this thread is meant to list some suggestions for the West German army, the Bundeswehr, in Red-Dragon.
Over all I'd love to see more love for the Wiesels since they are unfortunately a totally unseen unit in ALB ATM, IRL the are a common vehicle. Please give us them at least for Mechanized decks ass well, not armored tho.
I will split the list it in the in game categories:
Since I'm not sure if the MD-Jupiter is a bit too old for the frame, there would be the option to use 2 Different versions of the MAN gl:
- LKW 5 t mil gl KAT I - as a small supply truck
- LKW 10 t mil gl KAT I - as a big supply truck
- Wiesel 2 bewBefSt - Command vehicle
- Marder 1A4 - Command vehicle
While the Cv's are more or less okay as they are, I would love to have a "low end" tank cv with 2 availability per card, and a high end tank cv with of course 1. Since I can't find good sources for that, its might rely as a dream.
- Fliegerfaust 2 - "Stinger" teams
- Fallschirmjäger als elite Infantry with Panzerfaust 3 RPG and G36 assault rifle (maybe prototype but it would fit in the timeframe)
Stinger - Offical German Heer website stating that first licence production started 1989 and first delivery 1992
G36 was accepted in 1995
Panzerfaust 3 first delivery 1992
Fallschirmjäger are spec ops infantry
- Marder Roland 3;
- Wiesel 2 Ozelot (FlaRaWaTrg); It is capable of firing Stinger, Rbs 70, Mistral and Igla rockets (Prototype since 1996 first usage)
- Wiesel lePzMrs Mortar system
Nice video of Wiesel lePzMrs in action.
- Raketenwerfer MARS (m270 MLRS; Germany bought 150 pieces in 1990)
- Pzh2000 (Heavy tube artillery, IF then prototype, first delivery in 1998
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wiesel_AWC - Not so much details, german wiki has a own site for the ocelot
- Leopard 2A5 KWS II; first production model left factories in 1995; featuring: L55 Main gun, additional Turret amour, a improved periscope for the commander with thermal vision including the option to select the next target for the gunner while he is still engaging. Note that the KWS II variant is just the upgrade of older Leopard 2 variant with all 2A5 features while the new produced Leopard 2A5 left factories in 1998
- Leopard 1A6 VT-1/2 with L44 120mm smoothboore gun as prototype.
- Radpanzer 90 (a bit like the french AMX-10 RC)
- Wiesel 2 AFF (No its not only a fire control system)
- Gebirgsjäger as combat recon infantry (10 man special forces team) with Panzerfaust 3
Sources: Gebirgsjäger For Wiesel see bottom of post.
- Marder 2 IFV Prototype, better amoured, highly mobile, Stabilized 35 mm Autocannon with modern Fire Control System
- VT1-2 Prototype which is pretty much a Chimera with 2 120mm l44 smoothboore guns, less amoured (Kpz 70 basis) but with 50 hp/ton (Leopard 2 has ~27 hp/ton) so very fast.
- Begleitpanzer 57 AIFSV a very interresting prototype with a 57mm autocannon and a TOW/TOW 2/HOT launcher
- Eurocopter Tiger as prototype, first flight in 1991 note that the German variant has the OSIRIS optics like the recon kiowa variants have.
Sources: Wiesel family
To be continued - additions are very appreciated, esspecialy in Planes and ships.
I know that there is some stuff included which is maybe questionable, but as long as there are thing like the BMPT and Chimera, I feel free to introduce and ask for them.