So when will the Navies come ?

The W:AB Noob
Lieutenant General

Re: So when will the Navies come ?

Postby The W:AB Noob » Wed 2 Apr 2014 17:01

fizy45 wrote:
Partizaan wrote:
mokkc1999 wrote:wts the issue with the ships, is it about the unbalance??

Was not about balance, was about the overall game expirience in regard to naval combat which was utterly unpleasant and boring.
It's a very good sign that it takes so long because that hints into the direction of a complete overhaul, which has been absolutely neccessary.

Why it was unpleasent what problems for example I would really like to know ?

The main thing is the fact that ships were controllable by enemies and teammates.
But also, anti-ship missiles didn't hit anything, they were always shot down, and naval warfare was practically a whole different battlefield. Rarely could ships help out with the ground forces and vice-versa.
W:RD Sandbox Mod 5.4.3 Click -> Image

core.-
Master Sergeant

Postby core.- » Wed 2 Apr 2014 17:04

The W:AB Noob wrote:The main thing is the fact that ships were controllable by enemies and teammates.

Completely SEPERATE issue that persisted from EE to ALB to RD. Had nothing to do with naval units.

The W:AB Noob wrote:But also, anti-ship missiles didn't hit anything, they were always shot down, and naval warfare was practically a whole different battlefield. Rarely could ships help out with the ground forces and vice-versa.

This part is true enough.
Please check out my Twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/CoreofexisteNz

For highlights of previous games and matches of Wargame: Red Dragon please check out my videos page on twitch here

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Wed 2 Apr 2014 17:10

Land based systems would be nice.

hansen2220
Corporal

Postby hansen2220 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 17:42

the huanglong wrote:I'm psyched for landing troops more than shipped. For those of you in closed, how well did they work? For assaults or as reinforcements?

Well you had to secure the beaches first and than after that it takes a time to get the landingships there and if that attack fails you wont be able to get reinforcement for some time but i all depends on the map...

Bluecewe
Sergeant Major

Postby Bluecewe » Wed 2 Apr 2014 18:02

Partizaan wrote:It's a very good sign that it takes so long because that hints into the direction of a complete overhaul, which has been absolutely neccessary.

I've been hoping that this is the case. While the changes that Eugen outlined at the end of the closed beta were welcome, more fundamental changes were needed. The length of time that Eugen appear to be taking to change the naval implementation would indicate that they are attempting to introduce fundamental changes, such as major changes to the naval implementation's integration within the deck system. It does concern me, however, that Eugen lacks the freedom of time, as the expected release date is rapidly approaching, and an unfinished naval rework would not be desirable at release. Pushing back the expected release date or holding back the naval component at release may be options Eugen will have to consider.

fizy45
Corporal

Postby fizy45 » Wed 2 Apr 2014 18:37

Bluecewe wrote:
Partizaan wrote:It's a very good sign that it takes so long because that hints into the direction of a complete overhaul, which has been absolutely neccessary.

I've been hoping that this is the case. While the changes that Eugen outlined at the end of the closed beta were welcome, more fundamental changes were needed. The length of time that Eugen appear to be taking to change the naval implementation would indicate that they are attempting to introduce fundamental changes, such as major changes to the naval implementation's integration within the deck system. It does concern me, however, that Eugen lacks the freedom of time, as the expected release date is rapidly approaching, and an unfinished naval rework would not be desirable at release. Pushing back the expected release date or holding back the naval component at release may be options Eugen will have to consider.

Well I didnt know about these issues but if maps are fixed and cap ships made much more expansive maybe using navies will result better game.

Also when is the actual release date I searched internet but I couldt find it.

Solo
Brigadier

Postby Solo » Wed 2 Apr 2014 18:45

must...have...navies...

Mr0Buggy
Brigadier

Postby Mr0Buggy » Wed 2 Apr 2014 18:54

Current STEAM release date is 17th April 2014

derrickkolba
First Sergeant

Postby derrickkolba » Wed 2 Apr 2014 19:06

they should at least let us use river boats till they fix the full naval aspect.

troublmaker
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby troublmaker » Wed 2 Apr 2014 19:52

I called up the Queen of Canada. Our fishing boat war navy can be there in a month. If it's Sharknado you'll have to cover the hazard pay.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”