Norway DLC units

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Norway DLC units

Postby orcbuster » Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:38

T80U = tankbankai wrote:
orcbuster wrote:with the 40% bonus The increased number of hardened NOAHs for Norway national decks somewhat aleviates the RBS-70 weaknesses but yeah, we do need an intermediate range AA unit. RBS-70 Mk.II and the NASAMS would be welcome additions.

Isn't NASAMS pretty much confirmed anyway?

Nope, Nothing has been confirmed
Viker for ingen!

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Mon 24 Mar 2014 12:44

orcbuster wrote:
T80U = tankbankai wrote:
orcbuster wrote:with the 40% bonus The increased number of hardened NOAHs for Norway national decks somewhat aleviates the RBS-70 weaknesses but yeah, we do need an intermediate range AA unit. RBS-70 Mk.II and the NASAMS would be welcome additions.

Isn't NASAMS pretty much confirmed anyway?

Nope, Nothing has been confirmed

It FEELS like its confirmed. Its a unit that I think Eugen wouldn't pass up.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

Prettyhill
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Prettyhill » Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:17

CV9030NO is mentioned on the frontpage, and i would like to bump it for some attention, as it tops my wishlist. It is arguably in timeframe for prototypes. The mid 90's delivieries (only two years after the swedish) suggests that the CV90 was kept an eye on is its late 80's development. It have a clear cold war heritage. Up until 2003\2004 the norwegian army still geared towards a preceived cold war threat composition. When I did my term in 02\03, every manouver excersise had the following scenario "a highly mechanized enemy with air superiority is advancing from the north combined with airborne insertions". We almost exclusively trained on mobile defense in narrow terrain. We can safely assume that CV9030NO was acquired to primarily serve in a cold war-type scenario, and not in post cold war scenarios in afghanistan and kosovo.

Bushmaster II with anti air capability
The norwegian CV9030NO is armed with Bushmaster II 30mm, with 2 ammunition channels containing a total of 400 ready rounds, typically 200AP, 200HE. State of the art fire control system with thermal imaging, and full stabilization in both planes.

The fire control have a dedicated air target program with lock on capability. Combined with the excellent traverse speed and gun elevation of the CV9030NO, it was to provide anti helicopter capabilities for the Norwegian army maneuver elements, reducing the need for a separate dedicated short range AA system.

Possible ingame stats
- Lower AP than swedish CV9040, but longer burst/ improved sustained fire.
- Similar range vs ground compared to CV9040
- EDIT: MEXAS addon armor.
- For gameplay, a 80% stabilizied autocannon is not a good thing, but the CV9030NO should be up there with the best AC stabilizers.
And the real treat:
Good range vs helicopters. 2200m\2400m?

This would not only make it an unique unit, but will also to some degree alleviate Norways main weakness: the anti-helicopter abilities.

Ingame consequences Norway would still be unable to advance on open field vs USSR or any nation that can field a Hind phalanx, but would make NOR more viable in its intended playfield: obscured terrain with limited view distances.
Last edited by Prettyhill on Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Am i really discussing wargames here with people who have never heard of Fistful of TOWs? I guess that explains why no one has a clue as to what a wargame is then." -Sharky Ward

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:21

Norwegian CV9030NOs were also equipped with MEXAS addon armour something that the swedish early variants were not.

Did not know about the helicopter targeting system though should be very usefull seeing as norway lacks a good anti heli gun system.
Viker for ingen!

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:26

CV9030NO seems like an amazing unit for Norway, the only thing I'm worried about is its price tag. with a much higher anti helicopter range autocannon and MEXAS its gonna be on the level of high end BMP 2s.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

Prettyhill
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Prettyhill » Tue 25 Mar 2014 12:28

Correct- CV9030NO is by no means a downgraded export CV90, rather the opposite.

And besides: one does not simply plan to defend vs our highly mechanized eastern neighbor without anti helicopter capabilities. CV9030NO is the missing link here.
"Am i really discussing wargames here with people who have never heard of Fistful of TOWs? I guess that explains why no one has a clue as to what a wargame is then." -Sharky Ward

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Tue 25 Mar 2014 13:19

It would also be a great anti heli alternative for scandinavia if the swedes do not get the AA CV9040
Viker for ingen!

Skyenet
First Sergeant

Postby Skyenet » Tue 25 Mar 2014 13:34

I'm already loving the Norwegian and Scandinavian decks, and with even more units whenever Eugen releases the DLC, it's going to get so much better.

Really, my only annoyance is the lack of Sisus in Mechanized and the lack of infantry slots in Motorized.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Tue 25 Mar 2014 16:14

here is a full overview of the norwegian CV90

http://www.army-guide.com/eng/product264.html
Viker for ingen!

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Wed 26 Mar 2014 10:42

Ok, so time to suggest some F-16AM MLU loadouts.

Preferably I'd like it to have the AIM-120B but A version works as well.

It would be equally nice if this could be a multi-role plane. I realize that this might be asking for a bit much though.
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”