Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

User avatar
eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2046
Joined: Sat 24 Nov 2012 00:26
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby eMeM » Mon 19 May 2014 14:24

T-80U wrote:Errr, no, it won't be nice for E-bloc as whole - the role of SA interceptor is already filled with czech mig-21. There are two missing links in E-bloc air:
F-F AGMs
ASF plane with 4+ R-77 aka heavy interceptor

But MiG-29 can't fill those holes.
Kh-29T would be F&F AFAIK, Poland had those missiles for Su-22M4.
Image

User avatar
Windmaker
First Sergeant
Posts: 243
Joined: Thu 22 Mar 2012 20:25
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Windmaker » Mon 19 May 2014 14:26

All in all - Poland needs one fighter with longer range rockets. And as we have all other units we had, except MiG-29, that one would be perfect for us. Even if we don't want to have clones, like NATO has :)

Just my 1 cent to discussion ;)
"War, war never changes"

"Stałem się śmiercią; niszczycielem światów" - Julius Robert Oppenheimer

Image

Image

MoW-Center.pl

User avatar
T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue 27 Mar 2012 07:13
Location: Default city.
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby T-80U » Mon 19 May 2014 14:58

eMeM wrote:
T-80U wrote:Errr, no, it won't be nice for E-bloc as whole - the role of SA interceptor is already filled with czech mig-21. There are two missing links in E-bloc air:
F-F AGMs
ASF plane with 4+ R-77 aka heavy interceptor

But MiG-29 can't fill those holes.
Kh-29T would be F&F AFAIK, Poland had those missiles for Su-22M4.

If it is a Mig-29M, which export version is called MiG-33, it can.

User avatar
Xeno426
Carbon 13
Posts: 11965
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 21:27
Location: Acheron, Hadley's Hope
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 19 May 2014 19:42

Vasto wrote:Except the 9-15, which could carry 4, though only 2 E variants

Woops, forgot about that one.
Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

ReniferS
Corporal
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon 28 Apr 2014 22:48
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby ReniferS » Tue 20 May 2014 09:31

I wonder if Poland is going to get a new agm plane. A su 22m4 with a loudout liken the su25 would be nice. 2x AGM unedr the belly, 2x s24 on theinner wing pylons, 2x AGM on the outer wing pylons. 2 mid wing pylons are still available but I do not think that anything useful can be placed there. Correct me if I am wrong but i think that configuration is plausible.

And shark teeth smile. The shark teeth is a must have on that!

User avatar
SKLKNKR
Brigadier
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat 4 Jan 2014 08:34
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby SKLKNKR » Tue 20 May 2014 16:04

ReniferS wrote:I wonder if Poland is going to get a new agm plane. A su 22m4 with a loudout liken the su25 would be nice. 2x AGM unedr the belly, 2x s24 on theinner wing pylons, 2x AGM on the outer wing pylons. 2 mid wing pylons are still available but I do not think that anything useful can be placed there. Correct me if I am wrong but i think that configuration is plausible.

And shark teeth smile. The shark teeth is a must have on that!


I think Poland is going to get a Su-22 with Kh-29T's. It's only fair and would be a great loadout.
Image
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

ReniferS
Corporal
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon 28 Apr 2014 22:48
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby ReniferS » Tue 20 May 2014 18:06

SKLKNKR wrote:
ReniferS wrote:I wonder if Poland is going to get a new agm plane. A su 22m4 with a loudout liken the su25 would be nice. 2x AGM unedr the belly, 2x s24 on theinner wing pylons, 2x AGM on the outer wing pylons. 2 mid wing pylons are still available but I do not think that anything useful can be placed there. Correct me if I am wrong but i think that configuration is plausible.

And shark teeth smile. The shark teeth is a must have on that!


I think Poland is going to get a Su-22 with Kh-29T's. It's only fair and would be a great loadout.


Was counting more on something new instead of a e-german reprint. Like 4x kh-25l, 2x s-24. S-25 without gun and armour, but ecm and cheaper for my NSWP.

User avatar
Mr0Buggy
Brigadier
Posts: 3434
Joined: Mon 27 May 2013 15:57
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Mr0Buggy » Tue 20 May 2014 18:12

Kh-29T is not a reprint for it is a F&F missile as opposed to Kh-29L, which would be the only of it's kind in the Eastern Bloc Armory.

User avatar
Xeno426
Carbon 13
Posts: 11965
Joined: Tue 13 Mar 2012 21:27
Location: Acheron, Hadley's Hope
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 20 May 2014 18:34

ReniferS wrote:Was counting more on something new instead of a e-german reprint. Like 4x kh-25l, 2x s-24. S-25 without gun and armour, but ecm and cheaper for my NSWP.

Except the Su-22 wouldn't be flying without a gun...
Image
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

User avatar
Grabbed_by_the_Spets
General
Posts: 6605
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2012 11:40
Contact:

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Grabbed_by_the_Spets » Wed 21 May 2014 16:53

*About the BWP-95*

[EUG]MadMat wrote:The "95" part ... ;)


I don't see how the "95" has very much relevant, yes Poland had stopped becoming communist, but I think this is largely irrelevant.

It has been known for some time that the BMP-1 was largely obsolete, many WarPact countries had already started upgrading them. I would think that the Polish military would have had plans for it's upgrade regardless of who was in power at the time.

All of the BWP-95's upgrades are indigenous to Poland, it has a 23mm autocannon (Which Poland had plenty of), SPG-9 (Which Poland already had plenty of) and the CERAWA-1 was the ERA blocks used for PT-91.

Poland needs an IFV with good protection, and the heavily amoured hull of the BWP-95 would provide nicely for that!
Image

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 39 guests