Campaign scenarios you want?

jonas165
Brigadier

Re: Campaign scenarios you want?

Postby jonas165 » Sat 15 Feb 2014 15:43

Flieger wrote:So, nobody has an idea as to why the Bundeswehr would be in Asia? :lol:

I have no clue. It doesn´t really fit Germany´s policy at that time at all, does it? I think it was more an excuse to update it to 1991 standart at release, so Eugen will make up some Scenario.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 15 Feb 2014 15:46

Flieger wrote:So, nobody has an idea as to why the Bundeswehr would be in Asia? :lol:

I have one...

They used old, post-nazi, very well hidden teleportation device to transport their troops and protect secrets alien race left in Tibetan mountains.

Fits perfectly.

#SWAG

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Sat 15 Feb 2014 15:51

jonas165 wrote:

I have no clue. It doesn´t really fit Germany´s policy at that time at all, does it? I think it was more an excuse to update it to 1991 standart at release, so Eugen will make up some Scenario.

There are some possibilites in the UN/humanitarian context, but it is difficult. That is why I am wondering...

REDDQ wrote:They used old, post-nazi, very well hidden teleportation device to transport their troops and protect secrets alien race left in Tibetan mountains.

But they are still guarded by fanatically loyal SS-troops and well hidden...

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Sat 15 Feb 2014 15:56

Flieger wrote:But they are still guarded by fanatically loyal SS-troops and well hidden...

Germany got super secret info from its spy within CIA that Soviets are bringing large quantities of equipment to the border, including mining stuff. Whatever it is hidden down there won't stay that way for long.

USA don't know what for Soviets drag civilian experts and demolition equipment with them but German government connected the dots very quickly and they must move in to protect technology that can turn the tides of this war for either side.

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sat 15 Feb 2014 17:05

What about a Scenario like the Boxer uprising? You own a small area in China, held by joint forces consisting of paratroopers and you have to hold the area against Chinese forces until reinforcements arrive
That'll be cool :D

Flieger
Lieutenant General

Postby Flieger » Sat 15 Feb 2014 17:30

Lord Helmchen wrote:What about a Scenario like the Boxer uprising? You own a small area in China, held by joint forces consisting of paratroopers and you have to hold the area against Chinese forces until reinforcements arrive

But it does not answer the question why German paras would be there... certainly not to reclaim Tsingtau, which was lost to the Japanese anyway. :lol:

But indeed I often think of the 8-Nations-Alliance since RD was announced. However, when it comes to the defense of embassies, that is a BGS-task. And that one does get a new unit.

nWODT_Niack
Captain

Postby nWODT_Niack » Sat 15 Feb 2014 17:31

Lord Helmchen wrote:What about a Scenario like the Boxer uprising? You own a small area in China, held by joint forces consisting of paratroopers and you have to hold the area against Chinese forces until reinforcements arrive

Isn't that basically the premise of the "Pearl of the Orient" campaign ? If they are only 6 of them, there would be more variations i expect.

Germany : unfortunately, W-Germany might not even be in the campaigns. I expect the campaigns to focus on the five new nations + Pacific rim (USSR, US, Canada maybe) and Hong-Kong. Maybe France might play a peripheral role, but limited to something like one reinforcement marine battle group as an option for one campaign.
Unless there is a WWIII in the pacific, general brawl, no brakes campaign.
Croche et Tient

Lord Helmchen
Major-General

Postby Lord Helmchen » Sat 15 Feb 2014 17:56

nWODT_Niack wrote:

Isn't that basically the premise of the "Pearl of the Orient" campaign ? If they are only 6 of them, there would be more variations i expect.

Germany : unfortunately, W-Germany might not even be in the campaigns. I expect the campaigns to focus on the five new nations + Pacific rim (USSR, US, Canada maybe) and Hong-Kong. Maybe France might play a peripheral role, but limited to something like one reinforcement marine battle group as an option for one campaign.
Unless there is a WWIII in the pacific, general brawl, no brakes campaign.

I think it was confirmed that all nations, which will directly be brought up to 1990s standards will be part of the campaign ;)

Flieger wrote:But it does not answer the question why German paras would be there... certainly not to reclaim Tsingtau, which was lost to the Japanese anyway. :lol:

But indeed I often think of the 8-Nations-Alliance since RD was announced. However, when it comes to the defense of embassies, that is a BGS-task. And that one does get a new unit.

Well, you have to look at it that way: German embassy means German ground. The Bundeswehr must not defend the German embassy because it is not allowed for them unless the defense case is called out. The BGS/Bundespolizei was/is responsible for the embassies. But if China/NK would attack the embassies, they would attack their respective countries. The US embassy would be defended by USMC troops, I think GB and France also let the military defend their embassies. And if those countries will be attacked, the Bundeswehr is allowed to work on German soil meaning the embassy.
Nevertheless I fear it would be to small scalled
EDIT: I think I expressed myself quiet ... confusing for the most people :?
tl;dr: Bundeswehr is only allowed to fight on German soil if Germany is under attack. In peace the BGS guards the embassy. If the embassy is attacked, Germany is attacked and the Bundeswehr is allowed to defend the embassy

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Sat 15 Feb 2014 18:06

To end the West German involvement in Asia discussion, it is plausible that NATO and pact restrict the main war to the east and have limited military operations in Europe meaning that the west Germans might send a battlegroup to help out due to the limited warfare on the European front.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Sat 15 Feb 2014 18:13

T80U = tankbankai wrote:To end the West German involvement in Asia discussion, it is plausible that NATO and pact restrict the main war to the east and have limited military operations in Europe meaning that the west Germans might send a battlegroup to help out due to the limited warfare on the European front.

At the very first, West Germany had about the same restrictions as Japan had after World War 2. There was (or still is) in article in the constitution which says, that Germany´s Army may only act in case of defence. So this makes not much sense. There would have to be some sort of attack on Germany. But there are/were no German colonies, close allies (like the US and Japan) or special interests in Asia. So it´s kind of doubtful that there will be a realistic reason to include Germany in the Campaigns, but I am sure Eugen will make something interessting up :D
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”