Post your questions to the beta testers!

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Re: Post your questions to the beta testers!

Postby RedDevilCG » Tue 4 Mar 2014 05:07

Polo wrote:Too bad...

For SEAD, I understand it as a bug, isn't it one?
Yes it was bugged. For some reason the damage it was doing was it's AP value times its HE value. So they were doing like 100+ damage per hit :lol:

Tulip
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Tulip » Tue 4 Mar 2014 06:48

RedDevilCG wrote:
Polo wrote:Too bad...

For SEAD, I understand it as a bug, isn't it one?
Yes it was bugged. For some reason the damage it was doing was it's AP value times its HE value. So they were doing like 100+ damage per hit :lol:

Well, that seems to be the intended equation: Harpoons are 4He 20AP do ~80 damage. The trouble was that SEAD had values like 30AP 15HE (I'm doing this from memory but that sounds like what Feibao used to have) and thus exploded everything forever.

To answer a question nobody asked (or not recently): Challenger Marksman is indeed pretty badass, but it can be one-shotted by the aforementioned Feibao. I'm probably going to make a second Commonwealth deck that varies only by subbing out the chall for Falcons or something whenever i see a Red Dragon on the opposing team.

mars888f
Sergeant First-Class

Postby mars888f » Tue 4 Mar 2014 12:21

Have anyone know the dimensions of map in WRD BETA? bigger than WAB?
WAB Gjoll map(10V10) dimension: L:26000m W: 44000m
Steam ID: mars_yu_tw
Steam Group:
Wargame Red Dragon ASIA
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRD999
WRD 10VS10 ASIA SERVER: " [Mars]ASIA TAIWAN"

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Tue 4 Mar 2014 13:44

mars888f wrote:Have anyone know the dimensions of map in WRD BETA? bigger than WAB?

You should look through the sticky Posts in the RD Forum, I think it was mentioned somewhere there.

But the maps feels less cramped and more open. Not so many chokepoints anymore. IMO map design is one of the best new things of RD.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

plata
Sergeant First-Class

Postby plata » Tue 4 Mar 2014 15:53

Are there any suggestions in the beta forum concerning different HE values for aircraft canons?

Right now the vulcan has the highest fire rate and therefore the highest damage output, because all aircraft canons have HE = 1 (iirc).
If higher caliber canons like the Mauser BK27 or the british ADEN would get higher HE (e. g. 1.5 or 2) aircraft arments would be more balanced.

jonas165
Brigadier

Postby jonas165 » Tue 4 Mar 2014 16:18

plata wrote:Are there any suggestions in the beta forum concerning different HE values for aircraft canons?

Right now the vulcan has the highest fire rate and therefore the highest damage output, because all aircraft canons have HE = 1 (iirc).
If higher caliber canons like the Mauser BK27 or the british ADEN would get higher HE (e. g. 1.5 or 2) aircraft arments would be more balanced.

So far, all aircraft guns have 1 HE and all aircraft have 10 HP IIRC.
Alpha release. Click signature for more

Tulip
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Tulip » Tue 4 Mar 2014 19:04

mars888f wrote:Have anyone know the dimensions of map in WRD BETA? bigger than WAB?

All the maps are about 25km-40km on a side. I'm personally not a fan, the helorush meta is much much stronger than in ALB, but i seem to be in the minority of people who had rare standoff spam games in ALB.

jubedy
Command Sergeant Major

Postby jubedy » Wed 5 Mar 2014 22:25

I don't know what map it is, but I recently watched a game on youtube and the map had open water on either side and the landmass was a little hourglass shaped I guess, narrow in the middle where the 2 sides meet. The game was focused mostly on ships and some failed attempts at amphibious landings, so I never really saw what the action was like in the middle, however it would seem to me that it would be pretty easy for the map to devolve into a stalemate around the middle choke point.

What are your guys' opinions of it? It looks like an interesting map to play on, although I've only found one game recorded on it
Spoiler : :

saber2243
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby saber2243 » Wed 5 Mar 2014 22:56

jubedy wrote:I don't know what map it is, but I recently watched a game on youtube and the map had open water on either side and the landmass was a little hourglass shaped I guess, narrow in the middle where the 2 sides meet. The game was focused mostly on ships and some failed attempts at amphibious landings, so I never really saw what the action was like in the middle, however it would seem to me that it would be pretty easy for the map to devolve into a stalemate around the middle choke point.

What are your guys' opinions of it? It looks like an interesting map to play on, although I've only found one game recorded on it

That would be because until navel is fixed it is almosr unplayable when someone takes navel they win, however when my clan played a gentlemens match wth only ships being amphib troobs and costal support boats it was the most fun I have had since wee TMI, we had several massive amphib landings, and the middle looks small but remember to amphib units all that water is open field
Peace through Superior Firepower

teslars
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby teslars » Wed 5 Mar 2014 23:05

Choke point still exist in RD but you can more easily avoid them, like bridge that can be avoided if you use amphibious units

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”