avatar
Fade2Gray
General
Posts: 8650
Joined: Wed 1 May 2013 23:30
Location: IED proof in Iraq
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby Fade2Gray » Fri 18 May 2018 00:58

captaincarnage wrote:If you want to make a sensible suggestion...

Is that even possible for him...? He is one of those shitposters who is aspires to MILINT levelness.
Image
Image
Think you have what it takes to enlist into the military? You sure about that?

Nerdfish
Major
Posts: 1900
Joined: Thu 26 Jan 2012 22:12
Contact:

Re: Replace the gazelle sneb with Lynx 3 proto ?

Postby Nerdfish » Tue 22 May 2018 02:22

captaincarnage wrote:
XanderTuron wrote:
I have always been fond of the idea of rerolling the Lynx AH7 20mm into a good optics recon helicopter myself.


That too would be a good change my only reluctance in suggesting it is on the grounds that it would probably incur a price nerf and the unit itself has its uses in the helo tab as it is, whereas the Commonwealth recon tab is awash with bad and or redundant units which to my mind makes it the first port of call when looking for re-rolls.


QFT. the Lyx 20mm is probably the only useful unit in the commonwealth heli tab. :lol:
The bushranger is just so bloody random that it sometimes kills a T80U with one volley, and sometimes struggle to hit a truck.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests