Post your questions to the beta testers!

molnibalage
General

Re: Post your questions to the beta testers!

Postby molnibalage » Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:46

Is there any significant test result about the surviveability of ships against diferrent weapons? I mean how many hit is required to destroy a ship fro ex with an AGM-84 is Moskit? Ships can have such malfunctons as tanks from hit or just by random?

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Mon 3 Mar 2014 10:49

molnibalage wrote:Is there any significant test result about the surviveability of ships against diferrent weapons? I mean how many hit is required to destroy a ship fro ex with an AGM-84 is Moskit? Ships can have such malfunctons as tanks from hit or just by random?

I don´t exactly know how much damage single missles cause, because when you hit, you usaully hit with multiple missles. Destroyers loose about 20-25% of thier HP in volley, if a few missles pass the CIWS.
Ships can have malfuntions (Radar Operator killed, water leaking,...).
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Polo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Polo » Mon 3 Mar 2014 11:49

From what I see on videos, the AA "balance" is quite good and air seems a lot more interesting indeed.
Of course that means AA is no more dominant. Personnaly I would have prefered better AA coverage (range) with less lethality than the contrary, but, why not.

Also, MANPAD ability to kill planes is a bit annoying, isn't it? Is it realistic? If it is not, I am pretty sure it has already been discussed a lot in evry ALB forums, but I imagine it is either a feature (game balance stuff) or due to the fact the engine does not differentiate altitude range and distance range.

Now, about, but that probably has been discussed a lot in ALB too, but I am a bit puzzled about the inability of planes (especially with IR missiles) to shoot down helos. Is it again a game feature (to avoid breaking balance) or a real life feature?

Polo

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Mon 3 Mar 2014 11:53

Polo wrote:[From what I see on videos, the AA "balance" is quite good and air seems a lot more interesting indeed.
Of course that means AA is no more dominant. Personnaly I would have prefered better AA coverage (range) with less lethality than the contrary, but, why not.

Also, MANPAD ability to kill planes is a bit annoying, isn't it? Is it realistic? If it is not, I am pretty sure it has already been discussed a lot in evry ALB forums, but I imagine it is either a feature (game balance stuff) or due to the fact the engine does not differentiate altitude range and distance range.

I think all MANPADS have 4 HE now, so they are actually not so good at killig planes. It´s the [GUID] trait, which makes Radar AA sinificantly weaker, even with the range buffs. You are kind of forced to mix Radar and IR for a good ADN.

Polo wrote:Now, about, but that probably has been discussed a lot in ALB too, but I am a bit puzzled about the inability of planes (especially with IR missiles) to shoot down helos. Is it again a game feature (to avoid breaking balance) or a real life feature?

Polo

As far as I know Radar missles can target helicopters IRL. IIRC it was even a feature in the early ALB beta but it was removed because it broke helos completely.

Polo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Polo » Mon 3 Mar 2014 12:00

Sure, in fact I was talking about IR on helos. I guess the radar ones is not so obvious as helos are flying very low (?) and radar missiles may (?) need more distance to be effective too.
No what puzzles me is about IR missiles, how many of us have lost expensive planes while chasing helos in ALB. My experience is that only Mig21 is a plane effective on both planes and helos (I am not speaking of crusaders or stuff like this) for a reasonable price to risk.

So, game feature or reality?

By the way, is it realistic such a massive missile as a BUK one is effective against a helo at less than a km? (IRL again)

Polo
Last edited by Polo on Mon 3 Mar 2014 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

Mako
General

Postby Mako » Mon 3 Mar 2014 12:02

jonas165 wrote:
Polo wrote:[From what I see on videos, the AA "balance" is quite good and air seems a lot more interesting indeed.

I think all MANPADS have 4 HE now, so they are actually not so good at killig planes. It´s the [GUID] trait, which makes Radar AA sinificantly weaker, even with the range buffs. You are kind of forced to mix Radar and IR for a good ADN.

Nope that's totally wrong.

Igla and upgraded variant have 4, StingerA/C have 5, Rbs-70 has 3 but got a range buff, Javelin has 5, Red Eye has 3(?) and so on.

Polo wrote:Sure, in fact I was talking about IR on helos. I guess the radar ones is not so obvious as helos are flying very low and radar missiles may (?) need more distance to be effective (?) too.
No what puzzles me is about IR missiles, how many of us have lost expensive planes while chasi_ng helos in ALB. My experience is that only Mig21 is a plane effective on both planes and helos (I am not speaking of crusaders or stuff like this) for a reasonable price to risk.

By the way, is it realistic such a massive missile as a BUK one is effective against a helo at less than a km? (IRL again)

Polo

Most high end radar SAM units can engage helicopters effectively, Osa AKM and Buk m1(?) at 2800m and I-Haek pip III and TOR at more than 3000m!
If there's two kinds of players, those that like challenges and those that want a fair game, pubstomps should make everyone happy.

Polo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Polo » Mon 3 Mar 2014 12:05

Mako wrote:
Polo wrote:Sure, in fact I was talking about IR on helos. I guess the radar ones is not so obvious as helos are flying very low and radar missiles may (?) need more distance to be effective (?) too.
No what puzzles me is about IR missiles, how many of us have lost expensive planes while chasi_ng helos in ALB. My experience is that only Mig21 is a plane effective on both planes and helos (I am not speaking of crusaders or stuff like this) for a reasonable price to risk.

Polo

Radar AA units can engage helicopters effectively, Osa AKM and Buk m1(?) at 2800m and I-Haek pip III at more than 3000m!

I am pretty sure Jonas was talking about plane based AA missiles. ;)
ANd my question was about real life. Is your answer too?

Polo

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Mon 3 Mar 2014 12:09

Mako wrote:Nope that's totally wrong.

Igla and upgraded variant have 4, StingerA/C have 5, Rbs-70 has 3 but got a range buff, Javelin has 5, Red Eye has 3(?) and so on.

Sorry, my bad. I just recalled from my memory that Igla was nerfed, didn´t remeber how the other systems went.

Darasuum
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Darasuum » Mon 3 Mar 2014 13:16

another505 wrote:btw MSTA fires a 20 round salvo
so 4 of them will be firing 80 shells

over like 2minute continuously :lol:

so dont use shift move, you have to do it manually for some arty

20... :shock:

makhot
Warrant Officer

Postby makhot » Mon 3 Mar 2014 13:37

Two questions
1. Do you finally see map preview in the lobby?
2. Can you finally disable spawn points?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”