vehicle recon playstyle suggestion

QUAD
Colonel

vehicle recon playstyle suggestion

Postby QUAD » Sun 19 Aug 2018 18:02

It’s known that 10 man shock and SF recon squads are preferable to 5 man recon, except Bedouins and Maglan because they are both deadly battlefield hunters.

When playing Eurocorps, I noticed that Hussards are an attractive choice over Commando Para because you can get more Puma Pirates and upgunned VABs for cheaper, while having more eyes on the field. This suits a sweeping vehicle based playstyle instead of a narrow front shock based playstyle.

I recommend 5 man recon teams for all nations receive access to certain recon tab light vehicles, as transport.

Examples:
-Hussards receive access to the VBL and VBL Mistral
-Cavalry Scouts recieve access to the CFV series and LAV-25 Scout as transports
-Danish recon team receives access to the Rover series and Vildkat
-Ravedska gains access to the BDRM-3
-Recce in the Coyote.
-And so on with similar relations in other decks.

I wish to support more varied styles for vehicles, infantry, aviation, etc.
thank you for reading ;)
Mobile Units Operational :!:

Fodder
Sergeant Major

Re: vehicle recon playstyle suggestion

Postby Fodder » Sun 19 Aug 2018 22:17

+1

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 26 Aug 2018 03:34

Interesting suggestion, could be used to rescue some hopeless decks.

Main issue could be that it messes up the deck system - you get two desirable recon units by using just one slot.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sun 2 Sep 2018 18:28

varis wrote:Interesting suggestion, could be used to rescue some hopeless decks.

Main issue could be that it messes up the deck system - you get two desirable recon units by using just one slot.

I see your logic. But I think if they were desirable, they would be used in games. Perhaps availability decrease?

varis
Brigadier

Postby varis » Sun 2 Sep 2018 23:57

QUAD wrote:I see your logic. But I think if they were desirable, they would be used in games. Perhaps availability decrease?

If the vehicle is 1/1 then the damage is limited. 2/2 would mean that you take the super vehicle with 2 different 5 man infantry. But it's still a boost to the deck. On the other hand these units would be best used in a motorized deck (+XP recon) and there you already have full slots available for recon so the boost to the deckbuilding is not that high (just saving points for not paying for crap vehicles).
TBH this idea seems a bit hard to work with because its application would be patchy, and/because you get into fairly complex considerations trying to implement it.

Radvezka and cavalry scouts are from major nations, hussards as well and is in Eurocorps - recce in turn is in NORAD which is also a strong coalition. Don't think any of those need bundling with charismatic recon vehicles. Hussards already gets a nice autocannon vehicle for 15pts - you could remove that unit from the 10 man commandos para instead perhaps?

I would be all for giving the rovers, vildkat AND cayuse to spejderne! I guess scandi is nowhere near as popular as it once was, and also the landjut coalition sounds like it isn't used that much in the meta as people initially thought it would be. On top of that the Danish recon units are hardly anything to really stand out, just well on par with the competition for the best vehicles and I can't recall a single thread complaining about OP spejderne. TBH I can see various reasons not to take them into my deck as it is currently - even the vehicle selection is pretty bad. Availability 2/2 or whatever, moto decks with Denmark could cram in hilarious amounts of stuff, but the real limitations are elsewhere.

It's sad that red dragons have very limited rec infantry available. The only 2 man team is North Korean and nothing can be done because Eugen introduced the silly ... wait Sovkor is no more :?: :o :o :o so just Entente remains the red enfant terrible nowadays?

Give jeeps, helis, BRDM and PT-76 to jeongchaldae. After all they're special forces so they should have access to any and all equipment required by the mission.

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Mon 10 Sep 2018 00:44

varis wrote:
QUAD wrote:I see your logic. But I think if they were desirable, they would be used in games. Perhaps availability decrease?

If the vehicle is 1/1 then the damage is limited. 2/2 would mean that you take the super vehicle with 2 different 5 man infantry. But it's still a boost to the deck. On the other hand these units would be best used in a motorized deck (+XP recon) and there you already have full slots available for recon so the boost to the deckbuilding is not that high (just saving points for not paying for crap vehicles).
TBH this idea seems a bit hard to work with because its application would be patchy, and/because you get into fairly complex considerations trying to implement it.

Radvezka and cavalry scouts are from major nations, hussards as well and is in Eurocorps - recce in turn is in NORAD which is also a strong coalition. Don't think any of those need bundling with charismatic recon vehicles. Hussards already gets a nice autocannon vehicle for 15pts - you could remove that unit from the 10 man commandos para instead perhaps?

I would be all for giving the rovers, vildkat AND cayuse to spejderne! I guess scandi is nowhere near as popular as it once was, and also the landjut coalition sounds like it isn't used that much in the meta as people initially thought it would be. On top of that the Danish recon units are hardly anything to really stand out, just well on par with the competition for the best vehicles and I can't recall a single thread complaining about OP spejderne. TBH I can see various reasons not to take them into my deck as it is currently - even the vehicle selection is pretty bad. Availability 2/2 or whatever, moto decks with Denmark could cram in hilarious amounts of stuff, but the real limitations are elsewhere.

It's sad that red dragons have very limited rec infantry available. The only 2 man team is North Korean and nothing can be done because Eugen introduced the silly ... wait Sovkor is no more :?: :o :o :o so just Entente remains the red enfant terrible nowadays?

Give jeeps, helis, BRDM and PT-76 to jeongchaldae. After all they're special forces so they should have access to any and all equipment required by the mission.

I understand completely handling it on a unit and coalition basis, it could be very fun for minors! Just happy my concept was at least looked at, and not bombed. :lol: