Zoring's Recon ReWork and ReFitting

Rosalis
Master Sergeant

Re: Zoring's Recon Rebalance and ReFitting

Postby Rosalis » Sat 29 Mar 2014 20:34

With exceptional stealth and exceptional optics, sniper teams would become very effective at locating and tagging enemy recon teams for elimination. Don't know if this would be so powerful as to make the situation for all other recon inf untenable, but it would definitely be an instant must-have. Why take expensive and death prone super-optics helis and vehicles when an almost invisible sniper team has the same spotting range?

Without engaging the details in stats and costs, I otherwise applaud your effort. Good to see an attempt to find a role for every team.

saber2243
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby saber2243 » Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:03

+1 to op
Peace through Superior Firepower

The Ghost of Patton
Sergeant Major of the Army

Postby The Ghost of Patton » Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:22

Zoring wrote:East German Revised Recon Concept
http://i.imgur.com/KKOpD30.jpg

Nice, I've always wanted to try those, but I always run out of activation points first.
Be Excellent To Each Other!!!

ramjb
Sergeant First-Class

Postby ramjb » Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:27

I don't neccessarily agree with every detail in the OP (I think sniper teams should get nothing more than very good optics. Exceptional optics+exceptional stealth=OP as heck), but it's on a nice track to make things very interesting for the recon tab. Specially the idea of moving all elite units to the recon tab is brilliant. Would make motorized specialization finally attractive (who wants +1 XP for recon units when it's rare to get more than 3 cards of them anyway?)

I'd like some ideas to make vehicle recon a little bit more worthwile too. Anything having less than very good optics is mostly useless (exception made of the BDRM-3) and as such lots of units see no use whatsoever.

Nerdfish
Major

Postby Nerdfish » Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:36

Turning some useless recon vehicles into transport is not a bad idea at all. but I don't know why they should lose their spotting ability. They should keep it, so they can scout while they scout :D

Mark1157
Sergeant Major

Postby Mark1157 » Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:54

+1 For giving Deltas a DMR.

Their redundant weapons give players little incentive to take them over Marines or Navy Seals.

We need to make these guys special again- not just a generic SF squad with bad AT!
Spoiler : :
ImageImage

Sunshine
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Sunshine » Sat 29 Mar 2014 22:14

Mark1157 wrote:+1 For giving Deltas a DMR.

Their redundant weapons give players little incentive to take them over Marines or Navy Seals.

We need to make these guys special again- not just a generic SF squad with bad AT!

Indeed.
Sponsored by italic & German superiority.

wargamer1985
Brigadier

Postby wargamer1985 » Sat 29 Mar 2014 23:13

Sunshine wrote:

Indeed.

I think there MG Acc just needs to be buffed and give them a AT4, also give them there no penalty on the move bonus back. This will make Deltas the best gun infantry in the game and still have a decent AT weapon, like in EE
APPLY TO THE GLORIOUS CULT OF THE WARHAWK! LIBERATING NAZIS SINCE 1939!

Drang
Major-General

Re: Zoring's Recon ReWork and ReFitting

Postby Drang » Sun 30 Mar 2014 08:57

Conceptually good, weak execution let down by too many parts. Just differentiate them into two categories:

Line "fighting" recon: Everything armed w/ an LMG or DMR. 10 man, of varying quality.

"Eyes" cheap recon, such as the BGS, Grenzers, etc. 5 man squads at trained.

Sniper stay as snipers.

None of this "operators" L33t 720 noscope bollocks.

shomu1
Major-General

Postby shomu1 » Sun 30 Mar 2014 09:58

wargamer1985 wrote:
Sunshine wrote:

Indeed.

I think there MG Acc just needs to be buffed and give them a AT4, also give them there no penalty on the move bonus back. This will make Deltas the best gun infantry in the game and still have a decent AT weapon, like in EE

Accuracy isn't a problem, it's rate of fire. Delta just can't put out enough bullets to keep from getting overwhelmed.

IT IS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”