Post your questions to the beta testers!

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Post your questions to the beta testers!

Postby RedDevilCG » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:45

Hi there! I thought it would be a good idea to make a collective thread to ask the beta testers questions. Beta testers, when responding could you please be sure to quote who you are answering? I expect this thread could get quite cluttered. I'll do my best to organize non-opinion style answers into the first post as much as possible.

So I'll start off with some questions.
Are you able to queue patrol orders for planes? Can you queue in an EVAC order with planes?

Answers
Spoiler : "Rorschach" - When you call in planes, do they appear on the battlefield instantly, like in ALB? :
"CommieKiller757" - Yes, there's also a handy green arrow that tells you which air corridor that it's coming from.

Spoiler : "Sub_Zero12" - Can Harrier and other Vstols land on ships? :
"Excroat3" - I am not a beta tester, but that is a definite no. http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=36034 (#15)

Spoiler : "Hospy" - Does mixed NATO include Japan and South Korea? Does mixed PACT include China and North Korea? :
Yes, and Yes.

Spoiler : "Kung Fu Treachery" - Does the Royal Navy really only have one ship? :
"Partizaan" - Yep Type 21
But doesn't matter in terms of deck building, naval section includes always all nations from one side

Spoiler : "Excroat3" - How do landing craft work? :
"Partizaan" - Units from the Marine tab are deployed in landing craft in their respective transport - like e.g. VAB - the landing craft can be reused after unloading e.g. to ship units from the shore which are not from the MArine tab

Spoiler : "teslars" - Hello, what is the actual bonus/malus of mixed/coalition/national deck? :
"raventhefuhrer" - Coalition and National decks unlock the prototypes of their respective nation(s). They also get an availability bonus, but right now the bonus has yet to be implemented but we don't know what they are...I'd imagine you could expect The Commonwealth to get a small bonus whereas a nation like Denmark might get an enormous one. There are currently no activation point bonuses or slot increases associated with Coalition/National decks, though I think there should be.

Spoiler : "HaryPL" - What are current bonuses from specializations in current deck creation? I mean for given types, which 'lines' gets additional 4 slots and XP boost? :
"chimpyang"-Current Bonuses are:

Motorised = slots and XP to Recon and Vehicle
Armoured = Slots and XP to Tank
Support = Slots to Support and Logistic, XP to Support only
Marine = Slots and XP to Plane and Inf
Mechanised = Slots and XP to Inf and Vehicles
Airborne = Slots and XP to Inf and Helo
Last edited by RedDevilCG on Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:56, edited 9 times in total.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Re: Post your questions to the beta testers!

Postby Rorschach » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:45

When you call in planes, do they appear on the battlefield instantly, like in ALB?
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

CommieKiller757
Warrant Officer

Postby CommieKiller757 » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:51

Rorschach wrote:When you call in planes, do they appear on the battlefield instantly, like in ALB?

Yes, there's also a handy green arrow that tells you which air corridor that it's coming from.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:53

CommieKiller757 wrote:
Rorschach wrote:When you call in planes, do they appear on the battlefield instantly, like in ALB?

Yes

:(

I fear that instant bomber access killed surprise attacks in ALB. Does this instant access to HE bombs have the same effect in RD?

I just remember how any large attacks you made ended in cheap bomber spam that arrived about 10 seconds after you started attacking...
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

HaryPL
Lieutenant

Postby HaryPL » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:55

1k points per player, 1FOB + 4 Smerchs.. how much of points left and how's the accuracy of those beasts? :P

Partizaan
Sergeant Major

Postby Partizaan » Tue 25 Feb 2014 20:57

HaryPL wrote:1k points per player, 1FOB + 4 Smerchs.. how much of points left and how's the accuracy of those beasts? :P

Rocket Artillery seems quite powerful at the moment, 4 kill heavy tanks

Izo Azlion
Master Sergeant

Postby Izo Azlion » Tue 25 Feb 2014 21:20

Can you guys take a few shots of the new British units? I'm especially curious of the Challenger AAA speed?

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Tue 25 Feb 2014 21:29

Izo Azlion wrote:Can you guys take a few shots of the new British units? I'm especially curious of the Challenger AAA speed?

55km/h off road, 110 km/h on road, IIRC

I think it might be a bug though, because the Chally and Chieftan Marksmen looked very similar, and were the same price.

Super_Comrade
Corporal

Postby Super_Comrade » Tue 25 Feb 2014 21:48

Does anybody have armories of Eurocorps, USSR, or USA? I haven't seen those yet :(

Hospy
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Hospy » Tue 25 Feb 2014 22:02

Dumb question that probably was somewhere else but I don't know the answers to.

Does mixed NATO include Japan and South Korea?

Does mixed PACT include China and North Korea?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”