Marine deck - a little suggestion

Scharnberg
Master Sergeant

Marine deck - a little suggestion

Postby Scharnberg » Mon 7 Apr 2014 00:14

I have found and quite annoying problem. I wanted to play a Red Dragon Marine Deck (amphibious one) only to end up finding out mid game that after i crossed a dammed river my units run out of fuel and because it was a Red Dragon Marine Deck i could not get any supply units over to them because they dont have any " amphibious supply units or Marine deck supply helicopters". There is only 3 major factions which dont have amphibious supply units and they are "Euro Corp , Red Dragons and Eastern Block". And as China is the only faction with amphibious tanks (And they even have 17 ap missiles :D), its really annoying there is no way of refueling them in a marine deck.

The suggestion:
It could be nice if Red dragon and Eastern Block got access to USSR "MTB-LB amphibious supply unit"

And give Euro Corp access to Englands "ALVIS STALWART".

Thats pretty much it. I really hope you think about my sugestion as it makes amphibious gameplay more plausible.
Pro Rege Et Grege

the huanglong
Warrant Officer

Re: Marine deck - a little suggestion

Postby the huanglong » Mon 7 Apr 2014 00:25

How deep was the water? Supply ships might help in later builds. Realistically though, popping open your fuel cap on the high seas is probably not a good idea. Staging ground on the beach next time.

DanJLloyd
Sergeant Major

Postby DanJLloyd » Mon 7 Apr 2014 00:28

Supply ships won't make a difference on non naval maps. I had the exacr same problem today and relied on my infantry to steal enemy supply trucks to refuel my transports. Fun little game but it really halted my assault.

T80U = tankbankai
Captain

Postby T80U = tankbankai » Mon 7 Apr 2014 00:54

Scharnberg wrote:I have found and quite annoying problem. I wanted to play a Red Dragon Marine Deck (amphibious one) only to end up finding out mid game that after i crossed a dammed river my units run out of fuel and because it was a Red Dragon Marine Deck i could not get any supply units over to them because they dont have any " amphibious supply units or Marine deck supply helicopters". There is only 3 major factions which dont have amphibious supply units and they are "Euro Corp , Red Dragons and Eastern Block". And as China is the only faction with amphibious tanks (And they even have 17 ap missiles :D), its really annoying there is no way of refueling them in a marine deck.

The suggestion:
It could be nice if Red dragon and Eastern Block got access to USSR "MTB-LB amphibious supply unit"

And give Euro Corp access to Englands "ALVIS STALWART".

Thats pretty much it. I really hope you think about my sugestion as it makes amphibious gameplay more plausible.

You won't find countries operating units they never owned so no Stalwart for euro corps. (NK might operate the MT LB but I can't confirm.)

My advice is to fuel up before going in the see/large body of water, I did a cross map landing on Back to Inchon with My Chinese mechanized deck, it had mortar carriers and Infantry in APC's. but I refueled them before they set off, they made it to the shore (Had some infantry as a guard for the CV and a hawk battery but that was it.) with fuel left but if I hadn't fueled them up before they would have been stuck near the beach they were suppose to land on!

In naval maps you can call in supply ships so that should help.
Wargame: Mediterranean Factions/Thread Of The Year
Countess Bathory wrote:Nearly all of humanity's problems could be solved by delicious fried chicken.

Scharnberg
Master Sergeant

Postby Scharnberg » Mon 7 Apr 2014 00:54

It wasnt the high seas, it was that large river on the 4on4 map floods. And had just refuled but only managed to get to the enemy town and take it but then i ran out of fuel in the middle of the town. Then they called in a few heliopters to snipe all my nice "stationary" units :(.
Pro Rege Et Grege

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”