Chief Warrant Officer

Re: Good work Eugen, I love Wargame

Postby ChrisCullen Inc » Fri 18 Apr 2014 11:04

Indeed, many thanks gents. Now go and enjoy Easter :lol:

Arnie
Sergeant Major

Postby Arnie » Fri 18 Apr 2014 11:19

Totally agree, awesome game. Really love all of the improvements. Great work.

Been a fan since the first W:EE moments I witnessed. 8-)

Pomegranate23
Sergeant Major

Postby Pomegranate23 » Fri 18 Apr 2014 14:59

Good job Eugen :D All aspects of the game have improved from ALB

al-Khidr
Private

Postby al-Khidr » Fri 18 Apr 2014 18:28

Great game. Well done Eugen.

Mot
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Mot » Fri 18 Apr 2014 19:31

The thing is, just because EUGEN does an amazing job on certain areas of the game, that doesn't give them a free pass against criticism where people believe the game is broken.

Also a lot of people who criticize the game probably have more hours dumped into the series than half of the people in this post combined. Criticizing something and being harsh about it doesn't mean hate, in fact it usually means love. If the so-called haters really hated the game, then they wouldn't be playing it, they would make a post about their hate, try a refund with steam and move on.
"I suck at Wargame" or "I have to wait 30 minutes to pubstomp people" are not solid arguments to criticize the game... just saying.

[EUG]MadMat
More than 10 000 messages. Soldier you are the leader of all armies!

Postby [EUG]MadMat » Sat 19 Apr 2014 11:19

Mot wrote:The thing is, just because EUGEN does an amazing job on certain areas of the game, that doesn't give them a free pass against criticism where people believe the game is broken.

Also a lot of people who criticize the game probably have more hours dumped into the series than half of the people in this post combined. Criticizing something and being harsh about it doesn't mean hate, in fact it usually means love. If the so-called haters really hated the game, then they wouldn't be playing it, they would make a post about their hate, try a refund with steam and move on.

Well, there wasn't enough complaint posts around, you couldn't leave that one free of it, could you? :D

captain biggles
Warrant Officer

Postby captain biggles » Sat 19 Apr 2014 11:25

Great job , eugen!
Britain doesn't need better SEAD - it has the Challenger 2 for that.
Spoiler : :
Special thanks to kiheerSEDMAN for the sigs.

Bluecewe
Sergeant Major

Postby Bluecewe » Sat 19 Apr 2014 11:38

Mot wrote:The thing is, just because EUGEN does an amazing job on certain areas of the game, that doesn't give them a free pass against criticism where people believe the game is broken.

Nicely said. For some reason, some people have a strange aversion to critique or skepticism in gaming. If such people were more critical of the games they play, we might enjoy a healthier games scene.

Mikeboy
General

Postby Mikeboy » Sat 19 Apr 2014 12:00

So long as you play it on a non-naval map, it's the best Wargame yet by quite a bit.

Saavedra
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Saavedra » Sat 19 Apr 2014 12:04

Bluecewe wrote:For some reason, some people have a strange aversion to critique or skepticism in gaming. If such people were more critical of the games they play, we might enjoy a healthier games scene.

I think it is more a problem of balance. While critiques show you care about the game, a thread like this shows we appreciate the effort of the game developers. The game and its balancing don´t happen in some mystical vacuum: there are people working on it.

So yeah, criticize everything you want, call the game broken if you must (and sometimes you MUST because the game REALLY is broken at times), but bear in mind you are criticizing someone by extension.

Having one of these threads now and then as a pat on the back for the game developers is good.

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”