LAV-25 as a transport (Authenticity perspective)

Graphic
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: LAV-25 as a transport (Authenticity perspective)

Postby Graphic » Fri 4 Apr 2014 08:04

Thread cleansed. Any posts not about the LAV-25 get destroyed.
k

jmpveg22
Lieutenant

Postby jmpveg22 » Fri 4 Apr 2014 08:30

A possible negotiation and half way fix to what IS indeed an issue... excuse me if this has already been proposed/discussed.

Why not make LAV-25 transports for exclusively Recon Infantry (5 man Ranger Team)? Seeing as how they are used at Marine Force Recon transports in real life... and always have been.

Also 2 deck slots would severely inhibit their use as the doom cannon they were in ALB. Plus it is actually realistic as to what the USMC used the LAV-25 as.
I think a maximum 0f 12-14 LAV 55 pt (25pts for the ranger team, 30pts for the LAV) Recon teams at lowest experience is fair. And also realistic to their real life role.

Beowlf
First Sergeant

Postby Beowlf » Fri 4 Apr 2014 08:48

Authenticity arguments aside, I think giving it as a possible fast moving ground transport for the Marines wouldn't be a bad idea. With 1-2 cards and similar availability as other nations counterparts.

JalapenoPaul713
Sergeant First-Class

Postby JalapenoPaul713 » Fri 4 Apr 2014 08:56

Beowlf wrote:Authenticity arguments aside, I think giving it as a possible fast moving ground transport for the Marines wouldn't be a bad idea. With 1-2 cards and similar availability as other nations counterparts.

Agreed, the fact that the US doesn't have a fast, wheeled APC is a problem that was created for no reason.

loosebruce
Master Sergeant

Postby loosebruce » Fri 4 Apr 2014 11:43

In the realism TV series Generation Kill;

There was a LAV platoon that was part of the 1st RCB that provided support for the Recon marines.

Bryan
General

Postby Bryan » Fri 4 Apr 2014 11:53

loosebruce wrote:In the realism TV series Generation Kill;

There was a LAV platoon that was part of the 1st RCB that provided support for the Recon marines.

That was an LAR platoon.
Light Armoured Reconnaissance.

They even mentioned 'LAR' a few times.

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 4 Apr 2014 14:28

jmpveg22 wrote:A possible negotiation and half way fix to what IS indeed an issue... excuse me if this has already been proposed/discussed.

Why not make LAV-25 transports for exclusively Recon Infantry (5 man Ranger Team)? Seeing as how they are used at Marine Force Recon transports in real life... and always have been.

Also 2 deck slots would severely inhibit their use as the doom cannon they were in ALB. Plus it is actually realistic as to what the USMC used the LAV-25 as.
I think a maximum 0f 12-14 LAV 55 pt (25pts for the ranger team, 30pts for the LAV) Recon teams at lowest experience is fair. And also realistic to their real life role.

as people have said earlier, the most common infantry type they would carry is 0311s...
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Fri 4 Apr 2014 14:33

(Just theorizing)

What if... they gave it transport capabilities, but didn't attach it to a inf squad. i.e. the LAV-25FSV can carry infantry, but can't be called in with infantry?

Actually this seems kinda silly. :lol:
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

trotskygrad
General

Postby trotskygrad » Fri 4 Apr 2014 14:38

Bullfrog wrote:(Just theorizing)

What if... they gave it transport capabilities, but didn't attach it to a inf squad. i.e. the LAV-25FSV can carry infantry, but can't be called in with infantry?

Actually this seems kinda silly. :lol:

you're just talking crazytalk

there is literally no reason for the LAV to be separate when stuff like BTR-80A, BTR-90, VAB/T20 exists.
NEXT TIME I SEE A DAMN FLAMEWAR INVOLVING DARTH-LAMPSHADE, FROSTPOOKY, LONERIFLE, FADE2GRAY, TROTSKYGRAD AND/OR ANYONE INVOLVED IN A DISCUSSION BETWEEN THEM I'M GOING TO HAND OUT BANS TO ANYONE USING ANYTHING LOOKING REMOTELY LIKE AN AD-HOMINEM

Bullfrog
General

Postby Bullfrog » Fri 4 Apr 2014 14:39

trotskygrad wrote:
you're just talking crazytalk

Haha for give me, I just woke up :oops:
Does not affiliate with members who post in #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”