Things you DO NOT want to see in WG:RD

Bryan
General

Re: Things you DO NOT want to see in WG:RD

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 09:02

Graphic wrote:Prototypes that didn't enter serial production becoming the linchpin of certain decks. Fun but non-crucial toys like the MBT-70, Zhalo, Norov, M8 AGS, etc. are fine. CATTB, Objekt ###, F-16XL (sorry, fellow Muricans) aren't.

I definitely agree with this, VEAK 40 being the lynchpin of Sweden's anti helicopter defence is B.S.

Crotou
Colonel

Postby Crotou » Fri 25 Oct 2013 09:03

I don't want to see maps 1- consisting in several corridors put close by each other, 2- filled with spawns everywhere.

DeuZerre
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 10:27

INTERCEPTORS
And associated weaponry.
I do not want to see MiG-31s, MiG-25s and AIM-54 Phoenixes in the game.
The scale is simply not there and would suit the MRAAMs better. Also many nations do not posses such weaponry and would be better suited and even if MRAAMs were the longest ranged killers.

Kinda agree, but they're balanced in a way (huge minimal range)

F-117 Nighthawk or any stealth bomber
They are not used in shallow Close Air Support roles as Wargame depicts but rather large strategically oriented strike packages along with many other aircraft. They also cause unnecessary harm towards gameplay and minor nations, some of which do not have the capacity to sustain its damage or counter it effectively.

If you can't deal with it, sorry but you suck. And they don't take out models they spent $$$ to make. Otherwise the SMERCH would be out too.

SEAD aircraft
Like the Nighthawk, they usually do not participate in shallow close air support strikes. Using an AGM88 HARM on a Shilka is a complete waste of resources and also completely unauthentic as SEAD is usually used against radars and stationary radars and point defence AAs. I would prefer if the current SEAD aircraft were removed of anti-radiation missiles and repurposed into Electronic Warfare aircraft that decreases the accuracy of the air defence systems like usually performed using the 'exceptional ECM' except covering a wider area.
I.e.
EF-111
SU-24
EA-6
Jaguar
-all can be repurposed as jamming aircraft.

From a gameplay point of View and from a realism point of view, you're saying bollocks. At the range they operate, they can't really make the difference between the source of the radar: Mixed, mobile, etc...

I don't want to see :

Mixed decks: National and Coalitions only.
Weak artillery and naval artillery.
Cramped maps
Stupid forward spawns
"out of nowhere" spawns
1-road-out spawn maps
Singapore as a major...
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Fri 25 Oct 2013 10:30

DeuZerre wrote:Singapore as a major...

At the rate Bryan whines, I'm pretty sure Eugen is willing to model the Vatican's army before Singapore ! :lol:
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 11:20

DeuZerre wrote:
F-117 Nighthawk or any stealth bomber
They are not used in shallow Close Air Support roles as Wargame depicts but rather large strategically oriented strike packages along with many other aircraft. They also cause unnecessary harm towards gameplay and minor nations, some of which do not have the capacity to sustain its damage or counter it effectively.

If you can't deal with it, sorry but you suck. And they don't take out models they spent $$$ to make. Otherwise the SMERCH would be out too.

I can deal with it, its not that hard, BUT the fact is, it is seriously hurting gameplay in my opinion. F-117s are the bane of any Warsaw Pact minor, list all the units available or the tactics employed to kill it but fundamentally they are able to wreck any deck without BUKs and Mig-31s. Just to down it it causes too much in attrition to destroy them. Realism point of view: Stealth aircraft like F-117 does not perform close air support.

DeuZerre wrote:
SEAD aircraft
Like the Nighthawk, they usually do not participate in shallow close air support strikes. Using an AGM88 HARM on a Shilka is a complete waste of resources and also completely unauthentic as SEAD is usually used against radars and stationary radars and point defence AAs. I would prefer if the current SEAD aircraft were removed of anti-radiation missiles and repurposed into Electronic Warfare aircraft that decreases the accuracy of the air defence systems like usually performed using the 'exceptional ECM' except covering a wider area.
I.e.
EF-111
SU-24
EA-6
Jaguar
-all can be repurposed as jamming aircraft.

