OpusTheFowl
General

Re: Things you DO NOT want to see in WG:RD

Postby OpusTheFowl » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:03

All prototypes
Maps with no maneuvering room
Infantry with no teeth in forests
Scale that is totally out of wack

Those are my big ones...but there are more smaller ones too...

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:05

Bryan wrote:
Kamrat Roger wrote:Strv 121 & 122 aka Swedish Leo 2.

Har? First time I head some one say no thank you to a good unit. Are you actually sure you are posting in the right thread?
Its like T-80U saying no thanks to a DDR T-80UG.....

Scandinavian members here agree in general that we would not have recieved the Leopard 2 if it hadn't been for the CFE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_ ... _in_Europe
Viker for ingen!

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:15

orcbuster wrote:
Bryan wrote:
Kamrat Roger wrote:Strv 121 & 122 aka Swedish Leo 2.

Har? First time I head some one say no thank you to a good unit. Are you actually sure you are posting in the right thread?
Its like T-80U saying no thanks to a DDR T-80UG.....

Scandinavian members here agree in general that we would not have recieved the Leopard 2 if it hadn't been for the CFE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_ ... _in_Europe

It would serve well for the sake of gameplay. They could have a unit capable of allowing some form of capable offensive operations.

DeuZerre
Location: Universe, Galaxy, Solar System, Earth, Ground, Eurasian Continent, Main Landmass.

Postby DeuZerre » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:19

Bryan wrote:I do not want to drag this on to another F-117 topic but this also ties in with the Interceptors as it is next to impossible for any jet to survive if the enemy uses interceptors. I understand combined ground and air units are necessary to fully minimise its damage but I find it hard especially with an air assault deck which lacks AA or support units.

Here is what I hate the most about this forum: People assume all deck configurations should beat all deck configurations. Air assault has a specific strength, and sucks everywhere else, and you expect it to be able to beat a deck that can field everything? Be real.
Marshal honoris causa
FLX wrote:Removing the weaknesses from the divisions leads to all divisions being the same in the long run. We won't proceed like that.

orcbuster

Postby orcbuster » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:20

Rather that we be given other units. STRV 103D, and Leopard 1A6 seem like more interesting and cheap (the main reason we got the leopards) plausible alternatives. Maybe even strv 2000.

Same goes for south korea. No Soviet materiell for them.

Here is what I hate the most about this forum: People assume all deck configurations should beat all deck configurations. Air assault has a specific strength, and sucks everywhere else, and you expect it to be able to beat a deck that can field everything? Be real.

agree, other decks are very situational suited to certain maps and gametypes.
Viker for ingen!

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:27

EricTerminator wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:Singapore as a major...

At the rate Bryan whines, I'm pretty sure Eugen is willing to model the Vatican's army before Singapore ! :lol:

Hahaha, swiss guard with holy grenades and halberds(would be WAAAY op in CQB :mrgreen: ) and the pope as the ultimate weapon agaibst godless communism :twisted:
PLEASSSSE EUGEN !! :mrgreen:

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:29

1 thing that bugs me reading here.

The "no prototypes" thing, what about those that would go into production in case of war? Even if limited (btw the comment about the M8 on first page i think it was, it did go into production, the US currently have several in service iirc, but heh)?

What if the national "setup" is that of "we buy when we need"? Like the UK, saying "no prototypes" for example of the british military, would make a game based in the middle east today kinda, well, awkward, lol, not to forget ofcourse, most military campaigns by the british army in the last several decades, arguable since ww1, were based on "buy just before/during the operation", meaning that prototypes would be used, for example the sudden extra armor for british assets prior gulf war, and the milan platform for the warrior, and many other upgrades.

Just curious why people ignore how governments work, lol.

As for rather not see, well, a return of the derp arty is the obvious 1 for me lol.

Prototypes thats are beyond silly, i would rather not see, like ontos, but thats just me (im fine with logical prototypes like the M8 AGS, as an example).

"evac" having no real control on it for air support.

"dumbing down" of the command system and the way units move and fight.

EricTerminator
Major

Postby EricTerminator » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:35

Lord Helmchen wrote:
EricTerminator wrote:
DeuZerre wrote:Singapore as a major...

At the rate Bryan whines, I'm pretty sure Eugen is willing to model the Vatican's army before Singapore ! :lol:

Hahaha, swiss guard with holy grenades and halberds(would be WAAAY op in CQB :mrgreen: ) and the pope as the ultimate weapon agaibst godless communism :twisted:

Pope John Paul II...in W:RD ! :lol:
BECAUSE HUNTING CHALLENGERS WITH MIG-31S WAS TOO EASY :

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:40

DeuZerre wrote:
Bryan wrote:I do not want to drag this on to another F-117 topic but this also ties in with the Interceptors as it is next to impossible for any jet to survive if the enemy uses interceptors. I understand combined ground and air units are necessary to fully minimise its damage but I find it hard especially with an air assault deck which lacks AA or support units.

Did not mean it that way. I just meant its harder to kill a F-117 without a mix of assets. Sorry for confusion.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Fri 25 Oct 2013 13:42

EricTerminator wrote:
Lord Helmchen wrote:
EricTerminator wrote:At the rate Bryan whines, I'm pretty sure Eugen is willing to model the Vatican's army before Singapore ! :lol:

Pope John Paul II...in W:RD ! :lol:

I can, for the first time in life, hear pact crying NATO op :twisted:

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”