Please allow deck restrictions on ranked

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Re: Please allow deck restrictions on ranked

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:15

Bump. I uninstalled the game until at least nation/coalition deck restrictions are in place for ranked (or at least as an option!). The fact is that competitive play is totally unbalanced in the sense that if two players of equal skill meet, then the one with the mixed deck will win if the other brings something else.

Playing against mixed decks is no fun if you dont have a mixed deck of your own (which is lame) and neither is playing in pubs, so goodbye wargame at least for now.

I'd like at least a dev to weigh in and say whether it is an option for the future or not, because if not I can just forget about wargame 100%.

On another note I think allowing mixed decks is a game design flaw in general regardless. It's impossible to balance the game like that.

Option B is to make ALL good newer units prototypes or something, so that you cna only use relatively crappy units in mixed.
Last edited by Doeko on Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:18, edited 1 time in total.

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:17

I'd like ranked to be restricted to some decks that were balanced and units hand picked.

Only problem is, how would it work with all the nations and types we have?

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:19

Arch wrote:I'd like ranked to be restricted to some decks that were balanced and units hand picked.

Wut?

I don't want ranked to be restricted at all, I just would like the OPTION not to play against mixed tryhard cheesedecks (because it forces me to eithre a) lose or b) play also a cheesedeck or c ) be a much better player and win regardless. None of these options are acceptable for a game that supposedly claims to be balanced).

Arch
Lieutenant

Postby Arch » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:28

Doeko wrote:
Arch wrote:I'd like ranked to be restricted to some decks that were balanced and units hand picked.

Wut?

I don't want ranked to be restricted at all, I just would like the OPTION not to play against mixed tryhard cheesedecks (because it forces me to eithre a) lose or b) play also a cheesedeck or c ) be a much better player and win regardless. None of these options are acceptable for a game that supposedly claims to be balanced).

Can you read?

I was saying what I'd want to happen. Seeing as I haven't even begun to make a chart or two with pictures, my point is just as invalid as yours.

Personally, cheese is not a problem, but I'd want restricted decks for ease of gameplay.

Mortabis
Sergeant Major

Postby Mortabis » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:50

Forget deck restrictions in ranked, add the ability for us to forbid specific deck restrictions in games. I've resorted to kicking anyone who shows up with a support deck (seriously the most offensive thing added in red dragon).

Basil_pup
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Basil_pup » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:51

Doeko wrote:Bump. I uninstalled the game until at least nation/coalition deck restrictions are in place for ranked (or at least as an option!). The fact is that competitive play is totally unbalanced in the sense that if two players of equal skill meet, then the one with the mixed deck will win if the other brings something else.

Playing against mixed decks is no fun if you dont have a mixed deck of your own (which is lame) and neither is playing in pubs, so goodbye wargame at least for now.

I'd like at least a dev to weigh in and say whether it is an option for the future or not, because if not I can just forget about wargame 100%.

On another note I think allowing mixed decks is a game design flaw in general regardless. It's impossible to balance the game like that.

Option B is to make ALL good newer units prototypes or something, so that you cna only use relatively crappy units in mixed.

For example we have there restriction option now. How ranked will be look like ? You choose restricted playing , never met "mixed-deck-hardcore-guys" and may be even have more ELO winning "restricted-deck-guys". Is it fair ? Or you suggest another ladder ?

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:53

Arch wrote:
Doeko wrote:

Wut?

Can you read?

I was saying what I'd want to happen. Seeing as I haven't even begun to make a chart or two with pictures, my point is just as invalid as yours.

Personally, cheese is not a problem, but I'd want restricted decks for ease of gameplay.

It seems a little silly to allow only certain decks and also boring and predictable.

I'm not making any "points" either. Just stating a preference which is not a big deal to implement and one which I think many people would appreciate. If they don't they can still play ranked without restricting to nation/coalition.

It would be nice if people would stop hijacking this thread for their own personal preferences that have nothing to do with restriction deck types or ranked gameplay.

Doeko
Master Sergeant

Postby Doeko » Wed 23 Apr 2014 18:53

Basil_pup wrote:
Doeko wrote:Bump. I uninstalled the game until at least nation/coalition deck restrictions are in place for ranked (or at least as an option!). The fact is that competitive play is totally unbalanced in the sense that if two players of equal skill meet, then the one with the mixed deck will win if the other brings something else.

For example we have there restriction option now. How ranked will be look like ? You choose restricted playing , never met "mixed-deck-hardcore-guys" and may be even have more ELO winning "restricted-deck-guys". Is it fair ? Or you suggest another ladder ?

Another ladder isn't necessary becaues both players play by the same rules if they so choose. So it's fair.

Basil_pup
Chief Warrant Officer

Postby Basil_pup » Wed 23 Apr 2014 19:13

Doeko wrote:Another ladder isn't necessary becaues both players play by the same rules if they so choose. So it's fair.

You play vs restricted decks , top players vs all decks . Same rules , yeah.

Tirak
Second-Lieutenant

Postby Tirak » Wed 23 Apr 2014 19:25

Mortabis wrote:Forget deck restrictions in ranked, add the ability for us to forbid specific deck restrictions in games. I've resorted to kicking anyone who shows up with a support deck (seriously the most offensive thing added in red dragon).

Yeah, because those guys who think having ground based air defense, supply choppers, CV choices while still having not horrible other choices in terms of the TNK and VHC section is a useful thing. :roll:
Last edited by OpusTheFowl on Thu 24 Apr 2014 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language

Return to “Wargame : Red Dragon”