From a gameplay point of View and from a realism point of view, you're saying bollocks. At the range they operate, they can't really make the difference between the source of the radar: Mixed, mobile, etc...

I do not think you understand me, usually in typical combat operations involving shallow strikes by aircraft to perform CAS, anti-radiation missiles are usually not used on relatively small air defence assets such as Shilkas and OSAs, you can use other weapons to accomplish that role such as the AGM-65(20km range). Anti-radiation missiles are usually used against larger radars such as S-300 or Buk as Anti-radiation missiles are expensive.
It is purely from a realistic POV that anti radiation missiles will not be operated in a shallow close air support environment against small radar emitters like that of the shilka.
They can differentiate too, but like you said not at the range, basically 90% of the targets available for ARMs in this game is not suitable for its use. The only real targets for ARMs in the game is Buk, Buk M1 and Kub which actually would target the battery radar.....not present in the game.

But thank you for your opinion.

EricTerminator wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:Singapore as a major...

At the rate Bryan whines, I'm pretty sure Eugen is willing to model the Vatican's army before Singapore ! :lol:

Yes it was funny the first time. Now not so. :) size isn't always everything...

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 11:26

Bryan wrote:I can deal with it, its not that hard, BUT the fact is, it is seriously hurting gameplay in my opinion. F-117s are the bane of any Warsaw Pact minor, list all the units available or the tactics employed to kill it but fundamentally they are able to wreck any deck without BUKs and Mig-31s. Just to down it it causes too much in attrition to destroy them. Realism point of view: Stealth aircraft like F-117 does not perform close air support.

Honestly, I faced F117 quite a lot with pure minor decks.

They drop one bomb, and when/before they drop the second one it's dead, because I've had MiG-21Bis or any fighter in the air circling around. As soon as it's spotted, it's dead due to bad ECM.

he only things I would do could be to reduce the packs down to 1 (so when you kill one you're at peace) or give it its true "2 bombs" loadout so it doesn't auto evac if not microe'd.

If you have a plane in the air, it'll be spotted. If you see it, it's dead because nothing will ever miss. It's a good toy but it has low operational time meaning it can't manoeuver around too much, and it dies when it's spotted by anything with a medium-good range.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 11:48

DeuZerre wrote:
Bryan wrote:I can deal with it, its not that hard, BUT the fact is, it is seriously hurting gameplay in my opinion. F-117s are the bane of any Warsaw Pact minor, list all the units available or the tactics employed to kill it but fundamentally they are able to wreck any deck without BUKs and Mig-31s. Just to down it it causes too much in attrition to destroy them. Realism point of view: Stealth aircraft like F-117 does not perform close air support.

Honestly, I faced F117 quite a lot with pure minor decks.

They drop one bomb, and when/before they drop the second one it's dead, because I've had MiG-21Bis or any fighter in the air circling around. As soon as it's spotted, it's dead due to bad ECM.

he only things I would do could be to reduce the packs down to 1 (so when you kill one you're at peace) or give it its true "2 bombs" loadout so it doesn't auto evac if not microe'd.

If you have a plane in the air, it'll be spotted. If you see it, it's dead because nothing will ever miss. It's a good toy but it has low operational time meaning it can't manoeuver around too much, and it dies when it's spotted by anything with a medium-good range.

I do not want to drag this on to another F-117 topic but this also ties in with the Interceptors as it is next to impossible for any jet to survive if the enemy uses interceptors. I understand combined ground and air units are necessary to fully minimise its damage but I find it hard especially with an air assault deck which lacks AA or support units.

But I see where you are coming from. The F-117 does perform its job as a ninja bomber and a Pave-way carrier however if possible I believe other aircraft could be armed with the Pave-way to reduce the amount of F-117s that would normally be encountered.

Kamrat Roger
Lieutenant

Postby Kamrat Roger » Fri 25 Oct 2013 12:51

Strv 121 & 122 aka Swedish Leo 2.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 25 Oct 2013 12:55

Scandinavian leo 2s in general.
Viker for ingen!

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:01

Kamrat Roger wrote:Strv 121 & 122 aka Swedish Leo 2.

Har? First time I head some one say no thank you to a good unit. Are you actually sure you are posting in the right thread?
Its like T-80U saying no thanks to a DDR T-80UG.....

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”