Will This Game Have an Automatch?

Elukka
Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Will This Game Have an Automatch?

Postby Elukka » Tue 18 Mar 2014 01:16

Al_Ka_Pwn wrote:that's too bad, lack of good match making is what really kills this game for me, if it could do something like starcraft or dota, that would be awesome.

It's unfortunate but there's not much you can do about it. The matchmaking is there, people just don't use it.

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Tue 18 Mar 2014 17:55

Al_Ka_Pwn wrote:I really want to be able to launch the game, choose 1v1, or 2v2 etc, hit "play" and be matched against people of my skill. If that's in this game, it's an insta buy. Does this game have that?

Probably only for ranked matches, but usually people who like to play ranked are people who like competitive matches, so you probably find players with experience or "natural" skill there.

I'm going to assume that you are worried that regular games will have lots of skilled players where you don't stand a chance, correct me if this isn't your issue.

If so, then my advice is to check replays on youtube, check tactical guides. If you are willing to learn and follow some good tactical practices, you should do fine against even the most skilled players. By "doing fine" I don't mean win, but at least not being squashed like a bug. With time and knowledge of units, knowledge of what works and what doesn't work, you will start to do better and better, it just takes time and patience, its a long learning curve but its totally worth it I can assure you that.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

Tigga
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Tigga » Tue 18 Mar 2014 18:35

It will.

As others have said, the problem is popularity. The Wargame community, on the whole, isn't very competative. You'll find automatched games quickly, and a reasonable amount of time they'll be matched fairly on skill, but to get good skill matching you need a lot of players playing ranked. Wargame is smaller than Starcraft/Dota, and people are less competative.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”