So when will the Navies come ?

fizy45
Corporal

So when will the Navies come ?

Postby fizy45 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:03

Everyday I am checking these forums ans hope to see navy addition in patch logs but until now I dont see any...

Where are the Navies you put them in first beta release then take it out why ?

If they are buggy then why dont you fix it until then then pls Eugen make them avalible let us test and find out bugs together.

core.-
Master Sergeant

Re: So when will the Navies come ?

Postby core.- » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:27

Just fyi. Its not a "navy addition" its just them releasing a map with a naval aspect.

Also, just be patient. The game is still pretty far from release.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

JBravo
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby JBravo » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:39

It was broken in the closed beta so they are fixing it.

kiarr
Master Sergeant

Postby kiarr » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:40

core.- wrote:Just fyi. Its not a "navy addition" its just them releasing a map with a naval aspect.

Also, just be patient. The game is still pretty far from release.

15 days is not far from release
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

the huanglong
Warrant Officer

Postby the huanglong » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:40

I'm psyched for landing troops more than shipped. For those of you in closed, how well did they work? For assaults or as reinforcements?

mokkc1999
Sergeant First-Class

Postby mokkc1999 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:47

wts the issue with the ships, is it about the unbalance??

ChrisCullen Inc
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby ChrisCullen Inc » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:50

The closed beta testers had several collective concerns about the naval combat and these are being addressed. Looking at how many threads there already are regarding just the land and current amphibious combat, if the naval maps were also available the forum would just be a complete cluster*.

Partizaan
Sergeant Major

Postby Partizaan » Wed 2 Apr 2014 14:55

mokkc1999 wrote:wts the issue with the ships, is it about the unbalance??

Was not about balance, was about the overall game expirience in regard to naval combat which was utterly unpleasant and boring.
It's a very good sign that it takes so long because that hints into the direction of a complete overhaul, which has been absolutely neccessary.

fizy45
Corporal

Postby fizy45 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 15:36

Partizaan wrote:
mokkc1999 wrote:wts the issue with the ships, is it about the unbalance??

Was not about balance, was about the overall game expirience in regard to naval combat which was utterly unpleasant and boring.
It's a very good sign that it takes so long because that hints into the direction of a complete overhaul, which has been absolutely neccessary.

Why it was unpleasent what problems for example I would really like to know ?

core.-
Master Sergeant

Postby core.- » Wed 2 Apr 2014 16:59

It was simply a matter of "Who fielded the most had won"

This was due to the completely unbalanced and overpowered CIWS that was slaved to be able to shoot down the AsHM that were incoming to other ships. This meant that in order to win all you had to do was have MORE CIWS. The ranges for the ships and the sizes of the maps were completely ridiculous. With the ability to fire nearly from spawn to spawn with AsHM.

This basically resulted in: Win the initial naval fight by having more ships and make it impossible for your enemy to spawn anymore and build up a sizeable amount to counteroffensive. This lead to the following issue: There arent enough counters to ships other than ships. Once you controlled the seas there was no way your opponent would ever be able to destroy your ships. These things being jack-of-all-trades afterall.

Then the "capship" issue, every 100 point ship was able to cap points. We hoped that capships would be 300-450 since they are "the strongest" vessels aswell or that they would make it so you needed a specialized ultra weak capship, in which case infantry cv should have been sufficient.

For those of us who played closed beta. Please be absolutely relieved that the game you paid for does not include the "naval" aspect we had during CBT. And pray that the new system will not even remotely look like the old.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”