I heard there is going to be bullet time?

eddyvegasgames
Corporal

I heard there is going to be bullet time?

Postby eddyvegasgames » Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:24

As one of the main contributors to the massive "pause and give orders" thread, I heard a rumor that there will be the possibility to slow down time in single player Red Dragon to give us old farts time to give orders, then watch the stunning graphics. Is this true? If so, you have just earned yourselves a sale.

-Eddy

integ3r
Lieutenant

Re: I heard there is going to be bullet time?

Postby integ3r » Thu 16 Jan 2014 12:37

If the campaign is gonna be roughly the same in in structure as ALB, then I want fast forward more than I want slow motion.

Nothing more boring than having to sit and wait 20 minutes in order to force a draw because your BG lacks the initiative to do anything besides defending.
"How do into gaem of war? How 2 git gud?":
Spoiler : :

ch3cooh
Colonel

Postby ch3cooh » Thu 16 Jan 2014 13:15

Have no experience with Wargame Singleplayer, but maybe it would be useful to adjust gamespeed up and down like in Arma.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Thu 16 Jan 2014 16:51

considering you can already do it in replays I don't see why not in singleplayer, it used to be a common feature in many RTS (time dilation)
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

eddyvegasgames
Corporal

Postby eddyvegasgames » Thu 16 Jan 2014 17:00

Yeah yeah, just a simple yes or no from someone who knows the answer will do me fine, thanks.

Eddy-

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Thu 16 Jan 2014 17:02

eddyvegasgames wrote:Yeah yeah, just a simple yes or no from someone who knows the answer will do me fine, thanks.

Eddy-

you're better off PMing MadMat, Wister, or FLX then.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Aubustou
Lieutenant

Postby Aubustou » Thu 16 Jan 2014 19:48

It was written as such in Gamekult's preview:

Ces novices découvriront par exemple un mode bullet time capable de ralentir largement l'action pendant les parties solitaires, facilitant la réactivité sur certains évènements très rapides, comme les attaques aériennes par exemple. Désigner plusieurs cibles sur un seul déploiement de chasseur devrait ainsi être beaucoup plus simple pour les non-initiés.

http://www.gamekult.com/actu/zoom-warga ... 28513.html

So yeah, a bullet time allowing SP players to slow down largely the time, for quick reaction like air attacks. Designating several targets with one fighter is going to be far easier for non-initiates.
Image Gloire à la Nation!

eddyvegasgames
Corporal

Postby eddyvegasgames » Thu 16 Jan 2014 19:57

Well all right then! I speak French so I understand that article, and it appears that there is! I'd like to take this chance to publicly thank the devs for listening to the fans on this subject. It's not pause, but it's close enough to satisfy me.

-Eddy

Phips
Sergeant Major

Postby Phips » Thu 16 Jan 2014 21:24

eddyvegasgames wrote:Well all right then! I speak French so I understand that article, and it appears that there is! I'd like to take this chance to publicly thank the devs for listening to the fans on this subject. It's not pause, but it's close enough to satisfy me.

-Eddy

Its very much needed. especially in the first minute of the match where you gotta manage your airplanes and force and helos and unloading and taking cities and disabling aa and so on, disabling supply and calling in new stuff after a min watching out that it comes in from the right zone and and and. ALB is a nightmare micro wise no were near the relaxing EE.

BTR
General

Postby BTR » Thu 16 Jan 2014 21:27

Definitely not in multiplayer.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”