USSR AA helicopters

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Re: USSR needs AA choppers

Postby Seer7 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:28

dzimmu wrote:3 helicopters have MANPADS with a range of 2600 meters for the price of analogue euro Corps (reconnaissance tiger) is enough for that would solve the problem of aa Soviet helicopters.

I would suggest the Ka-52 be priced the same as the PAH-2 Tiger though (120 points) considering it carries SEAD missiles, which are highly situational and supply intensive. The KA-52 at 130 points sounds about right. You'd need to buff the Mi-28 price as well, perhaps down to 125 points if we're sticking to the '5 less points than the Akula' system. All of this would impact the AH-64D Longbow, so that'd need a price buff too. You'd also have to look at the price of the Supercobra. Kind of a domino effect.

Edit:
guynumber7 wrote:I would actually support making the KA-52 cheaper and giving it Igla-1Ms.

The KA-50 should also get Igla-1Ms, but remain as expensive as it is.

That would avoid repricing the Longbow and the Mi-28 at least.
Last edited by Seer7 on Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:34, edited 2 times in total.

Delicious RBKs
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Delicious RBKs » Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:30

guynumber7 wrote:I would actually support making the KA-52 cheaper and giving it Igla-1Ms.

Nah, leave the Ka-52 where it is, give it the Igla-1M and give its Kh-25MLs accuracy and stabilisation worth the cost; at the moment the missiles barely ever hit, better they did, than the chopper be simply cheaper.
MadMat explanation of 90s protos; viewtopic.php?f=155&t=43932&start=40#p542783

guynumber7
Captain

Postby guynumber7 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:31

Delicious RBKs wrote:

Nah, leave the Ka-52 where it is, give it the Igla-1M and give its Kh-25MLs accuracy and stabilisation worth the cost; at the moment the missiles barely ever hit, better they did, than the chopper be simply cheaper.

Sounds good as well.

I actually kind of miss the old Ka-50 from ALB with the two KH-25s that were NOT anti radar missiles. It was great for picking off M1A1s.
youtube.com/guynumber7

wargame vids shall be put up

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:36

Lets just copy and paste all the units from one faction to the other. The only thing that needs to be different are the names and models. Then everything will be perfectly balanced. :roll:

...and I bet you a million dollars there would still be whine posts demanding balance changes.

Close the armory and just play the game to have fun.

dzimmu
Second-Lieutenant

Postby dzimmu » Mon 21 Apr 2014 10:44

Seer7 wrote:
dzimmu wrote:3 helicopters have MANPADS with a range of 2600 meters for the price of analogue euro Corps (reconnaissance tiger) is enough for that would solve the problem of aa Soviet helicopters.

I would suggest the Ka-52 be priced the same as the PAH-2 Tiger though (120 points) considering it carries SEAD missiles, which are highly situational and supply intensive. The KA-52 at 130 points sounds about right. You'd need to buff the Mi-28 price as well, perhaps down to 125 points if we're sticking to the '5 less points than the Akula' system. All of this would impact the AH-64D Longbow, so that'd need a price buff too. You'd also have to look at the price of the Supercobra. Kind of a domino effect.

Edit:

That would avoid repricing the Longbow and the Mi-28 at least.
Longbow underestimated. mi28, Ka50, mi24 not need price changes.
panzersaurkrautwefer wrote:Nor has there been a decent explanation why US debt is relevant to the fact the panzersaurkrautwefer are unable to focus on his own problems. Mental exercise: total Russia collapse. Like literally. Customs union falls into a black hole..

SecularSuicide
Master Sergeant

Postby SecularSuicide » Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:21

Jereth wrote:Lets just copy and paste all the units from one faction to the other. The only thing that needs to be different are the names and models. Then everything will be perfectly balanced. :roll:

...and I bet you a million dollars there would still be whine posts demanding balance changes.

Close the armory and just play the game to have fun.

They don't get it.

Use China they have the best AA helo in the game.

Seer7
Warrant Officer

Postby Seer7 » Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:31

dzimmu wrote:Longbow underestimated. mi28, Ka50, mi24 not need price changes.

Not sure what you mean by underestimated, but the Longbow, Mi-28 and Ka-50 are certainly heavy hitters and would probably need to stay expensive, otherwise tanks would be even more vulnerable than they are already. Mi-24 is debatable when you look at the Eurocorps lineup. I'm more inclined to think its Eurocorps that needs price changes than the USSR in that case though.

Jereth wrote:Close the armory and just play the game to have fun.

I do play the game, which is why I'm here arguing for these changes.

SecularSuicide wrote:They don't get it.

Use China they have the best AA helo in the game.

No, its clearly you who 'don't get it'. All you, and some others, have done in this thread is complain that we shouldn't be complaining. Hardly constructive criticism. The solution to the Soviet's problem is not to play RD/China. That's ridiculous.

Argus
Second-Lieutenant

Re: The ONE Soviet unit needed/asked for any DLC- AA Helis

Postby Argus » Mon 21 Apr 2014 11:36

This is definately needed. Its just weird that USSR has no AA heli other than KA52 or KA50. You can make any transport heli into an AA chopper (like they did IRL) but ingame we have nothing -.-

Even poland has Sokols which are nice (but no Celtic)

Only Redfor nation that can do anything about airborne NATO deck is China. They have a glorious AA chopper. But its a shame USSR has none -.-

Jereth
Lieutenant

Postby Jereth » Mon 21 Apr 2014 12:07

Soviet's problem? I don't seem to have this problem with my USSR deck. I guess either you're mistaken or I'm some kind of tactical genius.

People need to be their own worst critic first. Watch the replays of when you lose. There is always something that you could have done differently or better. Cheap AA helo != win. Really the criticism is just as constructive as this topic.
Last edited by Shifu on Mon 21 Apr 2014 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary

orcbuster
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Re: The ONE Soviet unit needed/asked for any DLC- AA Helis

Postby orcbuster » Mon 21 Apr 2014 12:35

merged topics
Viker for ingen!

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”