Am I Alone in my serious dislike of WGRD but love for WGALB

Ivan
Corporal

Am I Alone in my serious dislike of WGRD but love for WGALB

Postby Ivan » Sun 1 Sep 2019 23:32

Not sure what it is I have poured countless hours in to WGRD tried my hardest but there is just something about it.
It is certainly not a better game.
It is the same game in some respects but hastily bashed into release.
For me even the cursor and interface is buggy the maps awkward and also just hard to look at.
The inclusion of naval units is wasted due to the tiny choke point coast lines.
Oh god why did this horrid game come along.
If a developer really wanted to crack this they should stay in the cold war and make the original war game expandable from the base game.
why the hell have they divided up everyone.
also what is this obsession with WW2 it is so limited and boring its war game with men and tanks nothing else ?
There should be a google earth type globe map showing live updates what parts of the earth are currently pact and nato with the player base deciding whom to fight for to effect the out come of the end game.
naval battle take place on maps much larger than water world that can then allow land players access from the servers to land fora conventional battle.
war game could be the KING for ever if it had live global campagin servers each hosting 100 players

chykka
Brigadier

Re: Am I Alone in my serious dislike of WGRD but love for WGALB

Postby chykka » Thu 5 Sep 2019 04:55

ALB did lots of things better.
Also, much more map Nostalgia. RD has more maps. but fewer I'd miss.

ardi223
Master Sergeant

Postby ardi223 » Sun 1 Dec 2019 21:08

yes you are alone.
I want Lena Katina :mrgreen: :D 8-)

molnibalage
General

Postby molnibalage » Wed 4 Dec 2019 13:28

Nope, you are not alone.

chykka wrote:ALB did lots of things better.
Also, much more map Nostalgia. RD has more maps. but fewer I'd miss.

Yes, ALB did many things better. IMHO a part of feature and of course DB fixed and upgrades were needed for ALB but RD mostly destroyed what achieved the ALB.

What are missing from ALB?
  • LOG chain
  • amphibious modeling,
  • INF CV
  • fixing the close dist, restricted APC/IFV,
  • killing the truck transport and suicide recon.
  • AP vs AV mechanics to avoid being killed by an IFV even the AP is much below the AV of the target.
  • loadouts of airplanes as well as their fuel an TOT time also had to be fixed
  • and of course small balance adjustments
  • Also the arty dispersion also should be distant dependent. The fix dispersion of tube arty is simply silly.
  • mortars were useless
  • making more effective the AAA. It was simply useless in ALB.
That is all. The mid 70-late 80s Cold War era far better was suited the game.

• The unicorn units of RD and tons of other changes just ruined the gameplay. Comparing to ALB recon units are simply blind which makes the game ever more gambling.
  • Allowing seeing the stats of players simply ruined the game. Stacking makes simply unplayable the game.
  • The deck and veterancy system of ALB simply outclassed the RD's. Decks were all category were common while in RD 99,99% of games is cat A. It is boring as hell.
  • Cluster arty? Are you fucking kidding me? During ALB era one of the "never happen" on the list was cluster arty. It is toxic even today. While nerfing the CBU as bombs simply eradicated these kind of platforms...
  • In ALB the best tanks were not so distant from other tanks. Even T-80U or Leo2A4 could be killed with more older tanks which were far more cheaper but with elite XP they were quite resistant to morale dmg.
  • In RD only the heavy mortar is usable and top tier tube arty. Every other older arty has 30 sec aim time while A cat top tier only 10. There is no gap between there. This is one of the biggest LOL in RD. In ALB was always one of the strongest consideration which should be used more 105 or 122 mm or 152/155. In ALB arty was rather a tool of suppression and only against very lightly armored units and inf was good for killing
  • Helos now can use their weapons not only during hovering but the range of SAMs vs ATGMs is simply silly. A 8 km range 2K22M has 3325 m in RD while 8 km range AGM-114 has 2800. Are you fucking kidding me? Same case for TOW. 2625 m range for a 4.2 km range weapon while the 2-2.5 range AAA the range is 2800 m in RD.
    The combat and any helo simply would be much rare but not so easily killed stuff. 1-2/card AH-64 and similar stuff and set real range ratio or at least least advantage where the case it is in RL.
  • NAVY was bad since the beginning. It could be made a bit more to make less immune against other weapon than ASM but Eugen simply crap on this. As well on other tons of thing...

I quite from WG universe with playing ALB not with RD...

phorymel
Private

Postby phorymel » Mon 9 Dec 2019 11:40

Forgive me, but I still don't understand, did you like that games or not :lol:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”