Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Darth-Lampshade
Captain

Re: Polish Army In Wargame:Red Dragon

Postby Darth-Lampshade » Mon 26 May 2014 22:01

So could the BWP-2000 show up? I think it's within the time-frame but it uses a lot of Western components.
When in doubt blame UGBEAR.

eMeM
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby eMeM » Mon 26 May 2014 22:15

It's both OOTF (first protos in 1997 IIRC) and uses a lot of western tech, including the whole turret.

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Mon 26 May 2014 23:11

I'm not sure if this these have been suggested here already but...

PZL-230 Skorpion?
Indigenous Polish attack aircraft, cancelled purely because of the fall of Communism and the subsequent government wanting to dedicate money elsewhere. This is a bit of a Chimera as it never saw even prototype stage (a mockup was built, nothing more), but it could give Poland something very unique.

PZL Kania
Mi-2 upgrade, originally built for export; value would be somewhat questionable as the W-3 Sokol and its potential upgrades are already in, but could be a bit of flavour.

Some form of proto-Biala (that's a pre Biala upgrade of the Shilka rather than a prototype version of the Biala); not sure when the first was upgraded, but Poland could most certainly do with a better SPAAG; feasibly the Biala upgrade was in the works since the late 80s, but a lack of money prevented it from reaching maturity...
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

Windmaker
First Sergeant

Postby Windmaker » Mon 26 May 2014 23:16

PZL-230 Skorpion?! Really? Come on, this unit was not only a prototype, but also a piece of rubbish. Too small to be use in real combat. I know patriotic idea is to add everything with PL in name, but there are much better units then that. If we could get any attack airplane, another Su-22 or Su-25 would be 200% better then Scorpion.

There is difference between unique and useless - in this case unfortunately Skorpion is useless.
"War, war never changes"

"Stałem się śmiercią; niszczycielem światów" - Julius Robert Oppenheimer

MoW-Center.pl

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Mon 26 May 2014 23:18

Windmaker wrote:There is difference between unique and useless - in this case unfortunately Skorpion is useless.

I had to make similar comments with regards to the L-39MS. :lol:
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Mon 26 May 2014 23:21

Windmaker wrote:PZL-230 Skorpion?! Really? Come on, this unit was not only a prototype, but also a piece of rubbish. Too small to be use in real combat. I know patriotic idea is to add everything with PL in name, but there are much better units then that. If we could get any attack airplane, another Su-22 or Su-25 would be 200% better then Scorpion.

There is difference between unique and useless - in this case unfortunately Skorpion is useless.

For the sake of "Not another Soviet-designed X", I'd say yes. But realistically, probably not; given the fact it never even flew its impossible to say what good it would be in reality; don't judge a plane by its size though; most 'lightweight' fighters can put their larger contemporaries to shame. Given it would require a new model, I don't see it happening anyway.
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Tue 27 May 2014 00:49

Sweedish_Gunner wrote:Now, this raises a problem. For BOTH Poland and Czechoslovakia to have good Air-superiority fighters (MiG-29 being their only true modern option) all the MiG's would have to be ASF's and have similar, if not identical armaments. Now we know that Eugen try's to balance around coalitions and not nations ( :cry: ), so that means that one of these MiG's will most likely be given some other, less useful role. So, which nation doesn't get a good ASF, or do Eugen give all the NSWP nations a good ASF (which they deserve) but run the risk of 'NSWP 6 MIG-29'S OP PLZ NERF' threads.

I don't envy you guys at Eugen right now, either way someone's not going to be happy. :|

I can't hear you over the sound of all my MiG-29's.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Tue 27 May 2014 02:41

All y'all forgetting about the CSSR's other options.

Hints below.
|
|
|
|
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

lmp
Sergeant Major

Postby lmp » Tue 27 May 2014 02:59

As in, MiG-23ML + R-24R? That missile isn't modeled, right? I'm guessing it would be right in between the R-23R and R-27R with ACC 50% and range 6300m. Not horrible, but I'm still hoping both new MiG-29s get R-27Rs.
Grabbed_by_the_Spets wrote:NEVA gonna give you up, NEVA gonna shoot you down, NEVA gonna turn around... And burn you!

NEVA gonna make you cry, NEVA gonna say goodbye, NEVA gonna have you fry, and hurt you...

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Tue 27 May 2014 03:49

That looks more like a MiG-25 to me...

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”