Czechoslovak People's Army v2 - RD DLC Discussion

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: Czechoslovak People's Army v2 - RD DLC Discussion

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Thu 24 Jul 2014 22:24

huee wrote:Granátometčíci

Seems fine to me.

eR_Spectre
Sergeant First-Class

Postby eR_Spectre » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:08

Four notes about DLC:

Lehka pechota - the Vz. 25 and T21... really? The weapons from 30' and 50... thought the DLC should bring CSSR to 90' standard, not kick it back to middleage. Give us 80'/90' version of it - Vz.58 / LADA and METYS or METYS-M. Please.

The wide use of Mi-4... as supply and cheapest transport for infantry. Same as above, really weird. The Mi-8/Mi-17 without rocket pods would make much more sence.

KUB/BUK issues. The first - KUB-M4 shouldn't have same performance of it's missiles as BUK-M1! It could be comparable to regular BUK in the game, but not to BUK-M1. I suggest to set it on vanilla BUK level. Which brings me to another thing - where is the BUK for CSSR? In late 80', CSSR plans acquisition of BUK-M1, even some troops were in USSR for training. Also the TOR was planned. It's very likely that CSSR would have BUKs in early 90'.

Any plans to do something about dubbing? Really, CSSR needs it, I hate those creapy voices... makes me scary.

Xeno426
Carbon 13

Postby Xeno426 » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:17

eR_Spectre wrote:Also the TOR was planned.

According to Mr0Buggy it wasn't.
CloakandDagger wrote:And you're one of the people with the shiny colored name. No wonder the game is in the state it's in.

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:21

eR_Spectre wrote:Four notes about DLC:

Lehka pechota - the Vz. 25 and T21... really? The weapons from 30' and 50... thought the DLC should bring CSSR to 90' standard, not kick it back to middleage. Give us 80'/90' version of it - Vz.58 / LADA and METYS or METYS-M. Please.

I've been told that Lehka is widely regarded as an excellent city brawler. The weapons it has have a little importance then.

The wide use of Mi-4... as supply and cheapest transport for infantry. Same as above, really weird. The Mi-8/Mi-17 without rocket pods would make much more sence.

As has been said, the Mi-4 for CV was chosen because it was there in the 1980 when Mi-9 was ready in just 1989. For supply it's because both Poland and DDR already have supply Mi-8, so one more was seen as too much and Mi-4 was chosen for flavor instead. I don't agree with that either, but what you gonna do. As for infantry, no one has unarmed Mi-8/Mi-17's.

KUB/BUK issues. The first - KUB-M4 shouldn't have same performance of it's missiles as BUK-M1! It could be comparable to regular BUK in the game, but not to BUK-M1. I suggest to set it on vanilla BUK level. Which brings me to another thing - where is the BUK for CSSR? In late 80', CSSR plans acquisition of BUK-M1, even some troops were in USSR for training. Also the TOR was planned. It's very likely that CSSR would have BUKs in early 90'.

I mentioned the Kub-M4 being too strong than it should be. As for Buk, the Kub-M4 is substituting for it. We couldn't have them all. As for Tor, I'm not that entirely sure it was planned (if you have source mentioning so, I would appreciate it) and the DDR got one, and as a coalition, other countries couldn't.

Any plans to do something about dubbing? Really, CSSR needs it, I hate those creapy voices... makes me scary.

Not happening I'm afraid.

Durog
Staff Sergeant

Postby Durog » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:29

actually was planned purchase 9K331 TOR ( 15. motostřelecké divize České Budějovice), 9K37 BUK (171. plrp v Rožmitále pod Třemšínem) and 2K22 TUNGUSKA

purchase was cencel due end cold war and Czechoslovakia dissolved

source> http://www.vojenskerozhledy.cz/kategori ... oslovenska - 2.
Last edited by Durog on Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:39, edited 1 time in total.

huee
Sergeant

Postby huee » Thu 24 Jul 2014 23:32

Actually, I'm starting to like the Mi-4 supply. It doesn't hurt that much when random artillery barrage or bombing run kills it. As for TOR, AFAIK there were plans to get one AA regiment converted to them between 1991-1995. Source: http://www.csla.cz/armada/taktika/plany003.htm

S-8coming
Sergeant Major

Postby S-8coming » Fri 25 Jul 2014 00:07

[EUG]MadMat wrote:
huee wrote:Granátometčíci

Seems fine to me.

YES....the perfect translation of grenadiers
Again... grenade launcher and grenadiers havent got same meaning it is like granátomet a granátometčíci/granátníci

S-8coming
Sergeant Major

Postby S-8coming » Fri 25 Jul 2014 00:11

And can somebody post some screenshots of ČSLA units with stats (from dlc .... trolls :D )
THX

huee
Sergeant

Postby huee » Fri 25 Jul 2014 00:12

Actually, grenadiers translate as "granátníci" in Czech. Granátometčík (plural Granátometčíci) is just a guy that's using grenade launcher, same naming logic as Pancéřovníci.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Fri 25 Jul 2014 02:47

Leave your Hands of the KUB-M4, that is exactly the high-end SAM my CSSR deck Needs!

Eventhough it is really quite alot better than it´s real-life counterpart...
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”