Post your questions to the beta testers!

Tulip
Sergeant First-Class

Re: Post your questions to the beta testers!

Postby Tulip » Thu 13 Mar 2014 02:43

To be clear about the type restrictions, it was a drop down, not a check list, so you couldn't make "Marine or Moto or Mech Not Support nor Armor nor Airborne nor Typeless" for example. I know the default was 'anything goes' but there was one listed choice that i couldn't figure out if it meant "only decks with a type" or "only decks without a type." There might have been both, but never played one and as Raven said, we're all going off memory at this point.

dtgc wrote:To group units, do we still have to use the "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0" keys or can we change them for something more handy ?

Can't change them, believe me i wanted to.

Polo
Staff Sergeant

Postby Polo » Thu 13 Mar 2014 09:49

I am not sure if anybody asked already, but my question is about performances.

I don't have such an old config, but still my Intel Core 2 E8400 3GHz with 4 Go of RAM has some serious difficulties with 10v10, or even 4v4 in ALB.
Can we expect the same kind of perf req as ALB, or are we expected to have a better config? Or (we can dream) will we get some perf improvements in RD?

Thank you for the answer, perf is my only problem to maybe buy RD!

Polo

kanesoban
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby kanesoban » Tue 18 Mar 2014 02:07

It seems that it is overwhelming to play the naval and land part at the same time. Is it viable for one player to entirely concentrate on the naval part while another does the ground combat ?

Killertomato
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Killertomato » Tue 18 Mar 2014 02:11

kanesoban wrote:It seems that it is overwhelming to play the naval and land part at the same time. Is it viable for one player to entirely concentrate on the naval part while another does the ground combat ?

That's how it worked out fairly often.
orcbuster wrote:USSR gets prototype marsupials, why would you need moose when you got stuff with kickers like that AND transport capability? And I'm not even gonna START on the french Marsupilami, I don't even think thats a real animal! Why no trolls for Norway?

RedDevilCG
Colonel

Postby RedDevilCG » Tue 18 Mar 2014 02:12

The short answer is Yes.

Everyone needs to add navy to complete their deck, but you don't have to spend your starting points on land units, or navy units if you don't want. So you could easily spend all your starting points on a land force, and your partner could spend all his starting points on the navy part. Navy is expensive enough to consume all your starting points easily.

Eventually, you'll end up calling in both land and sea units, even if it's just Marine aircraft or helicopters to help shoot at the opponents fleet. You could fill all 10 of your Marine slots with non-ships (helicopters, jets, land units in landing craft) if you don't want to use ships.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”