I feel misled

kiarr
Master Sergeant

Re: I feel misled

Postby kiarr » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:29

make ships more expensive and in lesser numbers there should be a healthy balance between ground war and navel combat. also a few more ship types wouldn't hurt
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rorschach
Lieutenant General

Postby Rorschach » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:29

GBNATO wrote:I think this is a good idea, more time needs to be invested in making sure that at the very least coalition navies are represented appropriately.

I really dislike the current state of things.

Personally I would be happy with just 2 or 3 more ships for the UK.

Agreed. At the very least, make navy choice coalition specific, don't force access to the whole of NATO/pact ship armoury.
A brilliant plan from the dirtiest euro-hippie: get US players to pay me for a game that I then show them how much their military sucks so I can feel better about being a communist.

LoneRifle
Major-General

Postby LoneRifle » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:31

Don't forget this is a closed beta of the game....... A lot of stuff is in motion right now so please don't be to hard on Eugen.

uberbyford
Second-Lieutenant

Postby uberbyford » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:32

I wouldn't mind it so much if each coalition had a reasonable naval roster, so that the Czechs could use ships from NSWP as a whole, and Germany get ships from France etc as they had weak navies. But limiting those nations that had good navies just seems counter-intuitive.

Leviathan
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Leviathan » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:32

Jack Sutton wrote:
GBNATO wrote:I think this is a good idea, more time needs to be invested in making sure that at the very least coalition navies are represented appropriately.

I really dislike the current state of things.

Personally I would be happy with just 2 or 3 more ships for the UK.

+1
hush, be quiet! you've got your SEAD now :D since Nelson died the glorious days of the RN are over anyway *duck&cover* :mrgreen:

russ555
Staff Sergeant

Postby russ555 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:40

I'm not in beta so would someone be kind enough to post the number of ships and how they are divided?

Admiral Piett
Colonel

Postby Admiral Piett » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:42

I feel like having national-only navies, which I would love, just isn't going to happen. I'm praying that we at least get proper 'coalition' navies so that it feels far less generic. Right now the hours of streams I have watched are just SO BORING. The land-based stuff looks amazing, but the naval stuff is just "spam tons ships (chosen from a very small handful of available types), blob them, attack move across the map." Yawn.

I play Wargame because of the ridiculous amount of flavour and unit variety when compared to other RTT and RTS games. I was looking forward to Eugen continuing that philosophy with navies. It turns out I was very wrong. The look on my brother face when he found out Canada didn't even get the Halifax-class was heart-breaking. :cry:

I would strongly recommend adding enough ships to make coalitions functional so we can dump the boring "BluFor, RedFor" stuff. At this point I'm fine with the 'leading' nation of each coalition making up the bulk of the forces with the minors contributing maybe a ship or two to save on modelling time and money. For example, Britain would obviously take the lead for the Commonwealth. Canada would contribute maybe the Halifax or something and ANZAC would contribute one or two things of whatever they have. Then the Royal Navy would be left to fill in the gaps not already filled by the two or three minor power's ships.

China would take the lead for the Red Dragons, Blue Dragons would be a toss up (Maybe Japan? Not sure.), America would get their own navy, Soviets would get their own navy, and whoever's navy is stronger out of France or Germany would lead the Eurocorps (My guess is France, but I don't know enough to say for sure.). Once NSWP and the Vikings are added I wouldn't expect them to get their own ships. I would just allow them to use the Soviet and Eurocorps (or American?) navies respectively.

Bluecewe
Sergeant Major

Postby Bluecewe » Wed 26 Feb 2014 19:58

Don't forget about the fact that, under current plans, the marine category is not limited by the same activation point limit as the other eight categories are. The way in which naval units have been introduced into the deck system is rather strange - the developers need to take a step back and rethink their design approach in this area.

Red Army
Sergeant First-Class

Postby Red Army » Wed 26 Feb 2014 21:04

Don't forget that navy decks are more than just big ships. Would the Commonwealth, Eurocorps, or USSR have the smaller riverboats and the like that round out the navy?

Zaksle75
Corporal

Postby Zaksle75 » Wed 26 Feb 2014 21:35

If Wargame RD is the last one I'ma be sad :(
They could easily turn this into something like total war, that would be amazing.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”