DDR in Red Dragon

User avatar
SKLKNKR
Brigadier
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat 4 Jan 2014 08:34
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 30 May 2014 15:54

Flieger wrote:It might be that I am just pulling your leg :mrgreen:

:evil:
That is not to say nothing from that document will make it in, the Su-25 is a serious contender...


As serious, say, as the tunguska? :twisted:
Image
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

User avatar
T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue 27 Mar 2012 07:13
Location: Default city.
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby T-80U » Fri 30 May 2014 15:59

A Mi-28 would be awesome. Especially a Mi-28N with above-rotor radar, as a heavy recon :lol: . The Su-25 is ok too, but only if it will feature F-F missiles or Vikhrs.
Both would be good for balance purpose, but i'm afraid they won't be in.

User avatar
jonas165
Brigadier
Posts: 3109
Joined: Sun 13 Oct 2013 06:01
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby jonas165 » Fri 30 May 2014 16:01

T-80U wrote:A Mi-28 would be awesome. Especially a Mi-28N with above-rotor radar, as a heavy recon :lol: . The Su-25 is ok too, but only if it will feature F-F missiles or Vikhrs.
Both would be good for balance purpose, but i'm afraid they won't be in.


From Fliegers comments, I guess we will see the Su-25, but no Mi-28 (rightfully!)
Image
Alpha release. Click signature for more

User avatar
CandyMan
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat 11 May 2013 01:24
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby CandyMan » Fri 30 May 2014 16:03

What happened to the unit of the day? I'd like o think we are within a month of dlc 1 release at this point. Surely we can start seeing uotd for nswp again.
Image
Your standard pinko Commie swine...
Rabidnid wrote:NK has a veritable cornucopia of mediocrity to choose from when it comes to inexpensive vehicular recon!

User avatar
T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue 27 Mar 2012 07:13
Location: Default city.
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby T-80U » Fri 30 May 2014 16:05

jonas165 wrote:
T-80U wrote:A Mi-28 would be awesome. Especially a Mi-28N with above-rotor radar, as a heavy recon :lol: . The Su-25 is ok too, but only if it will feature F-F missiles or Vikhrs.
Both would be good for balance purpose, but i'm afraid they won't be in.


From Fliegers comments, I guess we will see the Su-25, but no Mi-28 (rightfully!)

The key in planes is the loadout - as MiG-29 could be a spearhead of revolution with R-77, it can be a revisionist-opportunist crap with R-27, if you get me right ;) . If DDR Su-25 would get something that E-bloc does not have(F-F AGM, hi-range AGM) it would be win.

User avatar
icehawk308
Major
Posts: 1893
Joined: Mon 16 Apr 2012 20:32
Location: Cloud covered peaks of Toronto
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby icehawk308 » Fri 30 May 2014 16:06

Flieger wrote:It might be that I am just pulling your leg :mrgreen:

This document is more of a wishlist than real planning work. Later on, the Mi-28 e.g. was projected for the 2000s iirc. That is not to say nothing from that document will make it in, the Su-25 is a serious contender and so is what is written about tanks and artillery (although intelligent munitions certainly won't make it in).

Btw, it would help the DDR helos a lot if the "Mi-35P"s armament got changed to 8 Kokons. This configuration was possible using four double launchers on the outer pylons and it was apparently also possible for the NVA:
http://www.comphob.de/Nva/Versch/Waf/w08.htm

(Of course, the "Mi-35P" was never called like that. The correct name is Mi-24P).


Well there goes the Uragan ICM Idea :cry: (not like West Germany is lobbing that stuff left and right...)

I do believe that Flieger is actually just underplaying himself, as he cant with certainty reveal the deck list. So my guess is that Mi-28 & Su-25 ARE in; if for no other reason that Germany has to rely much more on imports than either the Poles or the Czechs :arrow:

So my guess is T-72S, Tung, Mi-28/35P (either is fine really, although you might as well give better Hinds to Czechs and Havoc to Germans),& Su-25 for sure.

The loadouts are the question :?:

User avatar
SKLKNKR
Brigadier
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat 4 Jan 2014 08:34
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 30 May 2014 16:07

CandyMan wrote:What happened to the unit of the day? I'd like o think we are within a month of dlc 1 release at this point. Surely we can start seeing uotd for nswp again.


MadMat said he would revive it when DLC 1 was more "imminent".
Image
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

User avatar
T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue 27 Mar 2012 07:13
Location: Default city.
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby T-80U » Fri 30 May 2014 16:08

CandyMan wrote:What happened to the unit of the day? I'd like o think we are within a month of dlc 1 release at this point. Surely we can start seeing uotd for nswp again.

Afaik MadMat said that only some of reskins are ready, new models are still in work, so new units would appear quite slow.

User avatar
Flieger
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4294
Joined: Fri 15 Mar 2013 19:44
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby Flieger » Fri 30 May 2014 16:19

SKLKNKR wrote:As serious, say, as the tunguska? :twisted:


From my point of view: sure, but it does not mean it will come. The DDR will get at least one new airplane and if EUG sticks to it, it will come as a surprise. It has not been named in this thread. Or any other threads. I myself only found out about it by chance.

Anyway I can assure you there will be nice stuff to come. I personally cannot decide which I like best, because it is a tie between two new infantry units; one a 90ies upgrade (not hard to guess...), the other a totally new unit.


icehawk308 wrote:Well there goes the Uragan ICM Idea :cry: (not like West Germany is lobbing that stuff left and right...)

I do believe that Flieger is actually just underplaying himself, as he cant with certainty reveal the deck list.


Of course! Do you really thought I'd give away units that easily? :mrgreen:

But as far as the ICM is concerned, I think the cluster MRLS issue has not been decided yet. Could go to E-Germany, even though I am actually not much of a fan (and unlike W-Germany, E-Germany has a cluster bomber).


jonas165 wrote:From Fliegers comments, I guess we will see the Su-25, but no Mi-28 (rightfully!)


Well, I like the Mi-28 a lot. It looks like a really mean war-maschine. And with NVA markings...
Image

User avatar
SKLKNKR
Brigadier
Posts: 3137
Joined: Sat 4 Jan 2014 08:34
Contact:

Re: DDR in Red Dragon

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 30 May 2014 16:30

Flieger wrote:
SKLKNKR wrote:As serious, say, as the tunguska? :twisted:


From my point of view: sure, but it does not mean it will come. The DDR will get at least one new airplane and if EUG sticks to it, it will come as a surprise. It has not been named in this thread. Or any other threads. I myself only found out about it by chance.


Any hints? As a plane/chopper nut I feel obliged to ask. :mrgreen:
Image
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests