Does naval categorisation undermine deck philosophy?

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Re: Does naval categorisation undermine deck philosophy?

Postby Carnage1138 » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:14

QUAD wrote:Certain deck specialization a should affect the navy. Like better corvettes in an airborne deck.

Sorry to double post but what is the rationale behind paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne getting better corvettes? :?:

QUAD
Colonel

Postby QUAD » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:16

:D just an example. I wanted to say "marine" decks...
Mobile Units Operational :!:

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby orcbuster » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:22

there really shouldnt be any naval specialization bonuses. there aren't enough units for it.
Viker for ingen!

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Postby Carnage1138 » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:24

QUAD wrote::D just an example. I wanted to say "marine" decks...

Aaah......well that's something I might agree with. Unless of course your navy actually
is part of your Army (ie the PLAN or People's Liberation Army Navy).

HarmonicaWizard
Sergeant

Postby HarmonicaWizard » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:33

It has been said that there will be some land only maps, for everyone who doesn't want to use naval units ( which I find understandable ). Also, there are only about 100 naval units in the game, according to Dev Blog 14, and thus it would be very hard to have specialization of naval units. One thing I'm interested in is that the Russians and Chinese are portrayed on the same side. I doubt that would really be the case, but maybe the alternate campaign will have specially circumstances.
"You might think that your nighthawk is cool and all, but tell me, can it time travel and speak in an Austrian accent? I don't think so."

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:46

I find the whole naval thing to be a bit weird. It just doesn't seem to work well. Unless all naval based air units can only attack boats, I see many people choosing an all plane naval section just to have extra gun firepower. I don't see this as an effective solution knowing what I know now about it, but it very well could work.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Sat 22 Feb 2014 23:56

I worry that the naval side of it is just going to make it derpy. Possibly gone a little too big too soon with regards to the size of ships - I'd have been happy with patrol boats and such, instead of Destroyers etc. Oh well, I guess some of you lot find out pretty soon so looking forward to seeing how it is.

TankHunter
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby TankHunter » Sun 23 Feb 2014 00:11

Izo Azlion wrote:I worry that the naval side of it is just going to make it derpy. Possibly gone a little too big too soon with regards to the size of ships - I'd have been happy with patrol boats and such, instead of Destroyers etc. Oh well, I guess some of you lot find out pretty soon so looking forward to seeing how it is.

Destroyers could possibly be seen in coastal support roles. Being naval CV's, and only coming in 1 or 2 per card, while smaller craft like the OSA Class Missile Boat, which came in packs of 4 (Moskit Missile boat in MadMat's Yalu Deck). I suspect that we will not have to worry about seeing too many destroyers
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them [. . .] They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind."

Carnage1138
Master Sergeant

Postby Carnage1138 » Sun 23 Feb 2014 01:29

Izo Azlion wrote:I worry that the naval side of it is just going to make it derpy. Possibly gone a little too big too soon with regards to the size of ships - I'd have been happy with patrol boats and such, instead of Destroyers etc. Oh well, I guess some of you lot find out pretty soon so looking forward to seeing how it is.

Well its not like people would be able to choose the USS Missouri so its not that unbalanced.

someone77
Corporal

Postby someone77 » Sun 23 Feb 2014 01:34

I love all the conjecture when no one here has actually played the game in its current state. Let's all wait til we have a chance to play before we pass any judgement.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”