What Happened?

Iris
Brigadier

What Happened?

Postby Iris » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:24

Your website, steam, and several other places have advertised that every nation in the game would have ships, before CBT and OBT.

The presskit since it came out on Focus's website has said every nation would have ships, not naval units, ships. Several pages on your main site and the steam page either outright say it or insinuate it with the language.

Why was this propagated if it was never going to happen? I've told several of my friends the game would have ships for all the cool nations, and we were pretty excited. Now that it's fairly clear that it won't be the case, I've had/have to tell my friends from the experience in closed beta testing and open beta testing that this will never happen. Now I can't get any of them to even buy it.

I've seen it claimed on the forum here that it was never stated that there would be ships for all nations, but it has been stated throughout several mediums by official Eugen and Focus representatives; both of your websites in particular.

I mean the most damning quote is the "Each nation in the game therefore has a range of warships; from modest landing craft to destroyers via frigates, corvettes and patrol vessels."

Since it's in the "Not now, not near future, probably not ever" phase of that reality happening, I'd like to know why it won't be happening.

Moonijuana
Sergeant

Re: What Happened?

Postby Moonijuana » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:28

Every nation does have ships, they're shared as a coalition. Show me in the language where it says each individual nation will have each an individual navy made up of individual ships.

Especially since the Czechs are a landlocked peoples.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:29

I think a money issue is likely to blame. Those ship models, while beautiful would take a lot of hours to make.

I personally would be fine with each coalition having its share of ships and naval air assets that can be accessed by all of the nations in it.

Oh god, not him...

Moonijuana wrote:Every nation does have ships, they're shared as a coalition. Show me in the language where it says each individual nation will have each an individual navy made up of individual ships.

Please read the bold text Iris has provided in the OP.
Last edited by SKLKNKR on Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:33, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

another505
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby another505 » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:33

Moonijuana wrote:Every nation does have ships, they're shared as a coalition. Show me in the language where it says each individual nation will have each an individual navy made up of individual ships.

wow that is pretty deceptive english
It is quite clear to imply in that ad is saying each individual nation with have their full range navy

of course czech wont, but that quote really implies a full range of warship
Of Salt

Moonijuana
Sergeant

Postby Moonijuana » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:34

SKLKNKR wrote:I think a money issue is likely to blame. Those ship models, while beautiful would take a lot of hours to make.

I personally would be fine with each coalition having its share of ships and naval air assets that can be accessed by all of the nations in it.

Oh god, not him...

Eugen never advertised for independent navies. Especially considering the Czechoslovakians are landlocked and would be especially gimped in Naval Battle as their river barges face off against the might of Her Majesty's Navy.

It was designed as coalition from the start and Eugen never promised individual nations their own navies.
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Fri 4 Apr 2014 06:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory

katt
Lieutenant General

Postby katt » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:36

another505 wrote:

It is quite clear to imply in that ad is saying each individual nation with have their full range navy

They do.
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人◕ ‿‿ ◕人

Iris
Brigadier

Postby Iris » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:37

Moonijuana wrote:It was designed as coalition from the start and Eugen never promised individual nations their own navies.

SKLKNKR
Brigadier

Postby SKLKNKR » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:37

Moonijuana wrote:What's wrong Behbeh, do you need a hug?

Eugen never advertised for independent navies. Especially considering the Czechoslovakians are landlocked and would be especially gimped in Naval Battle as their river barges face off against the might of Her Majesty's Navy.

It was designed as coalition from the start and Eugen never promised individual nations their own navies.

Did you read the bold text? Or the MASSIVE gray graphic in the center right of the picture? Even if they promised Coalition navies they would still be going against their word.
Spoiler : :
ImageImageImageImage

Thanks to F-22 for the avatar and Iris for the signature

Moonijuana
Sergeant

Postby Moonijuana » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:40

another505 wrote:

of course czech wont, but that quote really implies a full range of warship

I disagree, it clearly says to me that each Nation will have a range of Naval units to choose from. Again, to advertise each individual nation as having a navy would be more deceptive considering that Czechs would be left out. So by default if Eugen created Navies for all nations but the Czechs they would have been liars, so it's much more plausible without implication that they always desired to offer a coalition.

Moonijuana
Sergeant

Postby Moonijuana » Fri 4 Apr 2014 05:41

Iris wrote:
Moonijuana wrote:It was designed as coalition from the start and Eugen never promised individual nations their own navies.

Your point? Each nation does have a range of naval units and ships to chose from. There's nothing in that paragraph that did not exist in the closed beta.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”