Zoring's Recon ReWork and ReFitting

Wintermote
Sergeant Major of the Army

Re: Zoring's Recon ReWork and ReFitting

Postby Wintermote » Sun 6 Apr 2014 10:41

This is a good idea.

Pessimistic side of me says that is exactly why it will never be implemented.
They haven't implemented many (ANY??) good ideas that have been suggested since EE came out. I don't see that suddenly changing.

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Postby Zoring » Mon 7 Apr 2014 19:03

Thanks for the kind words guys, I have made a bit of an update to the front page and will repeat it here

*EDIT* Revised recon section full screen concepts, with new Category Examples!
Poland (Direct Action)
UK (Shock Recon)
Czechoslovakia (Special Recon)
E-Germany (Scouts)
Canada (Snipers)

*White boxes indicate units that need tweaking, red boxes indicate special forces moved to Recon tab.

VioA, I believe that Recon (or any spotting) does already make the deciding factor between the ranged in or not barrage size, although if they could further modify it by their skill level that would be interesting, but unlikely to be added (artillery is already quite a contentious topic!)

Also W:AB Noob, feel free to steal the idea for modding if you like :P
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

frostystrong
Master Sergeant

Postby frostystrong » Mon 7 Apr 2014 19:41

as far as I can tell I give this a

+1
<3 <3Stone Cold 3:16 “For God so loved the world wrestling federation that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” (NIV) <3 <3

dantealigheri
Corporal

Postby dantealigheri » Mon 7 Apr 2014 19:43

Just wanting to throw my support behind this. This is a great idea, and would eliminate a lot of the clutter from the Recon tab; and would make what's still there much more effective.

Tektium
Private

Postby Tektium » Mon 7 Apr 2014 20:38

This thread makes me very, very sad :(

All these great ideas, especially for the Recon tab, the tab that currently has the worst problems for both realism and gameplay.

But it's been told and retold: Eugene are now in "balancing" mode. They will not change any units from their current loadout and placement. They will not add new units. And certainly not make new transport vehicles, even if it's using existing assets.

We'd have to wait for DLCs, but historically Eugene DLCs have been just adding units to weak nations, or adding maps. Not reworking the game.

the huanglong
Warrant Officer

Postby the huanglong » Tue 8 Apr 2014 02:49

+
I'll throw my support behind this but it won't happen.

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Postby loosebruce » Wed 9 Apr 2014 11:01

Can we hijack this thread for a bit to discuss reworking Recon infantry transports?

Why are we not using :

BRDMs, UAZs, Mi-2s, BTR40s as Pact infantry transports for scouts (which is what they are IRL)

HMMVW, Land Rovers, MH-6 Littlebird, Spartan, Panhard etc. for NATO

To me it seems silly transporting a two man Fallschirmjager unit into the AO with a Sea Knight helicopter that can carry 20 personnel in real life.

Zoring can you please cover this in your rework.

plzkthxbai

Zoring
Warrant Officer

Postby Zoring » Wed 9 Apr 2014 14:56

No need to hijack anything my piratical friend! Infact you will see that what you propose is my #2 stated goal in my original post.

If you click the links in the original post you will see fully redesigned recon sections, just updated with the new USSR one, all the redundent vehicles repurposed as transports, Ravzedka made useful. Snipers with jeeps and even vehicles put in a proper order instead of having them very randomly scattered (used to be UAZ-PT-76-BRDM in one row.. now all the tracked and wheeled vehicles are together)

Clickey click!
USSR (Snipers)
Want to know how to make 116 redundant units usable? Click to read my thread on Recon Refitting!

Redlegarmybrat
Master Sergeant

Postby Redlegarmybrat » Wed 9 Apr 2014 15:09

This should be part if the regular game. It's a great idea

Oktoberfest
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Oktoberfest » Fri 11 Apr 2014 12:37

Best idea for recon EVER ! Why use a VAB or a Puma to carry scouts when you have recon jeeps or Gazelles to do the job ?

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”