SAM/ A2A Missile Discreptancies

derrickkolba
First Sergeant

Re: SAM/ A2A Missile Discreptancies

Postby derrickkolba » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:09

well i don't see why it wouldn't work as its a good idea they did the same balancing in other areas with success.

Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:13

Cheesehead wrote:But whats the harm in increase the R-40 HE? It' already got pretty bad accuracy, and frankly I wouldn't mind if they buffed it to 9-10 HE and nerfed the accuracy a couple levels; it be like having a flying S-125 while I think it still won't out-range a lot of the MRAAM's.

Because HE 10 is a bad idea for anyone to have in my view, 1 lucky shot should NOT have the power to bring down any plane ingame.

Gopblin
Major-General

Postby Gopblin » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:17

Mitchverr wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:But whats the harm in increase the R-40 HE? It' already got pretty bad accuracy, and frankly I wouldn't mind if they buffed it to 9-10 HE and nerfed the accuracy a couple levels; it be like having a flying S-125 while I think it still won't out-range a lot of the MRAAM's.

Because HE 10 is a bad idea for anyone to have in my view, 1 lucky shot should NOT have the power to bring down any plane ingame.

Yeah, IRL a plane would never be brought down with one missile!! Oh wai...

Honestly I'd be pretty happy if all missiles with 30kg+ warhead got 10HE, and the planes got increased availability/decreased cost. Current situation when planes are fairly hard to bring down reliably is pretty moronic.

Best wishes,
Daniel
Nationality? - Russian.
Occupation? - No, no, just visiting.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:29

Gopblin wrote:Yeah, IRL a plane would never be brought down with one missile!! Oh wai...

Honestly I'd be pretty happy if all missiles with 30kg+ warhead got 10HE, and the planes got increased availability/decreased cost. Current situation when planes are fairly hard to bring down reliably is pretty moronic.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Yeah, and GG gameplay :roll:

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:35

Mitchverr wrote:
Gopblin wrote:Yeah, IRL a plane would never be brought down with one missile!! Oh wai...

Best wishes,
Daniel

Yeah, and GG gameplay :roll:

How is it much of a game play problem if the missile has a ~15-20% chance to kill your 50% ECM wunder weapon plane? Eventually, it all boils down to the dice roll and luck, so I fail to see an issue if part of the game is based on chance/luck, just as in RL.

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 2 Apr 2014 05:39

Cheesehead wrote:How is it much of a game play problem if the missile has a ~15-20% chance to kill your 50% ECM wunder weapon plane? Eventually, it all boils down to the dice roll and luck, so I fail to see an issue if part of the game is based on chance/luck, just as in RL.

Because not everyone has a 50% ecm on their plane, most have at most 30%?

Planes as it is are quiet fragile to AA, making AA more effective is just going to well, cripple it in many aspects.

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 06:05

Mitchverr wrote:If thats the case, can we get a 90% hit chance for starstreak? considering it is technically firing 3 missiles in 1 go, thus representing all missile chance to hit as this was designed in order to keep the target hit even with say, 1 of the 3 missiles failing.

Also blowpipe as the most powerful manpads followed with jav, which use a ton of explosives (and their ability to shoot ground targets perhaps).

Seriously, this stuff doesnt do well with "realism" placed on it, it simply doesnt, its better to have balance over "realism".

Did I at any point mention accuracy in the post? Starstreak is obviously a special case, and again, NOT TALKING ABOUT ACCURACY.

Blowpipe, 2.2kg Shaped Charge, 4 HE
Javelin, 2.7kg , 5 HE

Same story, they have the same destructive power as a 30-40kg PL-11 or AIM-7, missiles with 10x more explosive force.
Also false dichotomy about Balance Over Realism.

Realism is Balance, all the threads on this board are mostly about this. Im only pointing out some obvious holes like missiles with larger explosive force that by all accounts have less of it.

Im not trying to be linear here either. 10x more or less power doesnt mean .3HE dmg. Just saying that setting a rough kg= he dmg # and Somewhat sticking to it. In these cases a few rockets such as Magic, Neva, R-40, stand out :idea:

Mitchverr

Postby Mitchverr » Wed 2 Apr 2014 06:16

icehawk308 wrote:Realism is Balance, all the threads on this board are mostly about this. Im only pointing out some obvious holes like missiles with larger explosive force that by all accounts have less of it.

Im not trying to be linear here either. 10x more or less power doesnt mean .3HE dmg. Just saying that setting a rough kg= he dmg # and Somewhat sticking to it. In these cases a few rockets such as Magic, Neva, R-40, stand out :idea:

Actually realism isnt, considering that eugen put in systems designed for mega long range missile defence for some, and only shorad for others, it kinda isnt exactly a possibility within the AA system to have realism and balance.

Its not like with tanks where you get all tanks basically falling under 3 precepts and the same general capability and range.

Cheesehead
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Cheesehead » Wed 2 Apr 2014 06:35

Mitchverr wrote:
Cheesehead wrote:How is it much of a game play problem if the missile has a ~15-20% chance to kill your 50% ECM wunder weapon plane? Eventually, it all boils down to the dice roll and luck, so I fail to see an issue if part of the game is based on chance/luck, just as in RL.

Because not everyone has a 50% ecm on their plane, most have at most 30%?

Planes as it is are quiet fragile to AA, making AA more effective is just going to well, cripple it in many aspects.

Even still, most NATO aircraft ~30%+ and then its still under 33% hit rate. (rough guess) Besides, the max range on the radar R-40 is 5600, which most NATO MRAAM's out-range. Not to mention the small range on the IR version.

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 08:00

Wasent the HE of the R-40 already increased to 8 in ALB? That seems like an overlooked change they didnt implement in RD.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”