Closed Beta Videos from [DAY]

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Closed Beta Videos from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 09:30

Hi Wargame Community,

it was late but we are finally ready with our first-look video. Hope you enjoy it ;-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA5b9EIkAbg

Edit: "Closed Naval Video" added:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsUElQs3RPs

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 12:39

I am able to make more videos from the beta. So what is the community interested in?
I think it is a little bit pointless to make actually deck videos, because there are a lot of placeholder pictures in the beta and i don't like it in this development phase ...

User avatar
KeyLord
Command Sergeant Major
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu 2 May 2013 13:33
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby KeyLord » Wed 26 Feb 2014 12:46

[DAY]Topspin2005 wrote:I am able to make more videos from the beta. So what is the community interested in?
I think it is a little bit pointless to make actually deck videos, because there are a lot of placeholder pictures in the beta and i don't like it in this development phase ...


Yeah, I'm surprised that there is actually no NDA on the Closed beta, as there are still quite a few rough edges to it, and very spammy battles, still awesome nonetheless.

I think people would like to see good battles, and stuff that won't really get changed in the beta, like close ups of units in battle, paying attention to what's happening up close. Most of the stuff in streams/youtube was from top-down view, not really getting the chance to observe the amazing terrain.

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 12:59

I was thinking as well to include maps/terrain in the first look video ... but the video was already 15 minutes long and graphics haven't been improved that much (only the animations of flares and the ship animations are new and great).

So maybe a good idea to make a "zoomed-in" video of terrain, maps and units/battles ;) Thx for your idea!

Forak
Specialist
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue 14 May 2013 09:57
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby Forak » Wed 26 Feb 2014 13:46

Thanks a lot for the video, very informative for those of us not in the beta!

Could you perhaps have a closer look at some of the naval unit mechanics? I'm very interested in their lethality towards land units and the interaction between land <-> naval in general. The ships appear to have a very high strenght (150 on some if I saw that correctly?) yet a lot of the anti naval missiles do 20 AP damage, is there other mechanics at work here?

Appreciate any further vids on the maps too, they look great!

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 14:39

Forak wrote:Thanks a lot for the video, very informative for those of us not in the beta!

Could you perhaps have a closer look at some of the naval unit mechanics? I'm very interested in their lethality towards land units and the interaction between land <-> naval in general. The ships appear to have a very high strenght (150 on some if I saw that correctly?) yet a lot of the anti naval missiles do 20 AP damage, is there other mechanics at work here?

Appreciate any further vids on the maps too, they look great!


Thx! Yes, ships are very strong actually. But you don't have much of them. So remember you have only 9 slots left for Naval/Marine. You have to fill this 9 slots with ships, anti-ship planes and landing troops.

Landing troops are coming with a barge/transport boat. So you order them like normal units and can bring them for example to islands ;)

User avatar
T80U = tankbankai
Captain
Posts: 1596
Joined: Thu 9 Jan 2014 21:15
Location: Land of dank memes and broken dreams
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Wed 26 Feb 2014 14:44

By any chance could you show off amphibious landings from the naval deck?
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Image
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 14:48

T80U = tankbankai wrote:By any chance could you show off amphibious landings from the naval deck?


I see the main interest is still on the new naval/marine units :mrgreen: ... i will see if i find time to make another naval/marine video with amphibious units/landing troops :-)

User avatar
loosebruce
Master Sergeant
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri 17 Aug 2012 16:42
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby loosebruce » Wed 26 Feb 2014 14:54

This was really cool,

It would be interesting to see the dynamics of the following:

Gun boats vs Tanks on shore
Onshore Artillery vs Ships (make nice splashes ) :)
Amphibious assault with smoke screen


Here are some questions I have as well:

- Is there Aegis cruisers in that video?
-Is there Antiship arty like Sunburn?
Image

User avatar
[DAY]Topspin2005
General
Posts: 5134
Joined: Thu 30 Jun 2011 15:13
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: First-Look video from [DAY]

Postby [DAY]Topspin2005 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 15:33

loosebruce wrote:This was really cool,

It would be interesting to see the dynamics of the following:

Gun boats vs Tanks on shore
Onshore Artillery vs Ships (make nice splashes ) :)
Amphibious assault with smoke screen


Here are some questions I have as well:

- Is there Aegis cruisers in that video?
-Is there Antiship arty like Sunburn?


To be honest ... i have spend so many time yesterday for this video, so i had not many time to study all the new ships. I was surprised about zipo-boat and i think many other ships i have to test much more ;) There are some more interesting units ;)

But glad you like it :D

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests