Rangers+RD

Hero of Freedom
Corporal

Rangers+RD

Postby Hero of Freedom » Fri 8 Nov 2013 21:17

Is there anyway we'll see the 75th Rangers in Red Dragon? The term "Rangers lead the way, all the way!" really means they are the first ones into combat, doing raids, assaulting towns, airbases, and others. Could they replace the Delta force with 15 man Ranger squads? Reason for 15 is because they are literately the biggest special forces; biggest meaning they have the most numbers then any other SF in the U.S, possibly the world.

If no, then can you please add a 3 card to the recon Rangers with maybe an m24, or m249?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Re: Rangers+RD

Postby Rorschach » Fri 8 Nov 2013 21:26

Rangers are 'literally the biggest special forces'?

North Korea have anything to say? 180,000 special forces soldiers there
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

Hero of Freedom
Corporal

Postby Hero of Freedom » Fri 8 Nov 2013 21:29

Rorschach wrote:Rangers are 'literally the biggest special forces'?

North Korea have anything to say? 180,000 special forces soldiers there

Please read, I said "in the U.S, possibly the world." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/possibly

cplfernandez
Sergeant First-Class

Postby cplfernandez » Fri 8 Nov 2013 21:35

Haha was just about to correct Rorschach.

About Rangers. Rangers are already in Air Land Battle, however they are complete for reasons beyond me. I do not think Rangers need to be 15 man squads, more availability would make more sense. What needs to happen is the reworking of infantry so they are not so obviously spotted by tanks as well as make special forces have at least slightly better fighting ability than the 10 point conscripts.

On North Korean Special Ops. They must have low standards for special ops. Who gets in? Those who way over 60Kg's?
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Sat 9 Nov 2013 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

panzersaurkrautwefer
Major-General

Postby panzersaurkrautwefer » Fri 8 Nov 2013 22:08

North Korean special forces are vast, but they also have significant overlap with what most people refer to as "light infantry" with a strong emphasis on infiltration tactics (again, big picture infiltration, we're not talking about a battalion dressed up as nuns crossing the border, but moving large units through broken terrain and such).

As to Rangers...the unit itself could use a little buffing, but I don't really believe we somehow need moar or something. The sneaky stuff they do is more represented in the special forces raids on the strategic map, and I imagine playing as a ranger unit would suck so hard, as to cause the game to actually implode.
Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?

Hero of Freedom
Corporal

Postby Hero of Freedom » Fri 8 Nov 2013 22:25

Do you agree however that they should have a MG or sniper rifle? I feel a little screwed over bringing Rangers for 25 points when I can bring 2 pathfinders for equal price, or Danish Jeagers for 5 points more which include gustav and mg3.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 8 Nov 2013 22:30

Hero of Freedom wrote: because they are literately the biggest special forces; biggest meaning they have the most numbers then any other SF in the U.S, possibly the world.

What I was saying is that no, they are not the biggest in the world, by quite a long way :P
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Fri 8 Nov 2013 22:34

Hero of Freedom wrote:Do you agree however that they should have a MG.

So much that they'll have one by the end of the month ... ;)

Yet don't expect to ever see them at 15-men strenght ...

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Fri 8 Nov 2013 22:35

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
Hero of Freedom wrote:Do you agree however that they should have a MG.

So much that they'll have one by the end of the month ... ;)

Yet don't expect to ever see them at 15-men strenght ...

Oooh, late November release? :|

Numbers
Warrant Officer

Postby Numbers » Fri 8 Nov 2013 23:29

Rorschach wrote:Oooh, late November release? :|

I'm pretty sure he's referring to how the DLC 2 and accompanying patch for ALB are out in November.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”