The one thing that make REDFOR so weak

vognal
First Sergeant
Posts: 218
Joined: Wed 2 Jan 2013 16:25
Contact:

The one thing that make REDFOR so weak

Postby vognal » Mon 7 Apr 2014 12:46

Their anti-air missle support units

BLUFOR cheap, very accurate, lots of missiles, reliable and lots available per card

e.g roland 3, stormer HMV, ADATS etc...........available across pretty much most nations !

I really find this to be so important as it provides the best cover for helos and airplanes EARLY game, MID game and LATE game

this for me is the single most important reason why i play BLUFOR instead of REDFOR

REDFOR units are either too expensive, or too few in missles, or too inaccurate

anyone else find this to be such an important reason why they are not playing REDFOR?

Honestly, if there was more of a balance here, I would seriously consider playing red team more (if not all the time)

orcbuster wrote: No need for caps to make your point

User avatar
KittyKitsune
Captain
Posts: 1716
Joined: Thu 23 Feb 2012 22:43
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby KittyKitsune » Mon 7 Apr 2014 12:57

You know I play full games without getting a single support AA unit. Currently FJB, Igla-M and Sokols are the only non plane based AA i get as redfor, and it works okay.
Image
SUFNEP - Superior Unit For No Extra Points
WUWME - Worse Unit While More Expensive

User avatar
REDDQ
General
Posts: 6906
Joined: Thu 12 Apr 2012 03:13
Location: przy stole.
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby REDDQ » Mon 7 Apr 2014 13:03

vognal wrote:Their anti-air missle support units

BLUFOR cheap, very accurate, lots of missiles, reliable and lots available per card

e.g roland 3, stormer HMV, ADATS etc...........available across pretty much most nations !

I really find this to be so important as it provides the best cover for helos and airplanes EARLY game, MID game and LATE game

this for me is the single most important reason why i play BLUFOR instead of REDFOR

REDFOR units are either too expensive, or too few in missles, or too inaccurate

anyone else find this to be such an important reason why they are not playing REDFOR?

Honestly, if there was more of a balance here, I would seriously consider playing red team more (if not all the time)

MTLB Strela-10 is quite okay.

User avatar
frostypooky
Lieutenant General
Posts: 4334
Joined: Thu 1 Aug 2013 14:12
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby frostypooky » Mon 7 Apr 2014 13:11

PGZ-80 + Neva spam. Make it rain baby

User avatar
Mitchverr
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!
Posts: 10646
Joined: Sat 24 Mar 2012 18:08
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby Mitchverr » Mon 7 Apr 2014 13:19

Redfor has their own, however you pay extra for armor, more guns bigger guns better guns and such like. You do however get options of comparable power (cough tor, also asymetric balancing)

NATO nations didnt make them into death machines, redfor did for the most part.

(also the HVM not HMV, it isnt a superstore :lol:)


Sure some price changes still need to kick in though, but heh, most part its a-ok.
Image

User avatar
DiabloTigerSix
Colonel
Posts: 2581
Joined: Tue 14 Feb 2012 21:06
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby DiabloTigerSix » Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:20

REDDQ wrote:
vognal wrote:Their anti-air missle support units

BLUFOR cheap, very accurate, lots of missiles, reliable and lots available per card

e.g roland 3, stormer HMV, ADATS etc...........available across pretty much most nations !

I really find this to be so important as it provides the best cover for helos and airplanes EARLY game, MID game and LATE game

this for me is the single most important reason why i play BLUFOR instead of REDFOR

REDFOR units are either too expensive, or too few in missles, or too inaccurate

anyone else find this to be such an important reason why they are not playing REDFOR?

Honestly, if there was more of a balance here, I would seriously consider playing red team more (if not all the time)

MTLB Strela-10 is quite okay.

MTLB Strela-10 needs to be nerfed back to 2450m. No way it should be on par with the base M48 Chaparral.
Strela 1 and 1M need HE buffs (5HE). And by the way, so do RBS-70/90 (4/5HE).

User avatar
Rosalis
Master Sergeant
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon 8 Jul 2013 03:18

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby Rosalis » Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:21

AA is probably the last category Redforce can complain about. OK second to last after napalm and flame infantry.

Only the NSWP have bad and limited choices.

User avatar
Vasily Krysov
Colonel
Posts: 2671
Joined: Mon 2 Apr 2012 09:27

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby Vasily Krysov » Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:25

Mitchverr wrote:Redfor has their own, however you pay extra for armor, more guns bigger guns better guns and such like. You do however get options of comparable power (cough tor, also asymetric balancing)

NATO nations didnt make them into death machines, redfor did for the most part.

(also the HVM not HMV, it isnt a superstore :lol:)


Sure some price changes still need to kick in though, but heh, most part its a-ok.


Tor is +20 points over the AMX Roland-3 for only +350m AA(jet/helo) range and less accuracy. Has far less armor too. :roll:

User avatar
RangerPL
Major
Posts: 1909
Joined: Thu 27 Jun 2013 08:26
Location: ostrichland
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby RangerPL » Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:27

Vasily Krysov wrote:Tor is +20 points over the AMX Roland-3 for only +350m AA(jet/helo) range and less accuracy. Has far less armor too. :roll:

That's okay because asymmetric balancing.
Image

User avatar
Arch
Lieutenant
Posts: 1146
Joined: Sat 11 May 2013 13:13
Contact:

Re: The ONE THING that make REDFOR so WEAK

Postby Arch » Mon 7 Apr 2014 15:30

Use gun AA mainly.

There's a thing called asymmetric balance, and seeing as the only decent high end SAM we have ingame is the TOR, you have to rely more on gun AA, especially with minors.
I myself don't have problems with AA, the opposite actually, so I'm sorry but l2p.

There are more pressing matters than missile AA, and I have to say that when I play NATO, without my super high end gun AA, I have problems killing Mi-28's as nice as I'd like due to the lack of heavy damage, 2800m range AAA.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests