Fine-tuning NK/China

DarkJakkaru
Private First-Class

Re: Fine-tuning NK/China

Postby DarkJakkaru » Wed 20 Oct 2021 19:35

- ZTS-63-I and Su-76M both have medium optics, which is unwarranted due to introdate.

I believe "medium" optics follows your trusty mark I eyeball that most infantry units have equipped. This would be fine for at least any open topped Tank Destroyers like the Su-76M but not enclosed vehicles like the ZTS-63-I which should be reduced. Also, I double checked Steel Division '44 and Eugen did logically replicate that over but called it "Normal" optics which both regular Infantry units and open topped fire support vehicles have.

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Sat 23 Oct 2021 13:30

DarkJakkaru wrote:I believe "medium" optics follows your trusty mark I eyeball that most infantry units have equipped. This would be fine for at least any open topped Tank Destroyers like the Su-76M but not enclosed vehicles like the ZTS-63-I which should be reduced. Also, I double checked Steel Division '44 and Eugen did logically replicate that over but called it "Normal" optics which both regular Infantry units and open topped fire support vehicles have.

Iirc medium optics on AFV and similar are given out by two indicators: Thermal sights or introdate after 1985. While it sounds plausible for open topped vehicles to get better optics, but compared to the criteria of thermals i doubt any eyeballing can have the same effect.

Anyway these two vehicles are the remnant of the large optics rebalance many years ago. I never bothered to point those out as they were inconsequential, but may as well now.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

keldon
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby keldon » Mon 1 Nov 2021 15:00

Added the folowing to the inconsistency segment:

- ZTZ-59IIA (1986) should have 2275m gun range due to eugen's rule of post 1985 105mm gun getting full range (This is also consistent with all vanilla units excluding DLC magic, most notably this is the reason why M1IP gets cucked)
- NK type-73 lmg is using full power catridges IRL (7,62x54R), it should have 875m ground range like most fullpower ammo guns.
> Sources for tuning Red Dragons --- Sources for tuning Blue Dragons <
亲们!大国梦哦!
小钱钱,真心甜,鼓钱包,放腰间,大国梦,早日圆 。啷个哩个啷♪

youzhe
Staff Sergeant

Postby youzhe » Fri 19 Nov 2021 15:16

keldon wrote:Thread updated with round 6 suggestions.

Looks like a good idea.
But I don't think the Eugen will put more energy into it :(
I don't mind another DLC,But we should not expect too much.

Maybe I will make a new list,new information has been collected over the years.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”