u.s. helos compared to russian helos

ROFLtheWAFL
Warrant Officer

Re: u.s. helos compared to russian helos

Postby ROFLtheWAFL » Sat 12 Apr 2014 02:57

WestWarren wrote:and besides the apache is OP as hell to begin with, to be nearly the same priced as the mi-28

apache's missile hasnt even hit the target, and it launches another one

It's called Fire and Forget. It lets units fire as soon as the next missile is locked and ready. Though agreed that Mi-28 should receive a price buff and AP buff for Atakas.

As for your earlier comment towards Akulas vs. Super Cobras, Akulas have armor, 2 more HP, medium optics (as opposed to bad), medium stealth (as opposed to none), 4 more ATGMs, SA trait for those missiles (Can fire on the move), and two more AAMs. The AIM-9Ns on the Super Cobra are nifty, but in practice aren't exactly game changing. They can kill a grand total of 1 soviet chopper or aircraft. The Akula can kill 2, 4 if they're engaging Hueys.

WestWarren
Master Sergeant

Postby WestWarren » Sat 12 Apr 2014 19:01

ROFLtheWAFL wrote:
WestWarren wrote:and besides the apache is OP as hell to begin with, to be nearly the same priced as the mi-28

apache's missile hasnt even hit the target, and it launches another one

It's called Fire and Forget. It lets units fire as soon as the next missile is locked and ready. Though agreed that Mi-28 should receive a price buff and AP buff for Atakas.

As for your earlier comment towards Akulas vs. Super Cobras, Akulas have armor, 2 more HP, medium optics (as opposed to bad), medium stealth (as opposed to none), 4 more ATGMs, SA trait for those missiles (Can fire on the move), and two more AAMs. The AIM-9Ns on the Super Cobra are nifty, but in practice aren't exactly game changing. They can kill a grand total of 1 soviet chopper or aircraft. The Akula can kill 2, 4 if they're engaging Hueys.

Lol omg guys, hueys are coming right at us

Dude, it COULD shoot down 2, on a petfect day

Super cobras arent game changin, but neither is the akula in this current state

Super cobras, could kill fighter and bombers, I always have 2 around, and every game, I shoot down a few fixed wkng aircrafts with my super cobras, akulas aa range towards jets is pretty bad, by the time they are about to aim, the jet shoots and stuns the akula

Sure range wise akula is great, bit at the cost of 50 perecent accuracy, there are times where you could sometimes waste half your missiles till you kill the target

Super cobra 70 percent accuracy, range, not as good, but hey, if your smart, and manuever super cobra, and strike when iron is hot, its deadlier than akula in my eyes

WestWarren
Master Sergeant

Postby WestWarren » Sat 12 Apr 2014 19:19

Corsair wrote:Ka-50 should fire volleys of two missiles, as it does in real life. That'd give it a neat advantage.

I like this idea

CornProducts
Colonel

Postby CornProducts » Sun 13 Apr 2014 02:11

Arch wrote:Personally, every unit under my control feels overwhelmingly weak 99% of the time, and every unit in the enemy's hands feels better than mine 100% of the time, and I swear that they have two for every one I have. :lol:

I think that's how it's supposed to be.

:D

CommissarDornez
Warrant Officer

Postby CommissarDornez » Sun 13 Apr 2014 02:50

I think the majority of helos are fine, the biggest problem I honestly have is the Longbow vs the Ka-52, the Ka-52 being next to useless as a 150 point heli.
If it could actually hit with those missiles it might fulfill a nice niche but at the moment it's just a far inferior alternative to what the AH-64D offers.

Sure the Ka-52 has stealth, but it's actual combat ability is worthless whereas the longbow can stop an entire army on its own.
Support the Trabant revolution! Click above for the Glorious Trabant Mod!

WestWarren
Master Sergeant

Postby WestWarren » Mon 14 Apr 2014 06:10

CommissarDornez wrote:I think the majority of helos are fine, the biggest problem I honestly have is the Longbow vs the Ka-52, the Ka-52 being next to useless as a 150 point heli.
If it could actually hit with those missiles it might fulfill a nice niche but at the moment it's just a far inferior alternative to what the AH-64D offers.

Sure the Ka-52 has stealth, but it's actual combat ability is worthless whereas the longbow can stop an entire army on its own.

for NATO, you get what you pay for, for pact on the other hand, not exactly the same for some reason

i dont want a price buff, i just want to get what i paid for

i want them to buff to make the attack helos of pact more viable

AKULA is in dire needs of a lil bit more accuracy, i say make its AT missile 60% accurate

mi-28, i think maybe a small +1 or +2 AP buff, and +1 frontal armor outta do the trick

as for speed, they look like heavy helos to begin with, so i believe they should stay the same

Amur_Tiger
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Amur_Tiger » Mon 14 Apr 2014 07:28

CommissarDornez wrote:I think the majority of helos are fine, the biggest problem I honestly have is the Longbow vs the Ka-52, the Ka-52 being next to useless as a 150 point heli.

Definitely agree with you on the Ka-52, while I don't mind that they end up being these very niche units with their SEAD, reducing the overall utility of this excellent optics recon Gunship I do mind that it's yet another cut into USSR's heavy tank killing tools.

The Mi-28 and hinds lack the AP and the paltry availability of Ka-52s mean that in a world of Celtics, 70% accurate manpads and planes you can find your heliborn anti-tank heavily neutered awfully fast. Compared to the prolific 9 Hellfire armed Apaches and 8 Hot armed Tigers.... Ka-50 could really use another card. ( as could the Mi-28 with a reduction to two per card)

S-8coming
Sergeant Major

Postby S-8coming » Mon 14 Apr 2014 07:56

Dont forget to compare autocannons on apache, tiger and akula, havoc… they have got stabilizer like guns on vehicles which havent got any!!!!!

Breadbox
Captain

Postby Breadbox » Mon 14 Apr 2014 16:04

Concrete pictorial evidence of the superiority of Russian helicopters over HATO helicopters:Mi24 can into SPACE

But I think we can all agree that KA52 is a worthless unit.

icehawk308
Major

Postby icehawk308 » Mon 14 Apr 2014 16:24

Wintermote wrote:Also, USSR is lacking seriously in a cheap AA helicopter.

No, the Akula is not an effective AA helicopter. Both Akulas are low availability, expensive and play important roles in the game that don't involve hunting down other helicopters.

It's trivial to send a couple transport helicopters as a screen at an akula with an OH58's following behind to take it out for a fraction of the cost.

If the only NATO helicopter equipped with AA missiles was the Apache, you'd all be complaining about the lack of AA helicopters too.

Have a whole thread on this in the Suggestion forum. Especially Mi-8AMTSh (4/8 x Igla), Mi-24K with R-60s, would make fine additons for balancing. :idea:
viewtopic.php?f=160&t=43323

Breadbox wrote:But I think we can all agree that KA52 is a worthless unit.

Cant it mount 4 Kh-25? as two pylons are completely empty??? :|
Last edited by icehawk308 on Mon 14 Apr 2014 16:43, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”