Chinese Units in Wargame Red Dragon

icehawk308
Major

Re: Chinese Units in Wargame Red Dragon

Postby icehawk308 » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:28

Honestly I have NO IDEA why Eugen doesnt do a paid unit pack. God knows we love their work and to see even half the stuff everyone is asking for in the respective National threads would be a godsend to use, for an easy price of $X9.95 :mrgreen:

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:32

Because they would be accused of Pay2Win scheme as well as fracturing the MP community among those who buy the DLC and those who doesn't ?

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:42

Great China wrote:WHAT HAVE U DONE?

What I have done? For example, I was pointing out China´s lack of airborne and infantry AT power, the obsoleteness of 4 IR fighters, the redicilous price of the Z-9 HJ-8 and the comparedly low availability of the Su-27SK since the CBT. I of course don´t know if/how much my personal feedback influenced Eugen´s decicions, but I have certainly tried to make China a more enjoyable faction in RD.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:43

Mr0Buggy wrote:Because they would be accused of Pay2Win scheme as well as fracturing the MP community among those who buy the DLC and those who doesn't ?

+1

Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:51

I still think skin packs would be nice.

*pactiantly waits for pretty pink T-34's*

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Sun 6 Apr 2014 15:51

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Mr0Buggy wrote:Because they would be accused of Pay2Win scheme as well as fracturing the MP community among those who buy the DLC and those who doesn't ?

+1

Oh humble humble Eugen. :roll: I love you but your lack of hubris is killing our dream unit dreams :D I want to give you $$ but you wont let me :D At least I hope you guys have have done your customer profiling to make sure your not missing out on a market segment.

Or at least support, help with modding/ mod tools would be nice. Little worried that your taking a break from Wargame series post Red Dragon

(apologies if its a lil off topic)

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Sun 6 Apr 2014 16:11

Historically it was inferior to the Crotale so I don't want a stats buff

Historically the HQ-7 is the most capable and the mainstay mobile AirDefence during THAT timeframe.
It would serve the PLA well to make it a medium radar sam with high accuracy,to be honest,3500m range is the minimal for a Sam to be effective.
I wouldn't mind to see it happen seeing that PLA already has an decent capability for dealing with helicopters,but whether it is worth it to trade ability in Anti-helicopter to anti-aircraft is up to debate.

Spoiler : :
Or PLA can get the LY-60,KS-1 or Tor :mrgreen: to compensate,the latter been bought from Russia in 1994.

cramble
Master Sergeant

Postby cramble » Sun 6 Apr 2014 16:35

Heey i really love the Chinees faction only i miss some things.
Why do the marine infantry LU Zhandui90 have no access to the WZ-551 transport sins it is a marine vehicle??
Also the chinees have very limited shock infantry.

And why only infantry recon and the Li Jian infantry come in Z-9A choppers isnt this ah chopper that the chinees use for there military allot??

This is just things that i noticed im not a expert in chinees military in any way.
I would like to know what other people think about this ;)

For the rest china is very good and nice to play with.
''Our scars have the power to remind us that the past was real. We live in a primitive time, don't we? Neither savage nor wise. Half measures are the curse of it.''

moder1
Sergeant First-Class

Postby moder1 » Sun 6 Apr 2014 16:57

[EUG]MadMat wrote:

+1

That is true. But if there is two choices here.
A: There wont be any new models for new unit such as PLZ-45 & WS-1. The game will never show you a true PLA in 1991~1995.
B: There will be new models for new unit. But the DLC is not for free.

I will choose B for sure.

And the game you call Act of Agression. I dont think its gonna benefit you more than new wargame.

k0m1ssar
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby k0m1ssar » Sun 6 Apr 2014 17:32

Breadbox wrote:
Historically it was inferior to the Crotale so I don't want a stats buff

Historically the HQ-7 is the most capable and the mainstay mobile AirDefence during THAT timeframe.
It would serve the PLA well to make it a medium radar sam with high accuracy,to be honest,3500m range is the minimal for a Sam to be effective.
I wouldn't mind to see it happen seeing that PLA already has an decent capability for dealing with helicopters,but whether it is worth it to trade ability in Anti-helicopter to anti-aircraft is up to debate.

Spoiler : :
Or PLA can get the LY-60,KS-1 or Tor :mrgreen: to compensate,the latter been bought from Russia in 1994.

This. Unless the HQ-7 gets to extremely high veterancy, it simply cannot hit planes very reliably.

Also I would like to know what's Eugen's reason to limit Crotale/HQ-7's anti-plane range below 3000m: I think it should be at least on par with Roland 2. Currently Red Dragons rely too heavily on MANPADS, with the occasional money shots thrown in by S-125. And without HN-5C truck, the ADN mobility is quite limited.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”