I finally got my hand on the Red Dragon beta, and i played it three days straight.
I had a bunch of remarks, but then i noticed that Leon026 had already posted most of them. So i am shamelessly stealing his work :
Some bizarre things I noticed -
1. Why are Commando-Marine a 15-man super-SF unit? Shouldn't this role be undertaken by the 1e RPIMa rather than the more discrete/navy-operations Commando Marine? An option would be to swap the Commando Marine with Commando Para models?
Strongly agree. Commando Marine and Commando Para roles should be swapped. Commando para should be renamed RPIMa.
2. 1990s RIMa in Panthers - Panthers are the Navy, and the Troupes de Marines are army. RIMa are usually airlifted by Pumas.
Strongly agree. Commando-Marine should be restricted to Panthers. And it would be nice to have an unarmed Panther without the availability reduction for the Commando-Marine.
3. 1990s Legion in kepi blanc - another sore subject : /
Agree. Either green beret or Bigeard cap would be fine.
6. Rafale C F1 - The canopy seems a little... big?
Agree, plus the canards shouldn't be canted, they should be level. Also, and more important in my eyes, there should be a second card of Rafales, only available in the naval arm. If possible, remove one MICAs from this model and apply a Marine skin. If this is not possible, simply make the current Rafale available for the Naval specialization.
Also, in no particular order :
- If the La Fayette gets "Medium" stealth, maybe the Kongo should be upgraded to at least "Poor".
- RIMa and Legion being both shock troops, shouldn't they have the same FAMAS stats ? (maybe with a price increase for the RIMAs). Currently the RIMas do not "feel" like shock troops.
- With the CAESAR and the Crotale, the new support section is a-we-some !
- Love that they took the time to include the AMX-13 VTT. FRANCE STRONK.
Two things i regret (i won't talk about the sad state of navies, that's another subject) :
- No Mirage 2000-based bomber,
- The fusion of Para and Airmobile specialization, and the disappearance of the transport trucks. I had a lot of fun playing with the Para specialization in ALB, and never used the Airmobile. Sometimes you don't want to take helicopters. Why not restrict the trucks to the new Airmobile specialization, and nerf them to 5 points (except for the amphibious ones, that should stay at 10) ?
- Why the Era restrictions do not apply to the Naval branch ?
- Why the specializations do not apply to the ground units available in the Naval branch ? I feel like the ground units available there should be restricted to the chosen specialization, with the addition of units available for the naval specialization.
- Why aren't the RIMas available with the Motorized specialization ?