[RD] Unit of the Day

CantRushThis
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: [RD] Unit of the Day

Postby CantRushThis » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:16

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
CantRushThis wrote:Any reason as to why?

So, where's the "give us more freedom" speech?

There are people out there having more fun trying to recreate non-incuded armies (Spain, Belgium, Singapore, Holland, Vietnam, ...) with mixed decks, so there is no reason to remove this opportunity from them ...

Okay, I can understand that.
But still, I can only hope/assume that newer Prototypes will be made way more powerful and deck specializations/national/coalitions be given additional advantages so mixed won't be the be-all end-all solution it's now?
Something like a German Deck getting more Leo2s (even those that aren't prototyped) than a mixed deck would? So you'd actually have to make choices - mixed would still be available to guys that want to go nuts with fun decks like the M113-decks et. al. but Nationals/Coalitions would be where it's at "competitively" ?

shuai-jan
Lieutenant

Postby shuai-jan » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:18

Mikeboy wrote:lobby option to exclude them

and maybe excluded in ranked, so we can create mixed decks, but you don't have to consider them in balancing.

If anyone complains about mixed decks, just tell them there is a lobby option.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:21

CantRushThis wrote: deck specializations/national/coalitions be given additional advantages so mixed won't be the be-all end-all solution it's now?
Something like a German Deck getting more Leo2s (even those that aren't prototyped) than a mixed deck would?

That is why they already have more activation points.

CantRushThis
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby CantRushThis » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:36

ch3cooh wrote:
CantRushThis wrote: deck specializations/national/coalitions be given additional advantages so mixed won't be the be-all end-all solution it's now?
Something like a German Deck getting more Leo2s (even those that aren't prototyped) than a mixed deck would?

That is why they already have more activation points.

I know. But that doesn't do them a lot of good when often all they can do is spend those on inferior units when better ones would be available to mixed. The prototype PAH for Worst Germany comes to mind, a spot which could be better filled by Seahawks.
A bonus would be to hand out more of your really good stuff instead of just allowing you to add more filler.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:40

German Deck is nice, you can spend the additional points on all those Leos, still get Gepards and Roland.
Just missing Interceptors and fast Clusters.
Tornado IDS is really good of course. Thx to Eugen for that, even if it doesn't exist in rl btw.
Last edited by ch3cooh on Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:41, edited 1 time in total.

Medan
Warrant Officer

Postby Medan » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:41

ch3cooh wrote:That is why they already have more activation points.

That's not how it currently works... having more activation points doesn't give specific nations more strength relative to the ability to min/max individual units from each nation.

wekwek_noob
Lieutenant

Postby wekwek_noob » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:49

Korochun wrote:I do love MSTA-S, and in fact I run a pair in my mechanized Cat A, but spending two support slots on two arty units when I could be running twice the number of Paladins is patent nonsense. And neither the Paladin nor the MSTA-S eat nearly as much ammo as the SVK, in my experience. Plus they can graze off of an FOB much longer in the initial stages of engagement before deploying to the front.

And yes, I love the stuff USSR is getting about as much as I dig the new Leopard, minus multirole planes, because USSR multi roles are godawful in ALB (Mig29 anyone? Medium ECM, 170 points, 4 MRAAMs, four clusters?) and this trend will probably continue. I still hope we see 80u and things like Shilkas/arty with far greater availability.

Mig-29M/Ss were once great planes. Until the cluster nerf and the availability nerf.

Korochun
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Korochun » Fri 10 Jan 2014 16:54

wekwek_noob wrote:
Mig-29M/Ss were once great planes. Until the cluster nerf and the availability nerf.

Likewise 80u -- until ATGM/availability nerf.

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:01

Cluster nerf was the best nerf that ever happened.
Top Tier tanks should be fought with ATGM planes, nothing else.
Except for the GAU-8 of the A-10, that thing should be stronger.

Korochun
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Korochun » Fri 10 Jan 2014 17:04

ch3cooh wrote:Cluster nerf was the best nerf that ever happened.
Top Tier tanks should be fought with ATGM planes, nothing else.
Except for the GAU-8 of the A-10, that thing should be stronger.

I'll be sure to tell my Aardvark pilots to remind PACT heavies they just casually one-shot that really, the cluster nerf was for their benefit the next time I send them on a run.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”