On solo campaigns ....

Guggy
General

Re: On solo campaigns ....

Postby Guggy » Wed 16 Apr 2014 21:40

sonofliber wrote:
Crotou wrote:They have the mighty marshalls to beta test the campaign. So, if it doesn't pleases you tomorrow, just flame them. :twisted:

like they beta test alb campaing coff coff ? :twisted:

I do it almost exclusively. Its the main mode I play.

Other Marshalls have been working as well to test them too, of course!
Last edited by Guggy on Wed 16 Apr 2014 22:59, edited 1 time in total.

AntiCommie
Corporal

Postby AntiCommie » Wed 16 Apr 2014 22:12

Any plans for European campaigns? I like the 5 listed so far, but a remake of the ALB campaigns or something in Germany would be nice too. Actually, a remade EE would be great with the new features from RD.

I would gladly pay for SP DLC.

feeblezak
Lieutenant

Postby feeblezak » Wed 16 Apr 2014 22:13

Looks Awesome!
Give the MiG-19PFM its 5600m Missile back!!
If Someone could tell the drivers of the T-72M1M's and T-72B's to close their hatches, cheers.

RCMW
Sergeant

Postby RCMW » Wed 16 Apr 2014 23:43

Would love a campaign set in Germany between NATO and PACT. A dynamic one with the new features but letting us fight in the classic Cold War setting.

Would need to reuse the trees and town models from ALB though to create some new maps. I know this would not be a simple thing to add.

Jamaize
First Sergeant

Postby Jamaize » Thu 17 Apr 2014 00:34

The strategic chessboard map in AlB was awesome, most features seem to be on display in the screenshots so I remain hopeful you've only added a dash of colour rather than heavy RNG. I'd have been very happy with a mere 1 minute introductory video just to paint a bit of a picture before you go into strat map. The implementation of moral/energy to battle groups was pretty weak IMO, curious if a new system will be implemented.

The 'attachment' to battle groups is an awesome way of dealing with 1 of your armies going on a tea break in the 20 minutes your next battle-group fights an enemy in the same town - much improved. (assuming that's what's going on here?)

I've tried to search for the new solution to the real problem of single player (below), if someone could enlighten me on how this has been addressed beyond 'asking hob nicely' I would appreciate it:

Time limts being the basis of the end of a day's fighting. 20 minutes (in which time if you're rushing you can perform 4 strategic maneuvers) of CV rushes where all your tactical movement is undone when everyone of your units plays musical chairs and scurries back to the nearest commander only to have a full battalion of tanks pop out of the forward commanders a*se the next morning to walk into the AIs base.

Spoiler : :
I could go on for hours about all the wonderful things this time limit removes from the game but I'm yet to speak to one person who appreciates not being able to cut supply lines etc. for more than 2 minutes before the dinner bell rings. Realising that setting off on an epic flanking maneuver at 15 minutes is of no value because the attack won't come to fruition until 21 minutes (well past my soldier's bed time). Made the whole thing unplayable unless you imagined the game had no context and was just a mini game of floating numbers. It's is simply this that ruined immersion IMO and no amount of cut scenes is going to sweeten that if it's still in the game.

Zaydin
Private

Postby Zaydin » Thu 17 Apr 2014 00:55

Honestly, I'd love something akin to a Grand Campaign, ALA Europa Universalis IV or the Total War series. A little less structured and a bit more open ended and replayable. Random events, possibly based on how well the war is going for your nation, could be fun, too.

Guggy
General

Postby Guggy » Thu 17 Apr 2014 01:09

Jamaize wrote:Time limts being the basis of the end of a day's fighting. 20 minutes (in which time if you're rushing you can perform 4 strategic maneuvers) of CV rushes where all your tactical movement is undone when everyone of your units plays musical chairs and scurries back to the nearest commander only to have a full battalion of tanks pop out of the forward commanders a*se the next morning to walk into the AIs base.

Thankfully, mod tools allow tweaking of the time-limit now :twisted:

RCMW
Sergeant

Postby RCMW » Thu 17 Apr 2014 01:14

That's a very good point. Have the ridiculous 20min time limits been removed or increased?

Wargame is a slow paced game by design and trying to cram battles into 20min was terrible. 40-60min maybe but not 20min! Would love an answer to this but can just see tomorrow if not...

Kraxis
Major-General

Postby Kraxis » Thu 17 Apr 2014 01:47

RCMW wrote:That's a very good point. Have the ridiculous 20min time limits been removed or increased?

Wargame is a slow paced game by design and trying to cram battles into 20min was terrible. 40-60min maybe but not 20min! Would love an answer to this but can just see tomorrow if not...

30 minutes would be plenty, but that time the killscore would in most cases have run up. And a bit of pressure isn't bad. But 20 was too little. So I want to know too.

Also, are the campaigns still conducted in Destruction? I would think that in most cases it would be better with Conquest. Paying out your ears in infantry and vehicles to hold onto sector X while your armoured forces conduct a strategic encirclement. In regular Destruction the heavy losses in the holding sector would just mean the enemy burned through, regardless of who actually held onto stuff.
[EUG]MadMat wrote:MadMat says so many things ... :twisted:

Tonci87
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Tonci87 » Thu 17 Apr 2014 10:24

Yes I also think that Conquest would be better, but I fear that the AI can´t manage it well. And I really hope that the time limit for battles can be changed. 20 minutes is just not enough.
ImageImage
German realism oriented Arma Coop Community http://www.brigade2010.de

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”