Things you DO NOT want to see in WG:RD

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Things you DO NOT want to see in WG:RD

Postby Killertomato » Sat 26 Oct 2013 19:54

I'm just trying to say that I don't see the validity of all these arguments to include prototypes becasue the Cold War never ended. No-one's said the cold war has never ended, as far as I'm aware, all that's been said is that it turns hot and that the campaign is now up to 1991. .

How are the Warsaw Pact nations supposed to get new units (as they will) if we stick to the current timeline?

Heck, what's the point of even extending the timeline at all if Eugen won't add lots of new units? Just about any unit that wouldn't be in prototype form in WRD could fit into the ALB timeframe as a prototype.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Sat 26 Oct 2013 20:17

Killertomato wrote:
I'm just trying to say that I don't see the validity of all these arguments to include prototypes becasue the Cold War never ended. No-one's said the cold war has never ended, as far as I'm aware, all that's been said is that it turns hot and that the campaign is now up to 1991. .

How are the Warsaw Pact nations supposed to get new units (as they will) if we stick to the current timeline?

Heck, what's the point of even extending the timeline at all if Eugen won't add lots of new units? Just about any unit that wouldn't be in prototype form in WRD could fit into the ALB timeframe as a prototype.

MadMat asked about hypothetical T-80s that Poland could get if cold was still cold in 90s.
So yeah, Round Table Agreement and Velvet Revolution never happened, The Berlin Wall is still there in '91.
I don't like this direction either.

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Sat 26 Oct 2013 20:25

Personally, I do. There are at least a dozen games set in the '80s with M1A1s vs. T-80Us- I can't think of a single one that even tries for a good '90s alternate history.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Sat 26 Oct 2013 20:30

Guggy wrote:F-14 is being changed a bit in the DLC. its missiles specifically.

YOU LEAVE MY KITTY ALONE! Unless you're decreasing the number of Phoenixes and adding Sidewinders, in which case, carry on! :P

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

DoktorvonWer
General

Postby DoktorvonWer » Sat 26 Oct 2013 20:32

Really don't see the problem with SEAD, other than the inequality of its distribution based on non-historical reasons.

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Sat 26 Oct 2013 22:14

theBLUBinYou wrote:
Xeno426 wrote:Did the Marineflieger Tornados have a particular designation?

Nope. Just Tornado (IDS).

Small correction: the Marine received slighty different Tornados.
Spoiler : :

Differences probably were the AS.34 provisions and the AGM-88 provisions (although I have heard the Lw-IDS was also capable of operating them). Anyway the Marineflieger were to operate on their own, thus needed their own SEAD.

Note the guns - it an IDS.

The name probably the problem, as this was usually not designated specially. The most common name seems to be Marine-Tornado
http://www.marine-welt.com/index.php?op ... Itemid=136

mrl0ve
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby mrl0ve » Sat 26 Oct 2013 22:42

Late soviet Tanks without Arena/Shtora.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Sun 27 Oct 2013 01:09

If TGM's were rare on Soviet tanks due to price, would Arena/Shtora really be on every tank?

If anything it may be good on Command tanks I think.

andyana
Master Sergeant

Postby andyana » Sun 27 Oct 2013 01:13

Killertomato wrote:

The new timeline thing (I think) was supposed to make the Asian nations more playable, especially China, as they only started modernising their military in the late 80s.

Mobius
Lieutenant

Postby Mobius » Sun 27 Oct 2013 02:24

Flieger wrote:Image
Note the guns - it an IDS.

I tend to like German camouflage, but good lord is that thing hideous.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”