Giving Tigers Good Stealth is Broken

Misfit
Captain

Re: Giving Tigers Good Stealth is Broken

Postby Misfit » Fri 18 Apr 2014 03:17

REDDQ wrote:
Here is a card of Tunguska. See "Air detection"??? Well, it is here because Tunguska as specialized anti helo unit should be pretty good at detecting helicopters on its own. THAT is the way this game should be played.

I hope it clears the matter even for people with "special" thinking process.

Questions?

Grosnours wrote:AA units detect helicopters with their ground recon detection, this is broken. FLX acknowledged it, so there will be some kind of workaround or fix implemented soon.

Im a bit confused, you are both marshalls right?
Perlen vor die Säue.

Shrike
Lieutenant General

Postby Shrike » Fri 18 Apr 2014 03:51

Considering the fact that there would be a radar post set up outside the battlefield and that many SPAAGs have Radar(Shilka, Gepard, Tunguska, ect) or are radar guided they be able to see them coming.

NATO Potato
Captain

Postby NATO Potato » Fri 18 Apr 2014 04:38

"steelth maneuvers"

frnk
Sergeant Major

Postby frnk » Fri 18 Apr 2014 07:44

:!:
Last edited by Mr0Buggy on Fri 18 Apr 2014 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inflammatory.
smart, fast, flexible

"Don't believe the Hype"

TKN_Jez
Corporal

Postby TKN_Jez » Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:02

Misfit wrote:Im a bit confused, you are both marshalls right?

Yes they are, but one seems not to know that AA reco is broken. Let me explain you : AA unit have 2 type of recon : a ground recon (generally poor or medium) and an air recon (generally very good or excellent). Actually, the fact is that this is broken : instead of using their air recon to spot helcpoters, they do use the ground one. That's why the tiger is "invisible" even so close. And that's why Grosnours explains that's broken, know and will be fixed soon ;)

Grosnours
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Grosnours » Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:26

Albeit confusing, our two statements are actually not at odds. :)
As Jez explained, currently AA units detect helicopters thanks to their ground recon value. Given there is also an air recon value, the ground recon value is not available on the unit card but certainly bad for all AA.
Helicopters should indeed be detected with the air recon value instead, or even better a "helo recon" value should be created. I don't know exactly how it will be fixed, but I trust FLX to make the find a suitable solution.

So while REDDQ was more vehement about pointing what is broken, I was focusing on the fixing part of things.

As a last note, you wouldn't believe how badly marshals sometimes disagree... :lol:

Babubudu
Command Sergeant Major

Postby Babubudu » Fri 18 Apr 2014 09:57

Don't change anything - PLAY EUROCORPS or France No need to play REDFOR - you can have everything better for less with Eurocorp.

T-80U
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby T-80U » Fri 18 Apr 2014 10:02

Stealh choppers are controversional from the very start - i can agree for Akula have medium stealth(to make a difference fron Mi-28), but making a special class of "stealth helicopters" is ridiculous.

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Fri 18 Apr 2014 14:59

SovietComrade wrote:
Mot wrote:Helicopter are below radar detection WHEN the radar detection isn't a few kilometers away.......
If an helicopter can see an unit, the radar of such unit would see the helicopter like he is a christmas tree on a very dark night.

That might be how it works in reality, but this isn't reality is it?

Try reading the whole post and then use your brain to assert a relationship between the premise and the conclusion.

Mot wrote:I think its safe to assume that someone who doesn't have a deep knowledge for such mechanics can assume that damn air detection is what spots helicopters in the game, if not because Airplanes are able to spot helicopters and not ground units, maybe because it makes bloody sense.

The good old "this isn't reality" argument... if I had a penny for each time someone uses it in a pointless way...
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

REDDQ
General

Postby REDDQ » Fri 18 Apr 2014 15:21

Grosnours wrote:

Albeit confusing, our two statements are actually not at odds. :)
As Jez explained, currently AA units detect helicopters thanks to their ground recon value. Given there is also an air recon value, the ground recon value is not available on the unit card but certainly bad for all AA.
Helicopters should indeed be detected with the air recon value instead, or even better a "helo recon" value should be created. I don't know exactly how it will be fixed, but I trust FLX to make the find a suitable solution.

So while REDDQ was more vehement about pointing what is broken, I was focusing on the fixing part of things.

As a last note, you wouldn't believe how badly marshals sometimes disagree... :lol:

Thank you for explaining that ;)

Jeez, reading comprehension of some people in this thread :roll:

Look up word "should" and don't pull out people's post out of context.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”