Heavy armaments infantry

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Heavy armaments infantry

Postby orcbuster » Mon 21 Oct 2013 11:42

difference between HMG and AGL is ammo weight. it just about evens out that difference.
Viker for ingen!

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Mon 21 Oct 2013 11:50

We have 5-men team which carries the weapon with some ammo. Ingame they should have just two weapons - some sort of AKSU smg and their primary AGS/KPV. They are arriving to the battlefield on wheels(or tracks), as eugen motorization policy tells us. So they could carry their stuff to the house where they've unloaded. I do not think they could easily go on large distances, so their speed could be near 8kmh, to simulate their rest breaks.
If you were talking about 2-men team, then i agree, they wouldn't be able to carry such system.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Mon 21 Oct 2013 11:57

Elukka wrote:And an RBS-70 system weighs 87 kg, per wiki. :P

I feel it could be interesting. It wouldn't really need any new mechanics and properly thought out it might add quite a bit to infantry combat.

But it is split between 2-3 men.
In Singapore IIRC 2 men can operate
1st guy- stand/ commander
2nd guy- sight
3rd guy- missiles
then less than 30 seconds the whole thing can be assembled, stand-sight-missile go.

Mopsidae
Master Sergeant

Postby Mopsidae » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:12

This is probably the best idea i've read in all the months i've been reading these forums. Can't emphasize that point enough. I just want to write a seventy paragraph post sperging out about how great it would be.
Add http://steamcommunity.com/id/simt if you'd like to get mad at video games with me!

Raymond Saint
Lieutenant

Postby Raymond Saint » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:18

T-80U wrote:I do not think they could easily go on large distances, so their speed could be near 8kmh

Why is that so? I think 13-15kmh would be perfectly fine.

Mopsidae
Master Sergeant

Postby Mopsidae » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:19

Raymond Saint wrote:
T-80U wrote:I do not think they could easily go on large distances, so their speed could be near 8kmh

Make them move at the same speed as MANPADs teams. Typically the same general weight, same number of men (two to five), same awkward size/components/setup time.
Add http://steamcommunity.com/id/simt if you'd like to get mad at video games with me!

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:25

Raymond Saint wrote:

That's really a balance issue. For RD beta ( :D ) they sould make it any value and watch it being used.

D10D
Private First-Class

Postby D10D » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:49

Absolutely agree, there should be heavy weapons squads, but this brings up another problem - too much types of infantry. For example, USSR can provide VDV, morskaya pehota and motostrelki as a base squad for heavy weapons team. It means, that introducing SPG and AGS results in 6 new infantry types. I believe, that time for customizable loadouts has came. It allows players to customize their tactics not only in terms of infantry, but also in terms of planes and light vechiles. You want Humvee with minigun as transport and you get it. You like playing DDR but lack napalm bombers - not a problem anymore. So, I believe Eugens will hear this call, and implement this feature in DR.

rattusxrattus
First Sergeant

Postby rattusxrattus » Mon 21 Oct 2013 12:58

orcbuster wrote:The heaviest mobile MG in the game is the MG-3
it weighs around 12 kg

AGS - 18 kg
Milan - 37,2 kg complex
KonKurs - 22 kg complex (14,2 kg missle)

RedWarning
Command Sergeant Major

Postby RedWarning » Mon 21 Oct 2013 13:09

We had a discussion about this in the Swedish Red Dragon DLC units thread. Apparently Kustjägare had a tendency to carry a 90 kg grenade launcher, otherwise located on their Combat Boat 90, with them when the need arose.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”